IGNORED

Trailer camping on your bike

PastorCurt

I've been a two wheeled camper for many years. In my youth, I rode with a tarp wrapped around my fart sack. I'd lay the tarp out and park the FXST on the right edge. Then I'd pull the tarp over the bike and stake the edge down in a lean-to fashion. Roll the medium weather bag out and cut some Zs.

Kris and I just had our first motorcycle trailer camping experience a couple months ago. Much better!

Be careful. It's very easy to overestimate your cargo capacity.

Still, it's nice to be able to carry a comfortable size tent and sleeping bag system without sacrificing on food and wet weather gear.

The tongue mounted cooler is an added bonus.

Other than the obvious (hitch and electrical connections), I didn't make any other mods to the bike for towing.

With the trailer you don't even notice it is back there. Check specs on trailers though and get something like the Leisure-Lite. Full size tent trailer can be pulled but they are quite heavy. Go for one of the smaller ones.

Gives you a good amount of storage and gets you off the ground.

I think I’m going to pull the trigger on a Lee-Sure Lite Excel camper we found. It weighs 265 pounds empty and set-up time is under a minute. I like the idea of not sleeping on the ground. We go wilderness camping in the BWCAW between Minnesota and Ontario so I know what roughing it is ... and I prefer not to be that rustic.