IGNORED

What I did ON my Venture.

Barnacle442

Just got back from my first long trip on my 2008 RS Venture. I went from the NW suburbs of Chicago down to the southern tip of Illinois, dipped into Tennessee by way of Kentucky and then back home to the top of the Illinois. The North-South portions of the trip were all highway and unremarkable but the loop at the bottom was on some of the prettiest, twistiest roads. I stayed in cheapish hotels (not cheap but not good either) and ate in some iffy restaurants. It was fun.

I was concerned about how I was going to hold up on this trip when I started out. I have made long trips on other bikes including another Royal Star, but this was the first on an actual "made for travelling" bike. IT WAS AMAZING! I packed a big fat motorcycle suitcase on the back seat so I could lean back against it, set the cruise control and just went. I was riding with friends and I hung with their Goldwings and Harleys easily both in terms of pace and fuel economy. Plus, unlike other trips I've taken, when I was done I didn't feel like I had been beaten up. My hands weren't cramped, my legs weren't stiff and sore, my back didn't hurt. Amazing. Simply amazing. I am so glad I bought this bike.

The cassette deck kinda sucks. I plugged my fone into the Aux jack and shuffled my music collection because it was easier than trying to find radio stations. As a result I didn't get any pictures. A friend sent the one below taken in Metropolis, IL.

20200908_095735[1].jpg

Edited by Barnacle442