IGNORED

Picnic Time

videoarizona

The Admiral wanted to go on a picnic today. So I went down to pick up the trailer and off we went. Up Elephant Head Rd. Stopped where we could turn around and ate lunch. Cooler and peaceful. Much better than being stuck in house!

20200423_122930.jpg

20200423_122940.jpg

20200423_122946.jpg it

Edited by videoarizona
Spelling

The Admiral wanted to go on a picnic today. So I went down to pick up the trailer and off we went. Up Elephant Head Rd. Stopped where we could turn around and ate lunch. Cooler and peaceful. Much better than being stick in house!

--

I guess the traffic was a bear! :cool10:

--

AWESOME VAZ!!!! You would go to prison if you tried that in Michigan right now but during normal times, our State and Federal Lands are wide open to free camping 24/7,, just pull off the roadway and/or onto a two track and have at it!! Love seeing Arizona being the same!! :thumbsup:

Puc,

I can't understand how Michigan can get away with locking the state down.... Makes no sense either, IMHO.

Casey,

As far as 2 Lanes that go to nice places, that's what Arizona is really all about. Find Tucson on map. Go south to I-19. Follow that to just south of Green Valley. Zoom in. Look for Elephant Head Rd... It heads east from the East side access Rd. Just south of the rest area on the freeway.

Go over the river, take next right. Mt. Hopkins rd. Follow that to the Smithsonian, Fred Whipple observatory guest area. From there the road goes mostly dirt.. All the way to top of mountain. We had our "picnic" about 3/4 of the way up the My Hopkins rd.

This pic looks back down the observatory road... At the parking area for amateur astronomers. They have little places where you can set up your telescope.

Picture coming next..

20200412_174859B.jpg

I really enjoy riding around Southern Arizona. Every 2 lane is an adventure....Chasing The Front Wheel!

Edited by videoarizona
add/SP

BTW, Arizona got smart about the virus thingie.....

Yea, they closed down the concessions, rest rooms and showers at the State Parks, but the parks are open. You can reserve your tent/rv space on line and just go. Plus, this time of year our "normal" weather is such that boondocking, or camping in the wild is open just about everywhere....

Arizona is smart enough to realize campers keep far more than 6 feet apart...more like 30 feet or more if boondocking. We don't like next door neighbors...we like quiet and peace. That's why you go out into the boonies to camp. Right?

But then, don't want this statement to get political...but the worse hit states are not like Arizona as far as leadership.

Stay safe everyone.... :beer::biker: