IGNORED

Prayers Needed for Freebird

Yama Mama

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Peggy for posting it and thank you all for the prayers. I'll be OK. I haven't felt good for almost a week. Eileen has pushed me to go to the doctor but you all know how stubborn I can be. I've been extremely busy the past few weeks and just didn't feel that I was sick enough or had time to take off. I installed a stairlift on Monday, went home and went to bed. Installed on on Tuesday, went home and went to bed. Had a couple of service calls on Wednesday and another install on Thursday. I got in the habit of dragging myself out of bed, getting things loaded up and getting to the install sites and getting them done. Then boing. back home and sleeping until starting over the next day. If I pushed myself and stayed busy, I actually felt better. Had a couple of sales calls on Friday and then Eileen finally put her foot down and demanded that I go to he doctor on Friday evening. He said that I likely had an upper respiratory infection and gave me an antibiotic.

Saturday, I got worse. I finally woke up around 3:30 in the afternoon and Eileen had my clothes ready and told me that we were going to the emergency room. She said that she felt like she was watching me die. So I, reluctantly, headed to the emergency room. Of course one of the standard questions you are asked around here is "Do you feel safe at home". I told him yes, I felt I could take her but wasn't so sure today.

Anyway, They did some blood tests and a chest X-ray and it was determined that I have double pneumonia. Thery put me on two different antibiotics and did a breathing treatment. Suggested I stay in the hospital but then made the mistake of saying that I could go home if I agree to follow instructions. Of course I went home.

Just so you know, they also tested me for the cornovirus so I am self quarantined for the next 24 hours or until I get the results back which should be sooner than that. They said that my chance of testing positive is only about 15% but I needed to be tested. So there is that.

Otherwise, I'm doing pretty good. Have to get better soon because I have another stairlift to install on Tuesday morning. I'm betting I'll. be ready. :).

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,,, heard you was sick and needed some prayers brother,,, got er done, keepin em happening = PRAYERS UP!! Soooo glad to read the part of the story above Don = Thank God!!!

Seems how ya cant go "lift" others,,, Here's one to lift your spirits.. Knowing, as soooo many other lop eared VR varmints,,, had we of known each other back in the day we really would have done this = when ya see yourself on the CL450 in this one,, picture your's truly on an SL350 doing the video,,,,, singing some CCR with ya..

Get better and lets get er done:

Don,

I'm praying for a speedy recovery. Will continue to do so. Rest...heal...

Will pray for your wife as she cares for you. Care givers have a hard job, too.

Not all patients are "cooperative" or compliant.

John (Married to a CHARGE Nurse...)

Eugene, OR

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,,, heard you was sick and needed some prayers brother,,, got er done, keepin em happening = PRAYERS UP!! Soooo glad to read the part of the story above Don = Thank God!!!

Seems how ya cant go "lift" others,,, Here's one to lift your spirits.. Knowing, as soooo many other lop eared VR varmints,,, had we of known each other back in the day we really would have done this = when ya see yourself on the CL450 in this one,, picture your's truly on an SL350 doing the video,,,,, singing some CCR with ya..

That video sure brings back some memories. I remember when I was 15 years old putting many many miles on my CL350. Makes me want to go out and buy another one, or possibly the CL450 which I have never owned, and do a cross country trip on it. One last HURRAH if you will. I would give it some serious thought but would love some company. I actually bought another one a few years ago but it sure felt small after riding the bigger bikes for a lot of years. Bought this one and had it shipped here from Minnesota. Was as good as it looks in the pictures but ended up flipping it.

45005_425949369389_3240931_n.jpg

Finally got the results of my Cornovirus test. Negative. It's all good as I suspected. Now I just have to kick this pneumonia.

Good to hear,, just don't go getting that CV on top of what you already have. Stay home, unlax and call the folks who are expecting you, to tell them your situation, I'm sure they will be happy to have you stay put as well.

Where's my beer?! I need a beer! Thanks for this video Puc! I love CCR! I keep a CCR CD in my truck's CD changer so I can listen occasionally. :dancefool::thumbsup2::clap2:

Hoping you get back on track soon.

Something I just have to say, because I care.

I just went through the loss of a very good friend from lung cancer. And I have to say that lung cancer is a horrible way to die.

He was a life long smoker and even after a heart attack, he went right back to smoking. He just could not give them up, and they killed him.

If you are still smoking, this might be a good time to start working on stopping.

Randy

I got "walking pneumonia" back in 1967 when we spent 3 nights in the woods during basic training. It was 20 degrees at night and the Army sleeping bags were not adequate. I went on sick call the next weekend and spent the weekend sleeping almost around the clock in the Ft. Bragg hospital. Monday I went back to the training camp and finished basic training. Every time I get a chest Xray, the doctor will comment about the scarring in my lungs. I've never noticed any negative after effects of the pneumonia. Never smoked.