IGNORED

Part Needed

saddlebum

Just so ya know, I've got two compete front fork assemblies. Completely rebuilt. Extended length, however. 42" from end to end. Of course the axle sits up a bit.

These were built for an '83 but might be the same as other years. Just thought you might be interested.

zag

Two years ago when Carl and went to reseal the forks on my bike we found that they had progressive springs installed. In the process the clown put those hat looking seats in upside down. It would appear they could not get the lower damper bolt in so instead of thinking they put something in wrong they ground down the ends of the dampers so the would go down through the hole on one and the pounded the other one on to the damper shaft distorting it on the other. Plus in the process they destroyed the seal lip. I had the 2nd 89 sitting there so we stole the forks off it to get my bike back on the road. Well now that I am off work I decided to rebuild the forks and put them on the 2nd 89 so I can get it road worthy again but finding those two parts has been impossible and since I am currantly not working do not have spare cash to go looking for a good used set of forks at this time.

Sorry, No luck with those. Many other brand new parts but no fork seals.
It is actually not a seal its a metal seat with a sealing lip bonded on the edge. Ironically the only starting using it in 88. prior to that the lower tube had that seat machined into the bottom of it. But in the shop manual they do not show it, showing only the earlier version. It does show it in the parts list for 88 and 89 wear in 86 the show the same thing except without that seat and a different part number for the lower tube.

But thanks for looking just the same

This is item #30 . Plate, Seat

2WR-2318U-00-00

Go to this site http://store.speedandsportinc.com/ and enter the above part number and they show having 2 in stock at this $14.51 each. I am not sure on Shipping charges but least the show having the parts.

Good luck..

Rick F

Are you familiar with this site as a safe site. The reason I ask is I found something on this site https://www.lugyimins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=530556 and next thing I knew the bank froze my card and then left me MSG to call them. They said the site was connected to a Company out of China with a reputation of running scams.

Are you familiar with this site as a safe site.

They appear to be a mom & pop dealer of out Pennsylvania and there's a phone number & e-mail address on the website. Reach out and see if you get a real person to talk to and place an order vs through the website.

Speed and Sport is a legitimate Yamaha dealer and parts source in Bloomsburg, PA.

They also have an online parts store and an ebay store for NOS.

I have dealt with them personally and the woman in charge of the parts department usually knows exactly if / what they have without looking it up.

They purchased and I believe still purchase NOS parts from Yamaha dealers that have went out of business.

Argo

Go to PInwall Cycle parts inc on ebay and you can get the front forks and triple tree for 74.00 and use it for your parts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-1989-Yamaha-Venture-FORKS-FORK-LEFT-RIGHT-TRIPLE-TREE-XVZ1300-STEERING-STEM/312013098960?epid=15010522290&hash=item48a56e0fd0:g:-2sAAOSwFyhaHdXO

Hope this helps and I have ordered things from them for my 1986 Venture and what they say is the way it is or better

Are you familiar with this site as a safe site. The reason I ask is I found something on this site https://www.lugyimins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=530556 and next thing I knew the bank froze my card and then left me MSG to call them. They said the site was connected to a Company out of China with a reputation of running scams.

If I recall, I purchased some Ventureline items from them off of Ebay and had no issues with them at all. It has been a number of years since I have done that but call them and see if they have the parts. They are state side so that is a big plus. I try and steer away from the China crap as it doesnt seem to fit or last.

Rick F.

I had this very issue, I took the forks apart to redo the seals and toss in some Progressive springs. Two things that caught me off guard is that it already had Progressive springs, and those little cups with the rubber lip, one came out in pieces, and both of them fell out on the ground so I never got to see how they were supposed to go in until I found an exploded view diagram. They only really fit one way, and you will have three washers there too. IIRC you have two flat and a wavy, the wavy goes in the middle (or is it a flat washer between two wavy ones...). Sux getting old.

I did what you did, I came to this forum hollering for help, and a member came to my rescue so I got one and a spare. I have been looking for my Venture box for a couple days thinking I had a spare for you. Doing some remodeling and stuff is everywhere. Long story short, I found my Venture box and I found the spare right along with it. I only have the one, not two.

I'm going to choose to pay it forward and offer it to you free of charge if you still need it and one is enough. I cant recall if I paid for them or got them free, but either way it was damn nice to have found some at all. It's well used as you can imagine but intact.

If you do still need it and you are in the lower 48 PM me and I'll reply with my contact info so we can get it on it's way to you. Sucks to burn up riding season over the little things.

Let me know.

EDIT, I just read you need two. Offer stands if you find another one somewhere else.