IGNORED

First time I am saying " this is a must have" for your bike or your whole stable.

VentureFar

On 5/24/2021 at 4:03 PM, Leland said:

Just installed these FOBOs.  For an extra $48, I ordered the trike set (3 sensors).  The app allows you to rename the third sensor Air Shock.  I got the normal tire pressure increase, but also found that the rear shock increased 6# (37#>43#) after about a 45 minute ride on two lane twisties.  Not particularly hot; 65° in the mountains, 75° in Denver.  Knowing this, I may lower its' initial pressure.  Always knew about tire pressure increase with temperature, but never considered the rear shock before.  I assume the engine heat also affects the shock.

I love the fact that in 3 months I haven't had to lay on the garage floor even once to check my rear tire pressure. Worth the cost just for that! Glad it is working out for you. I love mine.

VentureFar...

• Like 1

Did another ride with the phone mounted on the handlebars and the FOBO app open.  Had reset the rear shock to 26# cold.  After just a few miles, the rear shock pressure started to rise. It settled out at 36# to 37#. Would occasionally hit the low forties.

• Like 1

Good point.  Not only was the initial pressure taken without weight on the seat, but I have a Diamond R centerstand so no weight at all on the shock. Just went out to the garage and rolled the bike off of the centerstand. Went from a starting pressure of 27# to 35#.  Information that I never would have realized without the FOBO.  I realize that the true test is how it rides, but with me always checking on the centerstand, I was getting "fake news".  Thank you for your observations.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Surfrider said:

Does anyone know if the metal valves that come with the kit fit the Gen ll or should I be looking for different valve stems?  Hoping to get tires put on today but would hate to drive there and find out I need a different valve.

Thanks all

I put them on my 2nd gen RSV, using the stock rear valve stem, but I had them change the front to a right angle stem for convenience.  There were no valves that came with the kit, just the cap and a back locking nut.

Hmm, well now I’m thinking my memory fails me.  Once I saw your pic, maybe mine included those too, but I did not use them if they did. 

I am still using the stock 90 degree valve on the rear & had one installed on the front also. 

They work great.