IGNORED

Guess I'm riding again

Freebird

I was really unsure if I was going to buy another bike or not. I've been looking around but just didn't want to spend a lot of money. I had the 2018 for well over a year and only put 1200 miles on it. After selling it, I pretty much decided that my riding days were over but that is easier said than really accepted. I was really on the fence about what to buy. I seriously considered another RSV but have come to really like having fuel injection rather than carbs.

So, I ran across another Harley. It's not exactly what I wanted because it's a 2008 model. Harley improved their frames in 2009, strengthening them so less flex. But to one honest, I don't ride hard any longer like I once did. The miles were right on this one and the price was about as good as I've seen so I pulled the trigger.

It's a 2008 Ultra Classic. Has a few extras including Vance and Hines mufflers, Mini ape hanger handlebars, Riders backrest (not in the picture), tall windshield, Chrome rims, and a few other things. Came with two covers and four nice helmets.

The bike only has 9300 miles on it. I rode it and it is pretty much like knew. So...I went ahead and pulled the trigger. May or may not like it but we'll see. No more than I ride, it should do just fine. If not, I can easily get my money out of it.

Here are some pictures at his house, I'm picking up this evening. I don't like the whitewalls but they will do until they wear out, if ever. Obviously the fringe has to go quickly. About the only thing I just have to add is highway pegs.

96762688_1547793928709112_7015778577790533632_o.jpg

It's an RSV wantabe!!!. Honestly? It looks like a Harley so I think you made the right choice for now. Hope you take some time to enjoy it, maybe make a weekly plan that you get at least 50 miles on it each week. Alone,, bike,, time is good stuff.

Nice looking bike I hope you get to at least get some leisure riding time even if they are only Sunday afternoon rides. Tis better'n not ridi'n atal lad.

And from what I understand (not that I have ever ridden one) for an RSV wanna-be they are not too bad a bike. Not that they would ever compare to 1st gen of course ---:biker:--- but you know at least you do get to have something you can ride. Plus with fuel injection you don't get that post hibernation cough and sputter in the spring time.

So enjoy buddy. And thats all I have to say about that.:detective:

I think I'll enjoy it. Wanted to pick up some highway pegs today but it looks like all the dealerships around here are closed on Monday so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Oh well. I'm going to pick it up at 5:30 this afternoon. Wanted to bring it home Saturday when I looked at it but they wouldn't take a check from a total stranger, imagine that. :)

Congrats, bike looks beautiful and I am sure you will enjoy it. I got a kick out of you saying the frame flex wouldnt be an issue cause you dont ride that hard anymore. The exact same way I feel, would rather take my time and enjoy the scenery. Every year I think I mite quit, then I ride the bikes to get them inspected and fall in love all over again.

Craig

Good score Don. Yea the "closed on Monday" thing seems to be pretty much nation wide from my experience. I dunno why maybe because open on Sat and need a 2 day off thing. I have seen a couple of Indians I sort of like but they have all that fringe stuff. I dont get it. I have asked a couple guy with Chieftains and asked them "hey how do you clean that stuff after you ride in the rain?" Usual answer? "Ride in rain?"

Enjoy and ride when ya can. Sundays to get a burger or a shake.

Yea, most of the dealers here are open on Sunday so I guess Monday is their only day off. I got the bike home yesterday afternoon. It was only about 30 miles away so it was a short ride. Everything was good though except that long fringe on the grips about beat me to death. My 15 year old great niece rode home with me and said that the fringe on the floorboards lashed her too. So, first thing I did this morning was remove all the fringe.

The guy bought a backrest when he bought the bike but decided he didn't like it and never used it. The hardware was all installed but the backrest wasn't on it when I bought it. I put it on this morning and found that he had splurged for the deluxe model that has a cable/lever to adjust the angle. Works very well. So that is done.

Today I will pick up some highway pegs and I think it will be good. Maybe a luggage rack at some point. I also learned that he had an LED kit installed at a bike really in Sandusky just after the bought it. Has a remote control that turns them on an off and different patterns and etc. Not something I would have added but actually pretty cool.

The Vance and Hines muffles sound good. A bit loud but not bad at all. I think I'm going to like them. Loved the mini ape hangers on the way home. Something I always wanted to try but never had. I think they will be perfect for me.

No complaints so far.

:scared:,, WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, JUST GORGEOUS BOSS = CONGRATS YA LOP EARED TRAITOR VARMINT (and so it starts again - WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, do I miss my friend and brother in grime/Yammer Dan!! Could he and I have fun with this!! :big-grin-emoticon:)!!! Seriously Boss,, She is a BEAUTY my brother,, just flat out purdy!!:thumbsup:

I know that HD did some major upgrading on the cam chain tensioners thru the years.. The major down point of the 88 inch T.C. with their spring loaded cam tensioners and soft shoes for guides had long since been replaced with hydraulic tensioner and tougher shoe material on the 96 inch so you should be good to go in that arena.. I am pretty sure that the full on, completed project of the upgrade to perfection was not completed until the 103 was introduced (I believe) so I would still follow your manual as far as inspection times in the cam chest cavity just to be sure but I believe those inspection times were moved out to 50k miles = Something you will probably never see now that your a gee,,,,, now that you are riding less these days (almost got me on that one :missingtooth: - I pick on you in love ya know :322:).. Personally,, I LOVE the T.C. and think that 96 inch is one of HD's finest motors. Combined with a 6 speed update,, ohhh yeahhhh,, that'll work big time!!

Glad to see your back at it my brother!! I know Elaine does not ride with you as much as Tip still does when we sneak Tweeks out so I will do just cause here and remind you of something that Tip has taken a liking to reminding me of,,, dont forget to put your kickstand down when ya park it Boss :big-grin-emoticon:

Life is good,, as long as there is at least one motorcycle still sitting in the garage!

Puc

Congrats. Nice looking scoot Don. You're living proof that once riding is in your blood, there's no going back until you can't swing a leg over the saddle.

What you gonna do with the fringe? It would look good on my black 2015 ultra limited. Just kidding.

If I am thinking correctly, I think the 2008 was the 1st year for the 6 gallon gas tank? Nice feature on the ultra.

I was seriously considering a trike and had my eye on a RSV Hannigan. Eileen really pushed for me to go that router but I just don't think I am ready. Then the guy posted that he had mistyped the price and it was a thousand more than I thought and that was enough excuse for me to abandon the idea.

I was seriously considering a trike and had my eye on a RSV Hannigan. Eileen really pushed for me to go that router but I just don't think I am ready. Then the guy posted that he had mistyped the price and it was a thousand more than I thought and that was enough excuse for me to abandon the idea.

Now we know Eileen is gonna get what she wants sooner than later. :stirthepot: