IGNORED

Kevlar lined riding jeans review - if you are interested

VentureFar

Hi all,

I had the good fortune to review the IXS Kevlar and coolmax riding jeans. They are awesome. As they should be for the price. But they are literally so nice that you can wear them off the bike as really nice/comfortable jeans.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/09/07/ixs-classic-ar-cassidy-motorcycle-jeans-review-safety-fashion/

Hope you like the review.

Comments always welcome.

VentureFar...

Edited by VentureFar

Hi all,

I had the good fortune to review the IXS Kevlar and coolmax riding jeans. They are awesome. As they should be for the price. But they are literally so nice that you can wear them off the bike as really nice/comfortable jeans.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/09/07/ixs-classic-ar-cassidy-motorcycle-jeans-review-safety-fashion/

Hope you like the review.

Comments always welcome.

VentureFar...

Another good review but I'm not called a cheap sob for a reason. $250 - I get ticked off paying more than $20 for a pair of jeans :yikes:

Another good review but I'm not called a cheap sob for a reason. $250 - I get ticked off paying more than $20 for a pair of jeans :yikes:

I hear you and I am in the same price level for jeans, but jeans don't protect your skin at 70 mph or even 20 mph.

Like I said in the article, you can justify this purchase because they are dual purpose, riding and "dress up".

As we all know, good gear is expensive. The kevlar jeans I am now tossing out I bought in 2009 ! That's your $20 jeans "per year" :-)

There's a thought - what size jeans do you wear?

VentureFar...

I hear you and I am in the same price level for jeans, but jeans don't protect your skin at 70 mph or even 20 mph.

Like I said in the article, you can justify this purchase because they are dual purpose, riding and "dress up".

As we all know, good gear is expensive. The kevlar jeans I am now tossing out I bought in 2009 ! That's your $20 jeans "per year" :-)

There's a thought - what size jeans do you wear?

VentureFar...

I'd be in the 44 / 30 range. Working on that one though LOL. Too many years behind a desk / Traveling for work. Another story there though.

I had the "pleasure" of picking my bike bro up from the ER after coming off his bike one evening. He said he was doing 50 kmh (30 mph) I say he is full of sh!t...

I will never forget the sight of his knees. He wore Jeans all the time an bugged me about my ATGATT full out riding gear.

Your Levis' do not protect you at all... maybe Levis' from 1940 were strong enough to protect you but not from 2020.

I had the "pleasure" of picking my bike bro up from the ER after coming off his bike one evening. He said he was doing 50 kmh (30 mph) I say he is full of sh!t...

I will never forget the sight of his knees. He wore Jeans all the time an bugged me about my ATGATT full out riding gear.

Your Levis' do not protect you at all... maybe Levis' from 1940 were strong enough to protect you but not from 2020.

My research found regular jeans will tear through in 3 feet and Kevlar reinforced in 22 feet, done by a drag test of a 75 pound bag dragged behind a pickup

that’s a lot of skin if you are even going 20mph when your rear meets the asphalt. Not think of 70mph.

if you are a beanie, t shirt and jeans rider then you have made your Safety choice. If you wear a full face and riding jacket then why aren’t you protecting your lower half?

VentureFar...

What about getting wet in the rain do they take a long time to dry out? One thing I hated about jeans was getting caught in the rain and being stuck carting a gallon of water around the rest of the day. I have taken to wearing Hikers pants because they dry quick although no protection should you go down.

What about getting wet in the rain do they take a long time to dry out? One thing I hated about jeans was getting caught in the rain and being stuck carting a gallon of water around the rest of the day. I have taken to wearing Hikers pants because they dry quick although no protection should you go down.

Good question. but hikers pants won't even protect you from a bee sting much less the asphalt. OUCH>

You will want to hope it is a warm day that you get rained on because they will soak up the water just like any other denim AND the inner liner too.

My suggestion is that if you might encounter rain then bring your rain gear. I do. Venture has enough room for the kitchen sink, so I carry that too.....

Seriously, I only wear riding jeans on obvious dry days or when carrying rain gear. In my case I wear the Joe Rocket alter ego 4 jacket so I have the outer for the top - which if it is cool or cold, I was already wearing - and is water tight. for the bottom I would carry Joe rocket overpants for rain or cold or both. Boots are already waterproof.

If I think it is going to rain a bit, I will wear my Spidi H20 out pants that have openable flaps for wind cooling and are 98 % waterproof except for the crotch in heavy downpours. If I am going to be riding in the rain, I will wear my Joe Rocker overpants.

VentureFar...

Good question. but hikers pants won't even protect you from a bee sting much less the asphalt. OUCH>

Oh I already found that out scraped my knee good one day. Ironically the Hikers pants suffered not even a scuff mark while my knee lost its hide. My mother would have been ok with that. She would always tell us as kids the knees will heal on their own the pants she has to fix.

You will want to hope it is a warm day that you get rained on because they will soak up the water just like any other denim AND the inner liner too.

My suggestion is that if you might encounter rain then bring your rain gear. I do. Venture has enough room for the kitchen sink, so I carry that too.....

Seriously, I only wear riding jeans on obvious dry days or when carrying rain gear. In my case I wear the Joe Rocket alter ego 4 jacket so I have the outer for the top - which if it is cool or cold, I was already wearing - and is water tight. for the bottom I would carry Joe rocket overpants for rain or cold or both. Boots are already waterproof.

If I think it is going to rain a bit, I will wear my Spidi H20 out pants that have openable flaps for wind cooling and are 98 % waterproof except for the crotch in heavy downpours. If I am going to be riding in the rain, I will wear my Joe Rocker overpants.

VentureFar...

You could use some good hard rain Neil. Hope you’re out of danger’s way with the fires.