IGNORED

Turn Signal LED

cwtart

Hi,

I want to make my rear turn signals on my 2008 RSV brighter. Is there an exact socket match with an LED light that is available? With built-in resister if necessary? Also, an exact socket match for the rear brake light?

Thanks.

I second the nod to Custom Dynamics. I replaced the taillite with their LED board....much brighter. Also replaced all turn signals...front are now white center Run light with amber halo for Turn, rears are Run/Turn/Brake with Run & Brake red center with amber halo Turn. All boards plug into existing OEM socket...only extra wiring was to make the rears Run & Brake. Wires are part of the Custom Dynamics boards, you decide if you want to wire them up.

You're not replacing the light assembly, just pulling out the old incandescent bulb, and plugging in the LED board. The board is cut-out to fit around the original lens mounting screws. And as a previous post mentioned, with all LEDs as signals, you'll need to attach a Signal Stabilizer to slow down the flash rate. The OEM flasher doesn't "see" the LED as a load so it assumes a burnt out bulb and increases the flash rate. Like most older cars, it was a good way to notify the driver / rider of a burnt out bulb. With LEDs, you are now forced to actually look at the lights...what a concept. :cool:

Cheers...

The LED board you are referring to has not been available from Custom Dynamics for quite some time. I just want LED bulbs to replace the existing bulbs in the turn signals and brake-tail light. I can find plenty of substitutes online but would like to hear from someone who has already done this.

• 9 months later...

CWTART,

I was searching archives and happened upon this post.  I have the same exact desire.  I see this post is 10 months old, did you get anything resolved?  I recently contacted Custom Dynamics about this topic.  They wanted me to send pictures of my turn signal assembly, which I did.  Determination was that they do not sell anything that will fit.  The problem being that the plug for the light is on the side of the assembly instead of in the rear like most bikes. (on the front turn signals).  I also do not want to change assemblies if I don't have to.  I don't think the one they show on their web site will work for our RSVs even though they say they're for Metric bikes.  I'd have to take mine apart to make sure.  

Have you looked here? 

https://www.radiantz.com/yamaha-led-lights-s/131.htm , they have the round plates for turns and also the flat plate for the tail brake. I had that or similar on my 98 Tour Classic and my Venture, I mounted a small modulator right inside the tail light assembly so the brake light  flashed, really gets people's attention.

Also check here for tower lights.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/tail-brake-turn/ will need to get ones that have LEDs on the side of the tower so the show out through the lens.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had not seen these although the Radianz brake light appears to be what I have for my tail/brake light.  I was hoping for white/amber for front but at this point amber would be fine.  They're LEDs, so they'll be bright and add visibility anyway.  

Thanks

Guest divey
4 hours ago, Heimdog said:

I had not seen these although the Radianz brake light appears to be what I have for my tail/brake light.  I was hoping for white/amber for front but at this point amber would be fine.  They're LEDs, so they'll be bright and add visibility anyway.  

Thanks

Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signal Inserts Amber/White - BAZ Base - GEN-200AW-157TC, Part #CM1320881 is what you need.  Plug and play for your front turn signals.  They're white when running and amber when the turn signal is on.  Bright LED's.  Put them on my 08 RSV.

Guest divey
54 minutes ago, divey said:

Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signal Inserts Amber/White - BAZ Base - GEN-200AW-157TC, Part #CM1320881 is what you need.  Plug and play for your front turn signals.  They're white when running and amber when the turn signal is on.  Bright LED's.  Put them on my 08 RSV.

Just to clarify, the Part # i've quoted is for where I bought them which is www.fortnine.ca.  Fortnine is a major m/c parts distributer in Canada and a great source for all things m/c.  I just checked the Custom Dynamics website and couldn't easily locate the same reference to the one's I purchased.  CD has similar ones on their website but seem to reference fitment for HD's only.  Maybe a call to CD will clarify.  I've talked to them before and their customer service is top notch.