IGNORED

This can only happen to me.

grubsie

I couldn't make this up if I wanted to.

Hopped on my Harley this afternoon and headed out for a spin. I got about 10 minutes of riding in when I came to a stop sign. The stop was on an incline and the bike was in 1st gear so left hand was squeezing the clutch lever and my right squeezing the front brake. Out of nowhere, a bee, don't know what kind, decided to go into my left ear and sting the crap out of it. I was stuck there helpless. Finally with no cars in sight, I was able to cross the street and pull over.

I wear a half helmet so I checked to see if the bee was still there but it was gone. I haven't been stung in years and am not allergic so I figured that I could continue on my ride. In a matter of a few minutes, my ear and side of my face started throbbing. I decided to turn around and head home. Had my wife check my ear and it was all red and swollen. She found the stinger and pulled it out. Since then, I have taken an antihistamine, some Tylenol and have been icing it. Although that stuff seems to help, my ear and the area around it is swollen and red and sore.

What the heck is happening this year? My 1st road accident in 51 years on the road and now a bee stinging the crap out of me while I sat on the bike helpless.

I hope someone's not trying to tell me something. Come on 2021.

See? That's the danger of wearing a half helmet. 🤣

There is no helmet law here for adults, but I wear a full face every time anyway. Lemme tell ya when you take a bee into a full face lid he's there for the duration. Sometimes if I'm at speed I can flip the lid and turn my head so the turbulence will suck him out, hopefully before another sting in the temple, and hopefully not straight down my collar. Effen bees!

At least you spent the the adverse luck now and can go back to enjoying the wind as normal.

I couldn't make this up if I wanted to.

Hopped on my Harley this afternoon and headed out for a spin. I got about 10 minutes of riding in when I came to a stop sign. The stop was on an incline and the bike was in 1st gear so left hand was squeezing the clutch lever and my right squeezing the front brake. Out of nowhere, a bee, don't know what kind, decided to go into my left ear and sting the crap out of it. I was stuck there helpless. Finally with no cars in sight, I was able to cross the street and pull over.

I wear a half helmet so I checked to see if the bee was still there but it was gone. I haven't been stung in years and am not allergic so I figured that I could continue on my ride. In a matter of a few minutes, my ear and side of my face started throbbing. I decided to turn around and head home. Had my wife check my ear and it was all red and swollen. She found the stinger and pulled it out. Since then, I have taken an antihistamine, some Tylenol and have been icing it. Although that stuff seems to help, my ear and the area around it is swollen and red and sore.

What the heck is happening this year? My 1st road accident in 51 years on the road and now a bee stinging the crap out of me while I sat on the bike helpless.

I hope someone's not trying to tell me something. Come on 2021.

I was riding home from my son's place about an hour and half away when I make a turn into a small group of bees. Where did I get stung? On my thumb as one wedged between the tip of my thumb and the throttle. Clutch in and rub my thumb in one direction on my jeans. Hurt like crazy for about 10 minutes. No idea what kind of bee but I lossened my grip and just before it would have blown off wham. Like @CaseyJ955 I've also had a few end up in a full face helmet. The adrenalin that can be generated with a wasp inside your helmet between your eyes is crazy. I had one sit on my nose once too. God how I didn't get stung that time I have no idea, LOL. I opened the face shield and off it flew.

Wanna bet?? On hot days I like to ride with my full face shield cracked open a notch for more ventilation.. While on a day ride up in the Sierras I had a bee come over the top of the windshield and into the helmet and start stinging the heck out of my lower lip. I looked like Bubba in Forest Gump... Took about two hours before it returned to normal.. Damn it hurt!! Shield is now kept closed....

Wanna bet?? On hot days I like to ride with my full face shield cracked open a notch for more ventilation.. While on a day ride up in the Sierras I had a bee come over the top of the windshield and into the helmet and start stinging the heck out of my lower lip. I looked like Bubba in Forest Gump... Took about two hours before it returned to normal.. Damn it hurt!! Shield is now kept closed....

I ride with my shield as open as it will go unless it's exceptionally cold or I'm at highway speeds, so I scope a few extra up now and again. I know I'll be stung on the temple again, and again but I must have the wind. I hate lids and I get clusterEff with the visor closed for to long so an occasional sting is the price I pay. What really sucks is when something wiggly works around to my ear and no amount of moving the lid will suck it out. I have to stop and sort it out or tolerate brain parasites eating through my blood brain barrier and consuming my remaining IQ points. Maybe haha.

I know I told the story here years ago about a bee, highway pegs, a pantleg, my cubes and a barista that got to watch me to a frantic dance while dropping trau. I moved to the side of the coffee kiosk (BFE WY or MT, nobody else around I think) but I know she saw. How could you not watch some idiot jumping off a bike dancing, twirling and pulling his pants down. Now I do a boot tuck when highway pegs are used, but I just cant close my visor until the wind buffeting is unbearable.

For those that are allergic, I hope your riding with an epi pen and wristband. Anaphylactic reactions may be hard for non-medical folks to identify and time would be a factor.

I ride with my shield as open as it will go unless it's exceptionally cold or I'm at highway speeds, so I scope a few extra up now and again. I know I'll be stung on the temple again, and again but I must have the wind. I hate lids and I get clusterEff with the visor closed for to long so an occasional sting is the price I pay. What really sucks is when something wiggly works around to my ear and no amount of moving the lid will suck it out. I have to stop and sort it out or tolerate brain parasites eating through my blood brain barrier and consuming my remaining IQ points. Maybe haha.

I know I told the story here years ago about a bee, highway pegs, a pantleg, my cubes and a barista that got to watch me to a frantic dance while dropping trau. I moved to the side of the coffee kiosk (BFE WY or MT, nobody else around I think) but I know she saw. How could you not watch some idiot jumping off a bike dancing, twirling and pulling his pants down. Now I do a boot tuck when highway pegs are used, but I just cant close my visor until the wind buffeting is unbearable.

For those that are allergic, I hope your riding with an epi pen and wristband. Anaphylactic reactions may be hard for non-medical folks to identify and time would be a factor.

You should point us to the link since us newer people didn't get the benefits LMAO. That had to be a sight.

LOL is all I can say. that whole thread is good.

It is fun, bees are real, not a hoax haha. That forum has a lot of really cool folks on it.

OP, I've never been stung in the ear, that has to burn more than the meatier parts of the face. Seems like they know when your hands and attention are tied up, and take that as a cue to inflict some discomfort. If the bike stayed upright, the bee lost. Also he's gonna expire for his misdeeds so double suck for him for trying to topple one of us.

It is fun, bees are real, not a hoax haha. That forum has a lot of really cool folks on it.

OP, I've never been stung in the ear, that has to burn more than the meatier parts of the face. Seems like they know when your hands and attention are tied up, and take that as a cue to inflict some discomfort. If the bike stayed upright, the bee lost. Also he's gonna expire for his misdeeds so double suck for him for trying to topple one of us.

Actually Casey,, IMHO,, bee's dont know squat... Like a hammer falling from it's owners work bench and landing exactly on the owners big toe at just the exact moment when he flips his welding hood down to strike an arc on a priceless piece of historic art worth billions of dollars,,, it is ALL on Murphies shoulders!! Murphy plans and executes all injuries and crisis's like this,, not bee's IMHO.. Sure am glad Murph is no friend of mine!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Actually Casey,, IMHO,, bee's dont know squat... Like a hammer falling from it's owners work bench and landing exactly on the owners big toe at just the exact moment when he flips his welding hood down to strike an arc on a priceless piece of historic art worth billions of dollars,,, it is ALL on Murphies shoulders!! Murphy plans and executes all injuries and crisis's like this,, not bee's IMHO.. Sure am glad Murph is no friend of mine!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Oh yea, The Murphster! He and I were very close all through school, and we quite often drank together and punctuated that with a few bongrips. He helped me through (out of) relationships too, what a guy! Murph and I go waaay back. But I digress, I have plenty of evidence (the photo album of my towing career) that he is indeed well acquainted with others. I'm just not sure how the hell he finds so much time to spend with me when all you guys must just be missing him terribly. With the possible exception of the OP, he just visited you but at least he was called away back to me before the job was done and gravity also came to the party (Gravity is a 1st cousin of the Murphster)!

So yea, it's best to be on his good side when the feces hits the fan.

(WE ALL HAVE TO DUCK - WHEN THE **** HITS THE FAN) anyone catch this 80s music reference w/o the use of a search?