IGNORED

Cow horns

bikerjohn

binI did send you a PM last night answering this my Texas Hero but apparently, due to oversight on my part my message box was tapped out and bouncing against the rev limiter and the message did not go thru.. I just resent my reply brother.. Asking for some pics of your triple tree or where ever you are planning to drill and questions about your planned method for the process,, you thinking drill thru,put a bolt in and nut on the bottom or drilling and tapping?? The reason for pics,, maybe there are already spots of factory drilled and tapped locations you could tie into with some brackets to mount the horns onto.. If it were mine I would look carefully for "clamps" where the forks slide into the triple trees = most scoots have got them of some sort.. Fabbing up a set of brackets that I could bend/tweek into mounts for the horns and then mounting the brackets under the fork clamp bolts would not be unreasonable IMHO.. It is not uncommon for OEM engineers to use those clamp bolts in double duty for everything from quick detach windshield mounts and blinker mounts and lots of other stuff.. I have personally used them to do crazy stuff like your son is talking about doing too,, on more than one occasion (you know how I am) and have never had issue with such..

I am sure you will get LOTS of suggestions on here from the guru's. I strongly suggest that you give much thought to listening to them before you drill baby drill...

Best of luck with your project!! CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE END RESULT!!

Puc

The triple tree is a highly stressed and critical part. Drilling and tapping could create a stress riser that could cause failure which would be catastrophic.

I would rather see you rig up a clamp to attach to the triple tree, It will be far safer.

Pics always help.