IGNORED

44$ CAD for a new battery!

jfman

Hey guys!

Two weeks ago I ordered a battery for my bike. 44$ on closeout from Royal Distributing and it was free shipping.

It came in today so I thought I would pass it along.

https://www.royaldistributing.com/crank-battery-sy50-n18l-at.html

Perfect timing, I just cancelled my order at the dealer and saved $50! Thank you @jfman !

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I have been using Bohannon Battery over in north east Fla for last 3 or 4 batteries. Best prices I have seen in lower 48. $44 bucks is a smoking deal, I think my last one was just shy of $100 USD.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed one this morning and fits reasonably well. We shall see how it stands up since it's a Crank Chinese battery and they are known for being poor. They must of bought a truck load of old stock batteries really cheap since they were for the Cavalcade and hardly a item one can move. Hope I have luck with this one.

My Deka ETX glass mat lasted 3 1/2 years which is disappointing considering the price and being extremely well maintained, one never knows.

Mine was bad from the start. Royal Distributing took it back under warranty (I didn't even get to ride more than a couple of km)... but they said if I took the replacement I wouldn't have warranty on the replacement. Based on the risk of getting another bad once, I took store credit and bought elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

My Deka ETX glass mat lasted 3 1/2 years which is disappointing considering the price and being extremely well maintained, one never knows.

That's odd, I installed a Deka ETX glass mat in my bike 6 years ago and it is still going strong. Even after forgetting to connect the battery saver to the bike the last two winters and which allowed the battery to go low enough where it barely cranked the engine over.

That's odd, I installed a Deka ETX glass mat in my bike 6 years ago and it is still going strong. Even after forgetting to connect the battery saver to the bike the last two winters and which allowed the battery to go low enough where it barely cranked the engine over.

Had the same Deka prior to the one I replaced and it was 4 years old. Have had no luck with them. Seems you got lucky with yours Ben. I think what happened is the heat did them in...temperature in my garage got up to 107C. In a Suzuki Bandit had a year old Yuasa and it gave up as well. I chased problems on that bike to no end sine the last thing I thought about being fairly new was the battery. It would work than not till I removed it and had it tested for deep draw. It would also show parasitic draw intermittently which should of been a clue. Since replacing both bikes working fine.

107C ! Assuming the C is for celcius, That's no garage, that's an oven. The water would be evaporating out of the batteries. My bike sits outside all year even in winter and the battery stays in the bike.

That's 107F, getting old. Yes it did feel like an oven and could only work early mornings. All was fine with both bikes till the heat weave started.