IGNORED

I can't believe this guy lived.

tufftom4

I know that area very well. He was trying to miss a Montreal Pot Hole and swerved to far in the bend. That is the same expressway and location that stopped my X wife from ever getting behind the wheel again.

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW!!:scared:!!!!! Few feet earlier into the rail and he would have done the ol Wiley Coyote routine right into that sign and SPLAT,, woulda/coulda been a whole different outcome ... Thank the Lord he cleared it and sounds like he is gonna be ok.. From what I can tell from the video, and IMHO, he had plenty of good, open pavement to judge his corner,, nothing there keeping him from tossing that sport bike down onto the chicken strips (maybe the pavement was wet,, putting fear of sliding out on him) and riding it out.. Bottom line,, it looks like possibly another fixated looking/watching at going where he didn't wanna go ending up at not even an attempt at riding out the corner.. Crazy,, right after the bike bounced off the rail and he went over the edge,, its almost like the bike just took over on its own to prove it was completely capable of making it :missingtooth:..

GLAD THE RIDER IS GOING TO LIVE TO RIDE AGAIN!! :thumbsup:

He could of handle it better you are right Puc. But it is a bad and old elevated expressway, way to rough the the speeds he was traveling. Those steel ties/expansion joints are hard riding as well.

Since the rider had no license or registration........well, what else can I say?

Randy

Now hang Randy, If I recall Quebec has the highest insurance rates of the country for bikes over 800ish cc and, if you pause the clip at 2;18 (CTV ONE) (I knew her by the way she used to HOT) anyways you will see he remembers to point his knee tho not enough, a little late true but, I really think he saw something of interest yonder over that there wall!? I am almost possessive because his head and shoulders were in the upright position; has to be because the dive over, looked pretty sweet!

Now we ask a couple more questions, like why was the police that near by, why bother to carry the registration and licence when one you can't afford insurance and therefore no registration can be issued, two, why have a drivers licence (for a bike it takes two one for cars the other..) when you know that it will only serve to identify you in the unlikely case of getting caught not being able to outrun stupid? See I think he just played the hand he had and that dive well wow man that was a sweet move, I think ;)

Just sayin don't judge harshly for a fool being just what he is

Edited by Patch

Now hang Randy, If I recall Quebec has the highest insurance rates of the country for bikes over 800ish cc and, if you pause the clip at 2;18 (CTV ONE) (I knew her by the way she used to HOT) anyways you will see he remembers to point his knee tho not enough, a little late true but, I really think he saw something of interest yonder over that there wall!? I am almost possessive because his head and shoulders were in the upright position; has to be because the dive over, looked pretty sweet!

Now we ask a couple more questions, like why was the police that near by, why bother to carry the registration and licence when one you can't afford insurance and therefore no registration can be issued, two, why have a drivers licence (for a bike it takes two one for cars the other..) when you know that it will only serve to identify you in the unlikely case of getting caught not being able to outrun stupid? See I think he just played the hand he had and that dive well wow man that was a sweet move, I think ;)

Just sayin don't judge harshly for a fool being just what he is

Very close to my point about fixation sighting Patch... As an opinion of mine, what can and does happen very often, especially in circles where skills to prevent it from happening have not been developed, is the person will spot a dangerous situation and instead of avoiding panic and using their developed skills to avoid a crisis,, they actually freeze up in fear and maintain focus on where the crisis is going to happen and thereby end up following thru with the crisis.. This is very common on MX Tracks where 200 ft jumps are common place and I have personally watched in horror while in the air on my MX bike as a rider in front of me,, also air born,, will panic and forget to tap his rear brake to adjust the attitude of his bike for the landing as he freezes up from fear and just stares at the spot he and his bike are about to crash land.. All resulting in severe injuries (or even death - witnessed many injuries but never an actual death thank God) as the rider stares down at the landing ramp below him and his fixation from fear completes its evil mission. I know,, probably sounds like a bunch of nonsense but from my untrained perspective it is reality..

No not at all Puc it is fact! Riding is a skill that takes time to hone. Must guys running rockets rarely ever learn the ins and outs or even the basic physics built in, like as in this case why the bike kept running straight up until the wall impacted the front wheel.. visa versa

You know too that the crank is again the driving force along with whatever mass is at the end of it.

Rotating mass is not "as expected" getting to understand that whether through study or practice is where the confidence builds or as we say in the trades (never mind it doesn't convert well to english).

So in effect and when adding all the rotating masses up there is a direction or heading involved one has to learn how to run with it!