IGNORED

RSV Shock Repair Experiences

I've had several inquiries about the longevity of the shocks I've repaired. I have repaired more than 30 shocks since 2017. I'd like to hear from you about your experience with your repaired shock.

Let me know if:

Are you still riding on the repair?

How many miles have you put on the repaired shock?

How is the ride?

Has it leaked again?

Have you used my instructions on removing/remounting your shock?

Have you used my instructions to repair your own?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Happy Easter. Happy Passover.

Stay healthy.

Ride safe, ride smooth.

Fitz

Have"t had time to ride but one time since getting shock you did for me, but I do want to thank you

for your fast response when I contacted you about my shock problem. When I took my shock to you

had it done and back to me in a few days. I will let you know after I due some riding if I have any problems thanks Dave.

Robbie the ( Bushwacker)

It’s been a year since We did the exchange with your repaired unit. Holding up well. Stock feel and ride. It’s probably been 2k or so miles. Probably more. Went to South Dakota/black hills area last spring with it. Smooth as glass. Thank you for your hard work.

I haven't been out on mine yet, I will come back and post when I do. I can say that dealing with fitz was surprisingly quick and painless. He cross-shipped the new shock to speed up the process. I had that rebuilt shock inside of 4 days after committing to this with him. He had an outstanding level of availability and his instructions for removing and replacing the shock were perfect. Took less than an hour for the removal and then again on the install.

I haven't been out on the road, but the groan is gone! Pretty happy about that.

I have about 25,000 miles on the on that you repaired for me. I had a hagon shock on after mine went and before you started to repair these shocks, but i like the way the bike rides and handles beter with your repaired shock than the hagon.

Thanks again

ron

• 3 weeks later...

I dont remember when you did the repair on my shock, but I am guessing late 2017 or early 2018. It did well, only having to add more air pressure periodically. Back in March, I had someone install new stator due to charging problem. After I got bike back, I have noticed that there is oil on floor where I park it. I have looked at the bottom of shock is wet. I dont know if he put too much air in shock and blew seal or if it is just due to age. I took a picture, but cannot get it to load.

Thanks

Charles

I dont remember when you did the repair on my shock, but I am guessing late 2017 or early 2018. It did well, only having to add more air pressure periodically. Back in March, I had someone install new stator due to charging problem. After I got bike back, I have noticed that there is oil on floor where I park it. I have looked at the bottom of shock is wet. I dont know if he put too much air in shock and blew seal or if it is just due to age. I took a picture, but cannot get it to load.

Thanks

Charles

Charles, Thanks for your input. I sent the repaired shock to you on February 8, 2018, a little more than 2 years ago. Send it back and I'll repair it again. I have an exchange if you want to do that. Let me know. PM on the way

Ride safe, ride smooth.

Fitz

Back to follow up on my first post... so now I've finally had the bike out. It's perfect. I couldn't be happier ... like I said before .. from the start, and now to the finish.

Thanks Dave.

You're welcome Dog! Enjoy the ride.

• 1 year later...

Got my rebuilt shock installed this past winter. Have put just over 2,000 miles on it since. The last 1,000 miles on a 3 day ride around Oregon pulling a Cycle Mate trailer for the first time. So far I have absolutely no complaints!! Rides smooth with or without the extra load from the trailer.

• Like 1