IGNORED

Closed restaurants

Venturous Randy

One of the things my lady and I have done for years is to go on google maps and look at some of the small towns and find restaurants and read reviews. In the past, we have found some wonderful mom and pop type places to eat and it makes for a great day ride. Unfortunately, it appears that many of these places could not survive trying to get by on just serving takeout and have permanently closed down. Many of these places have been in business for years.

Randy

The same is true up here in Maine. Many have moved on as they couldnt afford to stay open.

The money for smaller business went to larger businesses with little people booted to the end of the line while many others simply didnt qualify mine included. I build drones for search and rescue support. My reply came 6 weeks after my application stating they are just now getting to smaller folks and thanking me for my declined application. Being a disabled Service connected veteran was worth absolutely zero. the big rats got all or most of the cheese.

Gonna change the riding experience especially on Date days with not many places surviving the shut down.

Many restaurants in surrounding area are allowed to open with 25% inside seating. Some have elected to not even bother opening with this restriction. I assume it is not even profitable for them to open and have staff for that amount. I think that buffet as we have known them are a thing of the past. Not my favorite type of place but have had some good meals at them. If they stay around I think it will be more like cafeteria style, someone will dish it up and hand it to you instead of everyone digging in for themselves.

I'm thinking we will be paying significantly more for restaurant service. Staffing a slow night costs lots of mulla and the restaurants have lots of those for many reasons. Running at 50% or so when they could be at 100% on the odd nights will greatly crimp their cash flow over the course of time, so to stay open they will have to charge a higher rate just to be in business. I'm thinking a $20 meal will go to $30 or better, with fewer choices as to where to spend the entertainment bucks.

On the other side, with all the entertainment venues curtailed, there should be extra cash to do other things (although there will be lots of people out of work in that industry). It will be an interesting development,, could be a large recession coming up, but folks have made it through worse times than this, so I guess this generation will deal with their encumbrances as well.

Check my thread:https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?145563-Get-a-Handle&p=1079096#post1079096