What's really going on here?

uncledj

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Girls are gone and the septic works fine. Food in the freezer and guns on the wall.

I did see some numbers today from US and China, I still believe this has been blown completely out of proportion for political reasons and things will soon be back to normal. I have a close friend high up in the military health system that is laughing at the panic and says it’s a drop in the bucket as to what it’s being made to be.

I still believe this has been blown completely out of proportion for political reasons and things will soon be back to normal. I have a close friend high up in the military health system that is laughing at the panic and says it’s a drop in the bucket as to what it’s being made to be.

OK lets do some math.

Italy has 28000 cases and in the last 24 hours 349 deaths . Lets call that 1.3% in just 24 hours.

Here's a number, if 10M Americans were to get this virus in total and based on the average above,,, would be 130,000 that could expire. A day, a week, a month whatever, it is still a high number.

If everybody ignored the spread of this virus and all 325M Americans contracted it, 4,550,000 would likely expire; based on what Italy is experiencing today.

True, it could be less here, could be more too? Just maybe the virus is not a cynical political conspiracy to keep Republicans home while Democrats go out to vote or conspire against the White House Administration: because, if that were true think what would happen to them Dems come next vote. Americans are smarter than that, regardless of political stripe. hmm

A thought;)

OK lets do some math.

Italy has 28000 cases and in the last 24 hours 349 deaths . Lets call that 1.3% in just 24 hours.

Here's a number, if 10M Americans were to get this virus in total and based on the average above,,, would be 130,000 that could expire. A day, a week, a month whatever, it is still a high number.

If everybody ignored the spread of this virus and all 325M Americans contracted it, 4,550,000 would likely expire; based on what Italy is experiencing today.

True, it could be less here, could be more too? Just maybe the virus is not a cynical political conspiracy to keep Republicans home while Democrats go out to vote or conspire against the White House Administration: because, if that were true think what would happen to them Dems come next vote. Americans are smarter than that, regardless of political stripe. hmm

A thought;)

I think your numbers are screwed, not that they are false, here's why I think. Italy's outbreak was limited to one area when it first began, I'm thinking that area had a lot of older people living there (not that we should not be concerned for older people) and so did not take the whole population of the country into account as far as percentages and rate of death is concerned. I don't think those numbers are widely available for anywhere, maybe it's too early to figure just yet. So looking at it that way, the numbers don't tell the real story I think.

What has been disclosed is that CV19 has about the same affect on a person as a good case of the common cold, so my thoughts are: if you are compromised in the health dept, then maybe it would be best to self isolate, and if you are older to do the same, then the rest of the population could go through this feeling of miserableness for 2-4 weeks and then it would be all over, but as long as the virus has new folks to log onto, the most vulnerable will continue to be vulnerable, and that could be for months at the rate we are going. The fear is that the health systems would be overloaded, as they are already and that those REALLY needing the help would not have access to it, because it would be plugged up with panicked people who think that a test will somehow help.

I think it's high time that we figure out when a body is contagious, and when the contagiousness is over. That way we can treat this more as a common cold and deal with it. As long as we are not told the parameters the problem is wide open and out of control. Yep, we see that happening. At this rate we are are in this for a long haul, possible 6 mths to a year.

Dang it. I typed up a fairly long reply Patch somewhat mirroring what Carl said, I also think the numbers are skewed as reported. Some kind of glitch stopped me from posting it. Is Don in on the conspiracy?😳😳😳Ha.

I’ll try to redo it later when I have a few minutes.

OK I’ll try this again. I hadn’t seen Carl’s post first time I tried. I also have looked at the numbers and talked to multiple people in the health care industry. The numbers published show only confirmed cases and deaths. What they do not show is WHO has it and have passed. The elderly and others with compromised immune systems are at risk. The average healthy person will show flu like symptoms and recover. Now how many out there are like me and won’t go to the dr with flu symptoms? I stay home a few days and go about my business. That alone skews the numbers since I wasn’t “diagnosed” I never had it or recovered. If my mother were to get the virus she would be high risk due to other health issues, if she were to pass it would be blamed on the virus when in reality she could pass at any time without the virus. The only death so far in KY exactly mirrors that case. The media has incited panic in the masses pushing the government to overreact, businesses will suffer, parents are losing work with schools closed, the economy will take time to recover, and the same people who wouldn’t have gotten sick in the first place will think they accomplished something. I know my occupation has given me a cold outlook on death but it also gives me a realistic look on life, like Forest Gump said: **** Happens.

One more fact on the numbers is that only high risk people are being tested, so we have no idea who else has it and are being treated for flu and will also recover never being diagnosed.

Now something else the numbers won’t show is how many people with service jobs in restaurants, daycares, etc will suffer long term effects from not working when in reality they were at no more risk than they were with the flu going around? See the political ramifications?

On a side note my wife is sitting in an empty classroom trying to answer questions from and trying to help parents home school their children. When this is over, if nothing else, I hope more parents realize what our educators go through teaching their “perfect” student and take a more proactive approach to education and discipline. She spent all last evening on emails, texts, and calls from parents after spending the day in the classroom. I call that a reality check.

I don't disagree with either of you!

It boils down to demographics which I haven't looked up or compared for both country's.

The size of this months challenge would have been known thru testing which simply did not happen and; has caused people to speculate.

Next month expect another jump in the numbers of positives and not just because more of the population will have been tested either; more like because people will be ignoring the mess believing its not their problem or its all a conspiracy.

Yes the major concern at the moment is the infrastructure of the health care systems being over whelmed as that will cause additional deaths related to other life issues.

I haven't read thru today's status yet to see if we have begun doubling or tripling the numbers but, I do know that the panic is a result of the inaction's - that is now history - and nothing is going to rewrite it. We need to know the size of the problem so we can plan.

I don't disagree with either of you!

It boils down to demographics which I haven't looked up or compared for both country's.

The size of this months challenge would have been known thru testing which simply did not happen and; has caused people to speculate.

Next month expect another jump in the numbers of positives and not just because more of the population will have been tested either; more like because people will be ignoring the mess believing its not their problem or its all a conspiracy.

Yes the major concern at the moment is the infrastructure of the health care systems being over whelmed as that will cause additional deaths related to other life issues.

I haven't read thru today's status yet to see if we have begun doubling or tripling the numbers but, I do know that the panic is a result of the inaction's - that is now history - and nothing is going to rewrite it. We need to know the size of the problem so we can plan.

We somewhat agree. The virus is real without a doubt, I just believe it has been blown out of proportion. I don’t advocate ignoring it or claim it’s a conspiracy. The reaction may very well be conspired upon. I will treat this like the flu pandemics by washing my hands. I usually avoid people for the most part simply because I don’t like crowds. I luckily have a very high immune system so for the most part I’ll ignore it beyond the basics.

We somewhat agree. The virus is real without a doubt, I just believe it has been blown out of proportion. I don’t advocate ignoring it or claim it’s a conspiracy. The reaction may very well be conspired upon. I will treat this like the flu pandemics by washing my hands. I usually avoid people for the most part simply because I don’t like crowds. I luckily have a very high immune system so for the most part I’ll ignore it beyond the basics.

I agree with you 100%. It's funny that the definition of pandemic excludes seasonal flus or we would have world wide panic every year. Here's my uneducated view point, is this a Pandemic - no, is it epidemic level in some areas - yes. The key, and it is a very loose, interpretive key, is how many epidemic areas does it take to be called a pandemic? China, Italy and Iran alone could be used to define a Pandemic. How much of a concentration is needed to be called an epidemic? The first cases around NYC were in a neighborhood north of Manhattan. and proportionately there were a lot in that neighborhood. Was this epidemic levels for that area? Yes, in the Neighborhood but not for the whole city. The maps that they show of the world with red dots is incredibly misleading and I believe intentionally so. The size of these 'dots' are increased in size as the number of cases grow in an area. Zoom in on the US and the scale of the dots starts to become a little more relevant to the pocket areas. Zoom in further and forget it, accuracy goes out the window. For example, the Texas maps shows cases only in the Killeen area which is totally false. I also don't believe there is any single area in Texas where the level of active infections constitute an epidemic. This type of presentation is only for imagery impact and not for accuracy. Basically in a couple of words, I believe it is 95% + Hype in the Americas, especially in the US Media.

As an engineer I like facts and figures. Around here we obvious have a good health care system that can tackle this so long as we don't let it get out of control. A friend of mine posted this article that has a "random test generator" built into the article, every time you click this link you'll see a different outcome from each of the samples! This gives a visual of how "taking precautions" for a few weeks will slow the spread and not inundate the health care system.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/?fbclid=IwAR0-m8VM0Nxi7e9aIXWZJmavqxsWWQ6kf18ZNMPsLF-4EOabZYEhlFL37do

If you look at Italy the death rate is 8% as of yesterday. It should start to drop as people continue to drop of the planet.?

Anyways as of today they appear to be showing something like 500 fewer new reported cases now that strict rules have been imposed.

Here's a link

I'm checking guys take care talk down the road a piece

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world&link_location=live-reporting-story

I'm an old coot in the category that is the most vulnerable but I'm more worried about what this is doing to our economy. We could have a economic depression caused by all the precautions we are taking to prevent the spread of this virus. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. All this money being printed and tossed around is not all good.

I'm an old coot in the category that is the most vulnerable but I'm more worried about what this is doing to our economy. We could have a economic depression caused by all the precautions we are taking to prevent the spread of this virus. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't. All this money being printed and tossed around is not all good.

Right there with ya Sky!! Must be a geezer thing or something... I been sending notes to the POTUS to PLEASE consider WW2 like price freezing and rationing cards before he releases the +TRILLION dollars of money with hopes of curtailing gouging and hoarding as much as possible... I am one of those "high riskers" cause of health issues and still fear the economy terror more than the virus stuff,,, guess I am more concerned with my childrens children quality of life than that of my own potential of pushing up daisies.. Sick eay...

Prayers Up

I've pretty much decided that this is a manufactured crisis, using the new flu strain as an excuse. Someone decided that the US economy had to be knocked down a few pegs...maybe have a reset....regardless of the cost.

I can see NO common sense reason for the level of panic.

Media driven, herd mentality panic. People need to get a grip.:yikes:

Came across this just after my last post.

A top scientist with four degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology said he believes the "deep state" is using the coronavirus pandemic for its own agenda.Shiva Ayyadurai said that the chronic “fear-mongering” over the outbreak was being used to push an agenda.Ayyadurai said on Twitter:“As an MIT PhD in Biological Engineering who studies & does research nearly every day on the Immune System, the #coronavirus fear-mongering by the Deep State will go down in history as one of the biggest fraud to manipulate economies, suppress dissent, & push MANDATED Medicine!”

READ MORE: https://neonnettle.com/news/10674-top-mit-scientist-deep-state-using-coronavirus-to-spread-fear

© Neon Nettle

That's a GREAT bakery. Wife's made me drive the 2 1/2 hours to get cakes there before.

I'm from the Y-town area originally, and still consider it home.

ANYHOO.

I've thought it through and I'm done with this media driven panic. I'll give the same consideration I do with any other flu season....stay away from old folks.....and give everyone a wide berth.

No more hand sanitizing...just the normal washing when dirty.

No more feeling like I should be following the rest of the sheeple, comfortable in the knowledge that this flu season is not much different than any other year, aside from the media driven sheeple panic.

DONE.:icon_lurker:

There isn't but so much we can do. Even retirees like me have to go out sometimes and buy food, go to Dr. appts. and other necessities. I went for a ride today on my Kawasaki enough to wash the carbs. I rode for 10 miles or so and then bought gas touching the gas pump, and then went to the Pharmacy to pick up one of the necessities of life for old codgers, drugs!