IGNORED

Wanted clutch basket

I would rather put up with the whine from the clutch basket than the whine from the old Dutch guy I see in the mirror every morning.

I would gladly pay the price for a new clutch basket if it would get rid of 80% of the whine. But, it may not help at all. We just don't know. The clutch basket meshes with the transmission gear I presume and perhaps both would have to be changed? My ZN700 has a tiny bit of whine but it's so little that I don't notice it.

You can try the "H" basket. I think the "I" was recommended as the least whine.

There was someone on here that had tried adding a hose to feed oil into the clutch basket...they said it lessened the whine.

Others have tried different oils. In my '09 (which I assume has the "I" basket) is relatively quiet and I use Rotella T6.

You can try the "H" basket. I think the "I" was recommended as the least whine.

There was someone on here that had tried adding a hose to feed oil into the clutch basket...they said it lessened the whine.

Anyone else tried this?

Is the clutch too high to pick up oil? Even so, It should be running in a shower of oil from the crank.

And the basket turns ccw viewing it. The oil would have to hang on a full turn.

Wth, it’s only one hole. 🤷🏻*♂️

Do ya think the I basket was made by Kawasaki? Lol 😂😂😂

100k kms(60k miles) I just changed the original spring, plates are fine,

straight cut gears, have been listening for any whine. None.

UPDATE _ THE ROTELLA SEEMS TO HAVE REDUCED IT SLIGHTLY, BUT NOTHING SIGNIFICANT.

I just put the skydoc clutch upgrade in my new to me 08. The clutch disks were 180 off, but that is supposed to be ok. I put them in the prefered way (2 notches line up with the two pin dots on basket. It seemed to help maybe a tick.

I will be changing out whatever oil the PO used with Rotella soon, will report.

My 04 you had to listen really hard to hear the whine. Turned the radio one and couldnt hear it. This 08 screams at about 1500-2000 (not real certain without a tach)

Edited by OutKast
FOLLOWUP INFO