IGNORED

What tools do you carry? I did a review of CruzTools Metric kit

VentureFar

Hi all,

Just sharing that I did a review of the CruzTools metric roadside repair tool kit if you are interested.

I for one am interested to see what my Brother @cowpuc carries for roadside emergency repairs besides a bottle of Chardonnay, two chairs and an AMA roadside assistance membership...:stickpoke::bighug::bighug:

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/09/01/cruztools-roadtech-m3-metric-tool-kit-review-motorcycle-repair/

comments always welcome.

VentureFar...

Hi all,

Just sharing that I did a review of the CruzTools metric roadside repair tool kit if you are interested.

I for one am interested to see what my Brother cowpuc carries for roadside emergency repairs besides a bottle of Chardonnay, two chairs and an AMA roadside assistance membership...:stickpoke::bighug::bighug:

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/09/01/cruztools-roadtech-m3-metric-tool-kit-review-motorcycle-repair/

comments always welcome.

VentureFar...

Another good review sir. I have carried the standard kit that comes with most bikes ple a few more items like locking pliers, a more sturdy set of a small ratchet, a few sockets (yes, the ever missing 10mm), allen wrenches and now a new small jump box/battery pack. Recently though, when on a multi-day trip one of the bikes got a nail in the tire and another rider had a plug kit as well as a small air pump. These last 2 items will be added to my setup and I think it will come close to completing it.

We'd like to add one more 'specific' item: the World's smallest Vice Grip.

(Yeah, we saw the 'locking' mention, but THIS is a legit 'Vice Grip' that fits in the palm of your hand, and is NOTHING to store on board.)

We've looked forever for another, but haven't found one... yet. No idea where it came from, but you would NOT believe how many times it has been priceless in an emergency.

Rgds, WRIDR

I never leave home with out my original issue leatherman tool. From there on trips I usually throw a 8,10, 11, 13mm wrench in and I think its a 6mm allen that fits the head light on the Vic incase the headlight goes out. Had this happen once at nite visiting my brother in law one night. Had to run home with high beam only 90 miles. Also a tire plug kit and one of those c02 cartridge inflators.

On this end, I carry the supplied tool kit for the bike + a set of small sockets + a set of allen wrenches and standard size flat & philips head screw driver. On longer trips, I will carry tire plugs and a small compressor. All these I hope I don't have to use while away from home.

(Yeah, we saw the 'locking' mention, but THIS is a legit 'Vice Grip' that fits in the palm of your hand, and is NOTHING to store on board.)

We've looked forever for another, but haven't found one... yet. No idea where it came from, but you would NOT believe how many times it has been priceless in an emergency.

Rgds, WRIDR

I have some of those Vise Grips, I find them in welding shops. With all those years working in sheet metal and then welding I have a large collection of all shapes and sizes, you can’t have too many Vise grips.

Factory tool pouch + tire plug kit + universal screwdriver with several high quality bits + hose to inflate tire from CLASS system in a pinch + 9mm handgun + a quality lock-wrench and Knipex slip joint.

if she comes up lame and the hose to inflate tire from CLASS system in a pinch doesn't work, do you put her out of her misery with the 9mm?

:doh:

VentureFar....

if she comes up lame and the hose to inflate tire from CLASS system in a pinch doesn't work, do you put her out of her misery with the 9mm?

:doh:

VentureFar....

I'm not quite sure how to give a motorcycle two to the chest and one to the head haha.

It's an old bike and could quit anywhere, I sort of picture myself sleeping in the woods with my leather as a pillow and the 9 for securing my place in the food chain. If I'm not going to town or around people I often don't carry one on my person. I do as a habit anytime I'm riding anywhere out of the way drop it into the tool bag with a few bottles of water.

I'm not quite sure how to give a motorcycle two to the chest and one to the head haha.

It's an old bike and could quit anywhere, I sort of picture myself sleeping in the woods with my leather as a pillow and the 9 for securing my place in the food chain. If I'm not going to town or around people I often don't carry one on my person. I do as a habit anytime I'm riding anywhere out of the way drop it into the tool bag with a few bottles of water.

That would be 2 in the tank and one in the headlight? LMAO

Rgds, WRIDR

How about these?

https://www.micromark.com/Mini-Locking-Pliers-set-of-2

Hi all,

I for one am interested to see what my Brother cowpuc carries for roadside emergency repairs besides a bottle of Chardonnay, two chairs and an AMA roadside assistance membership...:stickpoke::bighug::bighug:

comments always welcome.

VentureFar...

copy/paste from my youtube response my brother! Couple things missing in here are my hand Impact that I always carry and a small set of open end wrenches, both that I had out.. Also,, I use bike tie downs to hold the tent on the back that I also consider a vital part of Maintenance Department but watch the vid,, you'll see that I still do not depend on triple A for my road needs!! :rasberry:

""My brother Neil who lives on the west coast is a highly skilled, long distance, cross country rider with many hard earned badges/awards from organizations such as Iron Butt and the like. He is also a professional motorcycle and motorcycle related paraphernalia tester/reviewer/writer for a well known bike rag called UltimateMotorcycling (put a .com on there, click on the name and you can access all sorts of top notched motorcycle/and related stuff articles by my brother Neil as well as some other awesome writers). In one of his most excellent current reviews where he tests Cruztools Roadtech M3 Metric Tool kit (awesome review of an incredible tool kit IMHO) that he posted in our club's Water Hole forum section (if you still have not signed up for a free test run of our club, called VentureRider.org YOU are REALLY missing it!!) he made a comment concerning wondering what a person may find in my touring bikes tool kit, a place in time and space which I call my bikes "Maintenance Department".. This video is actually aimed directly at my brother and his comment about me probably now relying on a tow company and having others come and repair my bike for me BUT,, if you, as a viewer do watch this and do find something useful out of it,, maybe a little humor too,, my taking the time to put this together will have been well worth the effort far above the enjoyment I am already receiving in just being able to give my brother a hard time!! Get out and enjoy the road but be prepared for a few of the cross winds you may encounter out there!! Puc""

copy/paste from my youtube response my brother! Couple things missing in here are my hand Impact that I always carry and a small set of open end wrenches, both that I had out.. Also,, I use bike tie downs to hold the tent on the back that I also consider a vital part of Maintenance Department but watch the vid,, you'll see that I still do not depend on triple A for my road needs!! :rasberry:

""My brother Neil who lives on the west coast is a highly skilled, long distance, cross country rider with many hard earned badges/awards from organizations such as Iron Butt and the like. He is also a professional motorcycle and motorcycle related paraphernalia tester/reviewer/writer for a well known bike rag called UltimateMotorcycling (put a .com on there, click on the name and you can access all sorts of top notched motorcycle/and related stuff articles by my brother Neil as well as some other awesome writers). In one of his most excellent current reviews where he tests Cruztools Roadtech M3 Metric Tool kit (awesome review of an incredible tool kit IMHO) that he posted in our club's Water Hole forum section (if you still have not signed up for a free test run of our club, called VentureRider.org YOU are REALLY missing it!!) he made a comment concerning wondering what a person may find in my touring bikes tool kit, a place in time and space which I call my bikes "Maintenance Department".. This video is actually aimed directly at my brother and his comment about me probably now relying on a tow company and having others come and repair my bike for me BUT,, if you, as a viewer do watch this and do find something useful out of it,, maybe a little humor too,, my taking the time to put this together will have been well worth the effort far above the enjoyment I am already receiving in just being able to give my brother a hard time!! Get out and enjoy the road but be prepared for a few of the cross winds you may encounter out there!! Puc""

This purpose made video brought tears to my eyes. Not only did you give me big hugs but you made me feel like I was there with you.awesome. Thank you my brother.

I VentureFar with my friends...

well puc you take as much stuff as i do but i dont do tire work as no center stand. and all that stuff has seen use. the only thing i keep forgetting to buy is tire plug kit after it teaches me a lesson you can bet ill remember. good thread:thumbsup: