IGNORED

1 1/2" Baron Risers

I need some help. I installed Baron risers and when I turn the handle bars all the way to the right it puts the throttle cable in a bind and it sticks. I have to manually roll it back. I assume I have to get some slack but from where and how? I have tried to pull some slack but I'm concerned about pulling too hard and screwing something up. I have not remove the fairing yet to see if I can re-arrange the cable some way but that was going to be my next move. Any suggestions? :confused07:

I did not need new cables when I added the risers. You may need to rerout your cables to give them more slack. Take the neck cover off of the left side. That will give you access to the throttle box and you might be able to see what the problem is. Are your handelbars stock? Stock handelbars with barons risers should not require longer cables.-Jack

"Are your handelbars stock? Stock handelbars with barons risers should not require longer cables."

Yes Jack they are stock. I was going to dig into it a little bit further today but I wanted to get some feedback before I did. It looks as though the cables can be re-routed. Can it be done without disconnecting them from one end? If not I'm thinking it would be easier to disconnect from the throttle end.

I had to remove the cables from the grip end ( not to tough) and re route. I had to remove front flaring and really had a problem getting slack, even took the headlight out so i could get in there better, BUT you CAN may it without new cables. Keep trying

"BUT you CAN may it without new cables. Keep trying".

I can ride it now. As matter of fact I road it home from my brothers after we put the risers on, about 40 miles. The only time I see making a hard right turn will be in a parking lot a slow speed. My worry is that if the cable is in a bind when turned, will it at some point break while miles away from home in the middle of nowhere. I will get it corrected before I put myself in that position.