IGNORED

Effects of Corona Virus to My Ride Time

N3FOL

We have two confirmed cases as of today. Both are on the border with Virginia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Health officials are saying that ‘we’ have not even reached the peak of the curve yet. This is very alarming to me.

When in June? We may be riding over there too.

This Saturday I’m going on a motorcycle awareness/ safety ride. This is the 5th and final ride put on by a local woman in honor of her younger sister that was killed 5 years ago last week when a car ran a stop sign taking out both her and her husband. The sponsor quit riding last year after her son was right behind his buddy that was hit by another car.

We call it our "Longest Week (weekend) Ride." We always do a ride that includes June 21, the longest day of the year. Past years it's been a weekend ride somewhere. This year is Arkansas and Missouri. June 13-21.

I am praying that hopefully by June or earlier, we can go back to our normal routine in life. For my consolation, ride the bike to and from work yesterday and grocery stores are starting to have more items on their shelves, but the buying frenzy is still not over yet. Sam’s club - they are only allowing 15 people at a time inside their store - so I just left and will go back another day. [emoji40]

State of Illinois to go on "Shelter In Place" protocols tomorrow, waiting to see if Indiana follows suite.

Indiana has already extended the school closings for May 1st, my son is in kindergarden. The wife is a teacher in IL in the south Chicago suburbs and no news since the April 6th initial notice. Thankfully she's home because I am NOT the best teacher for a 6yr old.

Sorry to hear your ride has been cancelled. We all know the decision is hard for them to make, but if it is to save lives - it is worth canceling such event.

I’ve been riding here as well even if it is just going to and from work. We are in the health care business, so there are ok plans of shutting down our plant in Maryland. Since last week, I’ve only seen one rider on the road despite the nice temps on certain days. Not too much traffic on the roads over here. Always Ride Safe.