IGNORED

Effects of Corona Virus to My Ride Time

N3FOL

Today, there is just too many things in the news regarding the virus and efforts to slow the spread. Pa. Gov. advise Pennsylvanians to limit/avoid Malls, Movies, etc. .... Maryland Public Schools will be closed for 2 weeks starting next Monday...and the list goes on and on and on. The only thing that will stop me from riding is the weather, but we should all continue to monitor the corona virus situation and recognize the ongoing uncertainty and concern that it is causing. Ride Safe and Wash Your Hands for at least 20 seconds. :happy34:

Crazy in Indiana as well. My senior in College just got put on 'online classes' for balance of semester, Commencement ceremony is ?? I'm bummed, College hoops March madness is my favorite time of year. I did get two large packages of toilet paper at WalMart today, we're good. YES, wash the hands.

Crazy in Indiana as well. My senior in College just got put on 'online classes' for balance of semester, Commencement ceremony is ?? I'm bummed, College hoops March madness is my favorite time of year. I did get two large packages of toilet paper at WalMart today, we're good. YES, wash the hands.

It is truly unprecedented. Univ. of MD, Towson Univ, Loyola U and Johns Hopkins and surrounding CC colleges and more have also switched to online instructions. I am also a huge basketball fan and am disappointed that I will not be able to enjoy March Madness next week. :(

I work at a small college here in Fla. WE have been bombed with e-mails about prevention and plans should they be needed. We moved to an online course material this fall, so students will be able to do the book part, but our course requires a certain amount of hands on stuff. We go out on spring break starting Monday for a week. My fear is they will extend it 2 more weeks when we are supposed to come back. Unfortunately for me I am hourly and that makes 3 weeks with no pay. It would be a good time to ride, but you have to have money.

What no one wants to show is the total number of recoveries. While trying to find this information I came across a West Virginia Government site that had the best charts I found. Consolidated charts based on John Hopkins information. Out of ~137,000 cases reported ~68,000 patients have already recovered. Many Drs I know say the panic is unwarranted. This is relatively mild with similar risk groups as the flu. They are estimating that the actual number of cases is understated but cannot state that with any level of assurances because it is not being reported or tested in mild cases. The Recovery number is understated also but this can be logically deduced that the understatement is just as dramatic if not more so. The number of recoveries are only being sporadically reported and most of the US is not reporting their recoveries.

Hopefully this 'contain and limit' large groups helps nip this. China is doing much better, less cases, and I truly believe this will be a couple month set-back, then green light. I saw a video of a 60 ish guy explaining what it's like to have it. Basically, feel nothing, then feel like cold, then high temp for 1 day, then feel sluggish a couple days, then ok. Kinda like a crappy short flu. The big problem is the seniors or health impaired do not do well. That is the #1 concern in my book. To all my fellow senior friends, be safe and smart.

Ohio cancelled all K - 12 schools for the next three weeks. At least some colleges have closed also.

Pa. Gov. had just announced the same thing, but will only close for 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully this 'contain and limit' large groups helps nip this. China is doing much better, less cases, and I truly believe this will be a couple month set-back, then green light. I saw a video of a 60 ish guy explaining what it's like to have it. Basically, feel nothing, then feel like cold, then high temp for 1 day, then feel sluggish a couple days, then ok. Kinda like a crappy short flu. The big problem is the seniors or health impaired do not do well. That is the #1 concern in my book. To all my fellow senior friends, be safe and smart.

Glad to hear China is doing much better than a few months ago. Now, we see a ripple effect of the virus in Europe. Humanity will get through this one way or another.

I am sure students and teachers alike are speculating that their Scheduled Spring break will be used to make up days lost as a result of the school closures nationwide.

Schools here closed for two weeks. Teachers had to rush in Thursday night and prep two weeks of home study materials. Teachers will have to go to work each day. The cafeterias will open and provide food to be picked up by parents or delivered by school officials for those who need it. There is no plan to make up these days since they are using home study and online tutoring.

Schools here closed for two weeks. Teachers had to rush in Thursday night and prep two weeks of home study materials. Teachers will have to go to work each day. The cafeterias will open and provide food to be picked up by parents or delivered by school officials for those who need it. There is no plan to make up these days since they are using home study and online tutoring.

I see the difference between States. You are in Kentucky and my wife teaches in Maryland. They don’t have to come for 2 weeks, while schools are closed.

West Virginia still doesn't have any confirmed cases, but all schools are closed until further notice. And toilet paper and hand sanitizers are a little scares now. While everyone is hoarding up toilet paper I've been hoarding up ammo.

You know I ain't been on here much but this crap has gotten way out of hand as far as the toilet paper! And we've had the lock the back door where I works to keep people stealing toilet paper and hand sanitizer!!

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk

To be honest, I am not sure if I can go for another 2 months like this. I simply want to walk in a grocery store and just buy what I need. Not being able to dine out or watch a movie or go somewhere is just not living. Someday and time will tell, we will be infected by the Corona virus and God forbid that I can survive the infection. I'll be hunkering in the house all day, but at least we all can get to ride as we wish. Ride Safe and keep washing your hands.

The good thing is that riding shouldn't be risky as far as contacting the virus except for gasing up. So, we can ride all we want! My wife is 17 yrs younger than I and she's trying to keep me at home while she does the shopping which pisses me off a little. But, there are plenty of things I need to be working on around the house. So, now is a good time to git-er-done! We usually keep lots of everything around the house. I don't like running out of anything, so we were well stocked before this crapola. That includes guns and ammo.

Yup, everything is closing here in WI as well. Tons of people taking computer equipment home to work from home. Myself and friends are riding the Ozarks in June, that's the plan. Can't really close the mountains...

When in June? We may be riding over there too.

This Saturday I’m going on a motorcycle awareness/ safety ride. This is the 5th and final ride put on by a local woman in honor of her younger sister that was killed 5 years ago last week when a car ran a stop sign taking out both her and her husband. The sponsor quit riding last year after her son was right behind his buddy that was hit by another car.

Yup, everything is closing here in WI as well. Tons of people taking computer equipment home to work from home. Myself and friends are riding the Ozarks in June, that's the plan. Can't really close the mountains...

I agree. The mountains are the best location for a ride these days. I am still wondering why West Virginia has no reported case of COVID-19. Enjoy your rides.

I went to my annual physical exam today. The outfit I go to is a large company with several offices and many doctors and PAs. All of their offices usually see walk-ins who are usually sick and also handle family care such as annual physicals. At the local office they were only seeing people who had appts and were not sick. Sick people/walk-ins were redirected to two of their other offices trying to prevent the spread of Chinese virus. I thought that was a good idea. The result... at almost 76, I'm still alive! I impressed my lady doctor so much she didn't do her usual medicare bs such as memory test. They usually ask questions like, "Where are you right now?" I always answer, "Golden Corral", since the building used to be a Golden Corral! They probably failed me on the test! :big-grin-emoticon:

I agree. The mountains are the best location for a ride these days. I am still wondering why West Virginia has no reported case of COVID-19. Enjoy your rides.

WV report their 1st case yesterday. Love WV for riding, did a lot there when I was a kid.