IGNORED

How is Everyone Doing?

Yama Mama

Very quiet here and very little traffic. Since I am already retired my time is spent like before working around the farm.

Will be putting the RSV up for sale soon and the 1980 XS1100. Not riding anymore and need to thin things out. Ya'll be safe and keep your distance from others. My primary care doctor is quarantined now. Haven't seen her since December but had an appointment yesterday which I skipped since the whole clinic is shut down. My wife is working from home also.

Later,

:farmer:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very quiet here and very little traffic. Since I am already retired my time is spent like before working around the farm.

Will be putting the RSV up for sale soon and the 1980 XS1100. Not riding anymore and need to thin things out. Ya'll be safe and keep your distance from others. My primary care doctor is quarantined now. Haven't seen her since December but had an appointment yesterday which I skipped since the whole clinic is shut down. My wife is working from home also.

Later,

:farmer:[/quoted Sorry to hear you are selling your bikes, but I understand. I am glad you are doing well. I hope you and and your wife stay healthy and happy.

Yama Mama

Well turning into a hermit haven't seen a sole. Started cleaning the bikes. Have the lawnmower all cleaned up ready to go. Also tried to get the leaves off the patio but loosing that battle. Can you be leave I even vacuumed the garage lol. Going to finish cleaning two of the bikes today. Find this hard to beleave but been eating correct food but just twice too much. Fridge is open more than closed. If it gets over 60 degrees some day will stay outside as much as possible. Hope all is well with everyone.

Good to know you are doing well. Keep working around the house, this will be eventually over.

Yama Mama

Things are quiet around here. After finally somewhat getting over the pneumonia, I'm somewhat back to normal. Still not 100%. Get winded quicker than I used to and tire out quicker. I installed a stairlift on Thursday and had a service call on Friday and another today. Have another sales call this afternoon about an hour away. Even the driving wears me down. This is a follow up call to finalize a couple of details and I'll probably install it on Monday or Tuesday. Things are pretty slow though. Not getting many calls. My business is exempt, "essential" I suppose, but the phone isn't ringing much. Probably for the best until I really start feeling better.[/quote [font=comic sans ms]Hey Freebird, I am glad you are up and about, but you better continue to listen to Nurse Eileen. Go slow and heal up.

Yama Mama

[/font]

With Ohio shut down and my job, unaccountably (I provide service and essential parts supply to every major pharmaceutical company and medical research center in the country) deemed non essential I have been working from home so I have had a good bit of free time lately. Kris is laid off for the foreseeable future

So far I have upgraded the lighting in the master bath and kitchen to controllable LED fixtures(also a new incandescent vanity light in the bathroom), installed new, seat height, elongated bowl, high efficiency water closet fixtures upstairs and down, picked up ceramic tile, a new shower stall and all necessary sundries to remodel the downstairs apartment bathroom, and carpet tiles for the rest of the downstairs floor plan.

Kris and I have been providing daycare for the grand daughter as my son is the only one of us still putting in 40 hours a week outside of the house. This makes getting the above mentioned projects done a bit of a challenge.

As it happens, it is possible though not confirmed that our whole family has contracted the WuFlu and recovered with only mild symptoms. It's also possible that we all just coincidentally had minor colds and or flu. Your guess is as good as mine.

All in all, we're all good here!

Good to know you are busy and well. I hope this will be over in a few weeks. Take care and tell Kris, I said hello.

Yama Mama

Not much has changed around our house, but we determined that I will be the one going to buy what ever is needed and then only if it's like necessary. We have a box of gloves in the car and truck, so if and when we have to shop or whatever, we grab a pair, get out of the car and on the way to the destination the gloves get put on, until we have exited the location and on the way to the vehicle, then off they come and in the garbage. That way our hands stay clean and so does our vehicle. We were using sanitizer and still do if necessary, but our skin was drying out and it was going to break, so that would be even worse, so gloves it is.

All the projects are being worked on around here, mostly just talk though, don't want the list to get too short and then not have a selection to choose from. Marca says she has more to add to the list once I get it down a bit, so I will continue to do my normal thing and find 'make-work projects'. Her ideas of necessary things always seem to involve wood and building, and I like to see grease and oil,,, the 2 don't match so well.

Do miss getting hugs though, wonder how long this is going to take,,, think I will send a message to our Prime Minister and tell him to get on with it,, long enough already!!!

It's also amazing how many people now walk the streets in our neighbourhood, and none of them seem to mind it one bit. We actually get to talk to each other, discover were we all live, share stories and happenings,,, it's hard to work outside and get something done,,, kind of nice really!! No sports, no bars, no going out for dinner, all kinds of family time and getting to know each other better. Quite nice for a change. Maybe it will rub off and into the future some. It's more difficult for old folks, and those compromised and the quarantined, guess we can kind of help out in that and communicate as much as possible.

Not much has changed around our house, but we determined that I will be the one going to buy what ever is needed and then only if it's like necessary. We have a box of gloves in the car and truck, so if and when we have to shop or whatever, we grab a pair, get out of the car and on the way to the destination the gloves get put on, until we have exited the location and on the way to the vehicle, then off they come and in the garbage. That way our hands stay clean and so does our vehicle. We were using sanitizer and still do if necessary, but our skin was drying out and it was going to break, so that would be even worse, so gloves it is.

All the projects are being worked on around here, mostly just talk though, don't want the list to get too short and then not have a selection to choose from. Marca says she has more to add to the list once I get it down a bit, so I will continue to do my normal thing and find 'make-work projects'. Her ideas of necessary things always seem to involve wood and building, and I like to see grease and oil,,, the 2 don't match so well.

Do miss getting hugs though, wonder how long this is going to take,,, think I will send a message to our Prime Minister and tell him to get on with it,, long enough already!!!

It's also amazing how many people now walk the streets in our neighbourhood, and none of them seem to mind it one bit. We actually get to talk to each other, discover were we all live, share stories and happenings,,, it's hard to work outside and get something done,,, kind of nice really!! No sports, no bars, no going out for dinner, all kinds of family time and getting to know each other better. Quite nice for a change. Maybe it will rub off and into the future some. It's more difficult for old folks, and those compromised and the quarantined, guess we can kind of help out in that and communicate as much as possible.

I just now have come to grips (six feet apart) that our hugging contest may have to be canceled. This is very disappointing to me, especially since I have been practicing night and day for this big event.

Yama Mama:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Finished maint on trike and balanced carbs, hit 67 here so I went for a nice ride. Trike ran great and it felt great to go for a ride. Next up the Madura, maint. then total detail, they are calling for rain this weekend so I doubt I will get another ride in. Picked up stix in back yard with one of those 3ft grabber things, worked pretty good HF saved my back. Put fertilizer and crabgrass preventer on lawn. Peggy it seems like there is plenty to do, and I am doing it while I feel good.

Hope you and your first husband are keeping busy too, Craig

A Madura. Are we talking about Suzuki's old V4. I don't think I have seen one of them on the road in 10 years. I test road a used Cavalcade which I think was the same motor. It ran nice and smooth. Must be a V4 characteristic. I have learned to really appreciate the V4 and wish the new venture had the 1700 vmax motor.

It was nice here in northcentral Pa yesterday and maybe we should have ridden to the state park but got out late and would have regretted in on the way home. As usual I am still putting the last repairs in on the bikes before riding season really starts here. Got my braided steel lines changed over to one line off the master and split before the calipers. Then rebuilt the master cylinder. Learned that speed bleeders are great once the master cylinder is bled out but inhibit vacuum bleeding. Had to pull one off and put a standard on to pull fluid through the master cylinder. Change the oil on the 88 and I suspect the o ring on the bolt did something during installation since it would not press through until I started threading it on. Something went pop and either it went into the housing or it is at the top of the nut. So far it is not leaking so maybe it does not matter. Put on some heated grips I have had hanging around for years and wow do they get nice and hot. Now I just need to get the head light working again. That is probably the starter button. Always something to do in the garage unfortunately I drive a 18 wheeler and I have to run down to Lafayette LA tomorrow. Now sure how long we will be doing that but I am told there will be food and other stuff that will need moved once we stop delivering overhead doors.

Stay apart everyone and maybe we will get this under control. I was sure we would all get this eventually but now I am thinking it might be possible for a good percentage to not get it if we keep those who have it and don't know it to stay away from other people. That should only take a few weeks once we get the infected to stop passing it around.

Sally and I started with painting the front foyer. After I agreed to that little project, someone told me that "paint the front foyer" is woman code for "paint the whole house". This warning wasn't too far off. The front foyer extended to the second floor. We are done. (brush drop):happy34:

Other than that, we are keeping to ourselves. Like Marcarl, we have gloves for shopping when required. We have Amazon Prime video, Netflix, basic cable, and Android box for movies.

The most recent emergency was running out of chips and dip. A must have with movies, dontcha know. :D

Stay healthy everyone. Keep your distance. Wash your hands. Buy extra chips and dip. :rolleyes:

Thomas and Sally

Edited by Midicat

A Madura. Are we talking about Suzuki's old V4. I don't think I have seen one of them on the road in 10 years. I test road a used Cavalcade which I think was the same motor. It ran nice and smooth. Must be a V4 characteristic. I have learned to really appreciate the V4 and wish the new venture had the 1700 vmax motor.

Yep Suzukis ole V4, calvacade was 1400cc, Madura is 1200cc, but same motor. Have it from new and it still looks and runs perfect. That motor was way ahead of its time. I agree the Vmax motor would make a great bagger, but that argument was beat to death.

Craig

Peggy, looks like you have way to much yard and way to many trees. My back hurts just looking at that pic. I guess it keeps you and Ron in shape keeping after the "estate" Always amazed when I think of you two clearing the land and building your dream house yourselves. That is a great story!

Take care, Craig & Kim

I had a Madura 1200. That 1/4 turn throttle was instant fun. I gave it to a friend when I bought my Venture Midnight Special. My friend just moved off island and gave me the Madura back. Unfortunately it has spent many years under a tarp and has corrosion. I would give it to anyone who wants a project.

Wish you were closer, does the motor run?, there is a guy on Madura Forum looking for a 1200 motor rite now.

I tell everyone that takes mine for a ride not to crack the throttle in first and second unless you have a quarter mile of straight road in front of you, cause you are gonna be doin 70 before you know what the heck happened.

Craig

Peggy, looks like you have way to much yard and way to many trees. My back hurts just looking at that pic. I guess it keeps you and Ron in shape keeping after the "estate" Always amazed when I think of you two clearing the land and building your dream house yourselves. That is a great story!

Take care, Craig & Kim

Let's just say it is getting harder to get motivated. But the trees just keep dying. If only we had not kept so many of them up.

We are still using the same chainsaw as we used back in 1980 to clear the property.

Yama Mama

received_587144445484876.jpg

Yep it is strange everywhere. We have to just stay six feet apart and keep connecting with the rest of humanity. We will overcome! We can do this! May be the answer is we should all be on motorcycles then we would never spread any virus if we wear helmets.

Yama Mamahttps://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118548

One of my neighbors who is a member of southern cruisers told me they were informed that group rides are cancelled because if the person in front sneezes the ones behind catch it. He said it did not concern him..... He is a ride captian.

I just now have come to grips (six feet apart) that our hugging contest may have to be canceled. This is very disappointing to me, especially since I have been practicing night and day for this big event.

Yama Mama:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Moped must be in his Glory.

On another note even though my wife is in Highland Illinois she still seems to be able to work the honey-do-list :bang head:

I have done some major cleanup in my basement wood working shop, around the yard and soon will be moving stuff around in the garage (I used to refer to it as, clean the garage but hey I may as well call it what it is)

Edited by saddlebum

Hey Saddlebum,

I think he is just confused about the hugging from me and the social distancing everywhere else. He does seem to be smiling much more, which for Moped is always a challenge.

Yama Mamahttps://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118563

I see glasses and binoculars on the table. Were my hugs that good that he now keeps a close watch on you?:bighug::178:

I see glasses and binoculars on the table. Were my hugs that good that he now keeps a close watch on you?

:bighug::178:

I do like to keep him guessing, and you did give me really good hugs, so may be you are right about that!

Yama Mama:canada::canada::canada::canada:

I do like to keep him guessing, and you did give me really good hugs, so may be you are right about that!

Yama Mama:canada::canada::canada::canada:

I'm thinking he's getting older and maybe can't see so far anymore, and just wants to be ready for any interlopers that might show up. Tel him Peg, that the border is closed for now and that presently hugs are not considered essential,,,, well not yet anyways.

Bum,,, you had better get to that garage,, you know how important that can be!!

Hey Marcarl,

I had a very strong feeling that you might respond to this post. I hope you are doing well and I had not planned to cross the border in the near future. I pray everyone stay healthy while we are social distancing. What a very sad term that is. I hope Saddlebum does not over do it in that garage.

Take care,

Yama Mamaoh-31-01b_lc.jpg

Saddlebum overdo it?????? Now where did that thought come from. all he has to do is make breakfast, lunch, supper, clean the floors and windows, do the laundry, get the mail,go for a snooze, make the bed, cut the grass, clean the truck,,,, and all before breakfast,,,, what's he got to do for the rest of the day huh???? Clean the garage!!!

I'm thinking he's getting older and maybe can't see so far anymore, and just wants to be ready for any interlopers that might show up. Tel him Peg, that the border is closed for now and that presently hugs are not considered essential,,,, well not yet anyways.

Bum,,, you had better get to that garage,, you know how important that can be!!

You are right about how important it is to be in the Garage but with Marita being 1400 KM (870 mi) away I no longer need to hide out there, at least for now.