IGNORED

J&S jacks - Down For The Count?

cwtart

Have been waiting for my J&S jack since February - their web site, https://jsjacks.com/ is now suspended - they do not return emails, they do not return phone calls. Sorry to see them go - I was willing to wait for the product. Fortunately, I was able to file a dispute with my credit card company and got an immediate refund.

I guess I will be looking at the Pitbull jack now.

I hope this is just temporary due to a slow economy. I have a J&S Jack and I think they warranty their jacks for a lifetime, if I am not mistaken. They are truly well built motorcycle jacks. I've had mine for about 12 years now.

Have been waiting for my J&S jack since February - their web site, https://jsjacks.com/ is now suspended - they do not return emails, they do not return phone calls. Sorry to see them go - I was willing to wait for the product. Fortunately, I was able to file a dispute with my credit card company and got an immediate refund.

I have a pitbull which worked well with the '06 venture. The SVTC though requires a little more thought into jacking it up, like making sure the front is strapped before he front starts to relieve any pressure from the shocks.

I have a pitbull which worked well with the '06 venture. The SVTC though requires a little more thought into jacking it up, like making sure the front is strapped before he front starts to relieve any pressure from the shocks.

Couple of questions for you:

1. how long have you had the Pitbull?

2. which model - air or hydraulic

3. pros - what do you like

4. cons - what don't you like

Couple of questions for you:

1. how long have you had the Pitbull?

• I've had it roughly 8 or 9 years.

2. which model - air or hydraulic

• Hydraulic

3. pros - what do you like

• Lifts the bikes easily, even the heaviest bikes like the Ventures.
  • Multiple bike adapters that can be made myself or adapted myself.
  • Solid Construction. I expect to have this thing for a very long time. That's one reason I went with the Hydraulic version. The lift jack can be easily replaced. I also didn't want to fuss with the pneumatic version in the future. They are not interchangeable on my version
  • Pretty Low profile although the SVTC sits low enough to push that
  • Everything seems very stable even at the highest point. You can rock it but my son climbed on the bike while it was lifted like you see in their ad. He's about 200 lbs. I wouldn't do it because I'm 250 and a chicken @#$% LOL.
  • The lift height is great for me. The older model seems to have more lift height than the current one. Only by a couple of inches though.
  • Being able to roll the bike around or rotate it while on the jack is nice but I really have not done that much. My garage floor is very smooth and makes this easy.

4. cons - what don't you like

• Most of the add on items like the oil drain are geared for Harleys or Goldwings. Probably market driven

• Changing oil without a fabricated drain pan is a PIA. Especially on the SVTC with 3 drain plugs. I have spilled a lot of oil with it over the years.

• I need to fab a pan for it, I just have not made the time. Too many other projects and it's really more of an inconvenience than a necessity.

[*]The low profile. I know I have it as a pro too but the con is moving it in/out of the garage. I have a 2" lip at the door and it obviously needs to be lifted to get it in and out. VERY MINOR issue now but as I get older who knows.

I even use this jack when I wash the bike. It makes it so much easier to clean the rims and if I decide to pull the bags to really get in there and clean it's a breeze.

Domain is still good until 2024. However, it appears their hosting company BLUE DOOR CONSULTING is located, as you mentioned, is where it is suspended. Doing a deep check, everything is shuddered. Even email comes back undeliverable. :95:

Domain is still good until 2024. However, it appears their hosting company BLUE DOOR CONSULTING is located, as you mentioned, is where it is suspended. Doing a deep check, everything is shuddered. Even email comes back undeliverable.

They are still posting on Facebook and they posted yesterday that they are closed until the Wisconsin lockdown ends on May 26th. J&S Jacks is a very small family owned and run business and, in my opinion, they could easily close their store front to the public and continue to make-ship product. But not responding to phone calls or emails and having their web site closed down is pretty ominous. I have done a lot of research on the lift-jack I am going to buy and from what I have found, J&S jacks are top-of-the line product-wise but at the other end of the spectrum for customer service. Too bad, because I was willing to tolerate bad customer service for a superior product but now there is no customer service at all.

I contaced Pitbull and they are also closed but are still taking orders if you call and leave a voice message and are still shipping product. Pitbull responded to my website contact request withing an hour.