IGNORED

Was there an 82 Venture ??

saddlebum

I thought they were introed in late 82, kind of like the 64 1/2 Mustang. That 1st gen is what made me fall in love with the Venture heritage. I was 16 when they first appeared in a dealership where I would get parts for my '81 400. I turned 17 in November. The dealer wouldn't let me test ride it because I was only 16.

Fell upon this link which got me wondering. I was always certain the venture was introduced in 83. So was there an 82 or not ??:confused24:

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/show...tion/xvz1200d/

That ad does say the one in the photo is an 83. Probably introduced in late 82?

I do know that I bought a new Honda 71 CB350 in February of 71. But, it was really a 70 model. A few months later the newly restyled 71 CB350 came to the dealers. So, I think that back in 71 they must have gone with the date of sale instead of the model for the year designation.

No,

But in 81 or 82 Yamaha took a standard XS1100 with a Vetter Fairing with a rectangular headlight and bags and called it the Venturer. The first Venture I ever saw was at the Motorcycle show in January in Dallas....where I told my dealer that I wanted the first black one he got in....which was in March.

venturer_ad.jpg

I've learned to never say never.. 'Cause every time I do I get bit in the A$s. Butt here's my thought's on the subject... The '82 may have existed only in Japan as a beta model. Just like the '84 model labeled as an '83, or the '94's which were actually a few left over '93 models and released in Europe as '94's... He said ducking bobbing and weaving... :duck::icon_lurker:

Edited by Condor

No,

But in 81 or 82 Yamaha took a standard XS1100 with a Vetter Fairing with a rectangular headlight and bags and called it the Venturer. The first Venture I ever saw was at the Motorcycle show in January in Dallas....where I told my dealer that I wanted the first black one he got in....which was in March.

I had a '79 XS1100, one of my favorite motorcycles looking back in time.