IGNORED

Phone Holder Question

Flash105

Getting ready to buy my second VRS I had a 2000 midnight, had to sell when we decided to adopt a child in 2004> 16 years later and I'm ready to start riding again. Looking for a second gen VRS!! What is everyone using to mount their I-Phone onto the handelbars?? Thanks for the help

Ram Mount X mount.

:sign yeah that: You can get kits with an assortment of motorcycle specific mounting options.

https://www.rammount.com/shop-all/ram-x-grip/phone-mounts?facets

I love mine even have one in the truck. Just make sure you order the right size for your phone Or tablet which ever you need. The smallest one is a tad too small the next one up should be about right for most of today's phones.

• 2 months later...

As usual, I have to be the odd man out!

I just mounted this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B088FNVGWP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 on my '06.

It seems rock solid and has excellent reviews. Wireless quick charge and USB port also with quick charge. The mount is versatile enough to make it possible to locate the phone pretty much anywhere you want to.

Unless it falls apart on the ride to Niagara, I can't see a better option for $40.00 delivered.

As usual, I have to be the odd man out!

I just mounted this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B088FNVGWP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 on my '06.

It seems rock solid and has excellent reviews. Wireless quick charge and USB port also with quick charge. The mount is versatile enough to make it possible to locate the phone pretty much anywhere you want to.

Unless it falls apart on the ride to Niagara, I can't see a better option for $40.00 delivered.

Thanks for this suggestion. I just ordered it.

Well, I didn't make the Niagara run but we did ride down to Hocking Hills/Logan, OH for a Blacksmithing class and the phone mount was solid. Rock steady, no vibration and the wireless charging work perfectly with my S10+.

I didn't hard wire mine to the battery, I wired in a power port connector(cigarette lighter adapter) and plugged it into the power port in the left inner fairing. That way there is no chance that I forget to turn it off and kill the battery.

Received mine earlier this week. Mounted it and ran the wires into the fairing and also tied into the power port on the Ultra Classic. Haven't ridden yet but test it and it charges with eh USB as well as the wireless charger. My one little complaint so far is that the mounts is a bit loose where the ball is molded into he back of the mount. It is a bit sloppy. It would probably not matter on the Venture but will likely shake around a bit on the Harley. I may end up putting some epoxy on the back but will wait and see if it seems to need it.

Well, I didn't make the Niagara run but we did ride down to Hocking Hills/Logan, OH for a Blacksmithing class and the phone mount was solid. Rock steady, no vibration and the wireless charging work perfectly with my S10+.

I didn't hard wire mine to the battery, I wired in a power port connector(cigarette lighter adapter) and plugged it into the power port in the left inner fairing. That way there is no chance that I forget to turn it off and kill the battery.

If you want to wire to the back side of that power port inside the fairing, I can set you up with neat little plug and play 2 pin break out adapter.