IGNORED

Members using Tricare Military health care

djh3

So have any of you got your letter telling you your "free" health care is now going to have a fee? Seems back in 2017 Congress decided it was to a good a deal for us retires and we need to pay a "enrollment fee". I just sent an email to our rep in my district. Will it do any good? Doubt it. I'm just going to be out the bucks as I'm sure the 2% COLA we might get aint no way gonna cover it. If I only had worry about me I would go totally VA.

So have any of you got your letter telling you your "free" health care is now going to have a fee? Seems back in 2017 Congress decided it was to a good a deal for us retires and we need to pay a "enrollment fee". I just sent an email to our rep in my district. Will it do any good? Doubt it. I'm just going to be out the bucks as I'm sure the 2% COLA we might get aint no way gonna cover it. If I only had worry about me I would go totally VA.

Long time gone are those promises of "Free" medical and dental for life when you retire. I know that was what my father was promised when he joined the Air Force. I believe that went away right when I joined the Navy in 1993, and everything went from CHAMPUS to Tricare.

I don't know much about the enrollment fee. I haven't gotten a letter, but I know as a retiree with TRICARE Prime, I'm paying a very small monthly amount for health insurance, but it's NOTHING compared to what others pay for their health insurance. :mo money:

Yea I'm on "select". They say if I dont pay the ransom I can go to the closest military base and use facilities on a space A bases. LOL Yea like I'm gonna drive 2 hours to take a chance a Doc will see me. What a guy to do though? Tell them kiss off and have nothing? Not likely and they know it. Next up will be co-pays up and yearly deductibles going up again I'm sure.