IGNORED

Oil overfill on my 2018 Star Venture TC

Plugs at $2 ea sends up a red flag. A lot of plugs are knock-offs that may seem to be the real item but are not and will give you grief in short order. Best hang on to the used ones until you are sure about the ones for $2. Now you may have got a good deal, not saying you didn't, but most often you get what you pay for. After my experience buying supposedly Champion plugs from  a local hardware store, and finding they didn't work, I now only buy plugs from a jobber and not even Canadian Tire. 

Quite often those cheaper plugs though they are manufactured by the same company that makes the quality plugs simply do not go through the quality check. I once dated a girl that worked for GE.. She was on the quality check line. Canadian tire for example sold GE bulbs as well as their own brand and at a much lower price. Customers were told that the house brand were by GE  and were the same bulbs just packaged in Canadian tire boxes. The girl I dated at the time informed me this was true with one exception. She would have the day off when  GE packaged for Canadian tire because they went directly into the boxes skipping the quality check line and by doing so manufacturing costs were cut on the bulbs, so you could get a good one but you might also get a bad one.

Edited by saddlebum

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 8:18 AM, Marcarl said:

Plugs at $2 ea sends up a red flag. A lot of plugs are knock-offs that may seem to be the real item but are not and will give you grief in short order. Best hang on to the used ones until you are sure about the ones for $2. Now you may have got a good deal, not saying you didn't, but most often you get what you pay for. After my experience buying supposedly Champion plugs from  a local hardware store, and finding they didn't work, I now only buy plugs from a jobber and not even Canadian Tire. 

I bought the plugs from NAPA for a case of 10.   FWIW, I’ve been buying plugs from NAPA for several decades including plugs for my ‘07 RSV and never had any issues.   So far, I have put on 200 miles on the new plugs and the bike has been running well.   I’ll try to feel the bikes 🏍 performance moving forward.