IGNORED

Model identification

WeeWilly

G'day All,

Forum Newbie and first time Cruiser Owner.

Has anyone listed which Models spanned which years etc? My just acquired 1998 is a XVZ1300A. Is that a Series 1 or 2? Mk1,2 etc? I'm in Australia so I'm aware you Guys and Gals in the U.S. may have different model designations.

TIA.

G'day All,

Has anyone listed which Models spanned which years etc? My just acquired 1998 is a XVZ1300A. Is that a Series 1 or 2? Mk1,2 etc? I'm in Australia so I'm aware you Guys and Gals in the U.S. may have different model designations.

TIA.

Hi @WeeWilly and :RED::welcome1::wow::welcome: to VR!:group cheers::group cheers:

Around these parts the MK1 Ventures were 1200cc and ran from 1983 to 1985, MK2's were 1300cc's and ran from 86 to 93.. The 2nd Gens RSV (Royal Star Ventures) did not start in production till 99 and were 1300cc's.. It almost sounds like you have a non-Venture model RSTD of one of the Classics.. Just occurred to me,, look up at the top of this page and locate the "History" icon, click on that and that will take you to the clubs history page that shows all the different models,, excluding the V-Max of course.. I am thinking that may be of alot of help to you.. If not,, definitely feel free to come back here and give a hollar..

G'Day back to you my friend!!

Puc

From 1996 to 2001 Yamaha produced the "Original" line of Royal Stars, there were several model designations such as Tour DeLuxe, Tour Classic, Boulevard, Silverado and standard Royal Star, each had unique packages such as chrome parts, hard bags , soft bags windshields and what not. They all had the same power plant 1200 cc 4 cylinder at 78 horsepower. Good solid bikes many have gone well over 100.000 miles.

From 1996 to 2001 Yamaha produced the "Original" line of Royal Stars, there were several model designations such as Tour DeLuxe, Tour Classic, Boulevard, Silverado and standard Royal Star, each had unique packages such as chrome parts, hard bags , soft bags windshields and what not. They all had the same power plant 1200 cc 4 cylinder at 78 horsepower. Good solid bikes many have gone well over 100.000 miles.

Thanks Mate. Our Royal Star has 66,000 km on it's Odometer. It started easily from stone cold and the engine still sounded 'tight. Coming off a 120HP Beemer GT I'll miss the power, especially two-up. But now I'll be able to slow down, and Smell the Roses:cool:

G'day All,

TIA.

Here is the info, WITH pictures!

https://www.venturerider.org/history/index.php

Thanks Mate. Our Royal Star has 66,000 km on it's Odometer. It started easily from stone cold and the engine still sounded 'tight. Coming off a 120HP Beemer GT I'll miss the power, especially two-up. But now I'll be able to slow down, and Smell the Roses:cool:

Just try twisting the throttle when you are in 3rd gear a few times you may be impressed by how well she does, 4th and 5th are both overdrive gears.

If you have a tach on the bike, the peak torque is at 3700 rpm, red line at 6000.

Want to have some fun....ride it like you stole it, get the rpm up there. This isn't a twin and if you really want to see what it will do, hit the rev limiter a few times. You'll think you are on a rocket.

Enjoy and welcome to the forum !

If you have a tach on the bike, the peak torque is at 3700 rpm, red line at 6000.

Want to have some fun....ride it like you stole it, get the rpm up there. This isn't a twin and if you really want to see what it will do, hit the rev limiter a few times. You'll think you are on a rocket.

Enjoy and welcome to the forum !

Thanks Don! I've owned two V4 'Sports Tourers' in the past, an '83 VF1000F and prior to that a '97(I think)VFR750F...the last of the year driven cam models.

I love the 'feel of the V4 layout. Just feels right. My XVZ doesn't have a fact I, sadly.😎