IGNORED

1990 won’t start

I am nit getting any fire to spark plugs. I am at a lake where I am camping. We had a tstorm come thru one day. The next day we drove it around and ran good. The next day it would crank but not fire off. I didn’t hear fuel pump run at first so pulled side panel and checked it. It is ok. Then it would’t even crank. All lights,etc came on ok. So I pulled the side panel and battery cover and checked to see if a wite had came loose. Went back later and it cranks but no fire to plugs. Any ideas where to start checking? I am an hour from home so can go get my trailer to haul it home but would like to get it running as will be camping for another week.

Bet you got some moisture in the TCI. It's under the battery tray. Pull the connectors and ask the sunshine to dry them out. If that don't do it, you may have moisture in the unit itself.

Are you sure you have no spark? Did you pull a wire or two to check it?

Yes I pulled a wire and connected an extra plug I carry with me and no spark. I also have COP on it which I have been running for about 4 years. The day after the rain I drove it several miles (approx 30). Enough in town stopped that fan came on. I don’t have my tools with me to get to the tci so I will have to wait until I get home with it this weekend to dig into it.

So if it were me, I would consider the kill and stand switch need drying or a shot of spray:

I would check the fuses and make sure they work correctly, remove, inspect replace.

But because it wouldn't spin then did but not fire this seems to me, to be, the kill witching as mentioned above, and is my bet.

Enjoy the trip cause this is all just part of camping off a bike that is pushing 30 ;)

I wired around the kill switch many years ago-kept giving problems.

I had checked the stand switch.

However I tried motorcycle 1 last time before heading to get my trailer and it started right up. Something must have been wet and finally dried.