IGNORED

Freebird's Maintanance Day.

Freebird

OK folks. We have finally decided on the date. We considered skipping this year but the truth is, we really enjoy doing it and just couldn't get our minds around not having it.

So, the official date is June 6th. That is the Saturday. As usual, you are welcome to come early and stay through Sunday. I will start a thread in the Rides and Rallies section to add the hotel information and etc. Of course you are always welcome to camp at our house.

Please RSVP on the calendar ASAP. Here is the link.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=524&day=2020-6-6&redirect=1

Marked the date on my calendar!

It would be nice if Kris can get her Vento(Virago 250) on the road by then.

It would also be great if my boy can break free so Beauty and The Beast can run together for the weekend.

With my looks and your ???????? it might work, we'll take Ben along for distraction.

Yup Ben might do the trick, you speachify, I'll wear a white lab coat and Ben will clarify!

But just in case bring money to bail me out, please.

Someone told me: when you see the red dots, try withdrawing your request, hmm, is that true?

:bawling::bawling:We really enjoyed the last couple MDs but I don't think we can do June this year. The Dr to be will be home for a few weeks in June and the rocket scientist won't have moved off yet so I promised mama we could take them on another family vacation while we have them together. Since there's no beach around there and the pond monster will terrorize them it looks like we'll be heading south for white sand and hot sun. I'm really not enjoying the kids leaving home but after this summer we will officially be empty nesters.

With my looks and your ???????? it might work, we'll take Ben along for distraction.

Yup Ben might do the trick, you speachify, I'll wear a white lab coat and Ben will clarify!

Someone told me: when you see the red dots, try withdrawing your request, hmm, is that true?

I won't be much of a distraction cause I be too busy counting all the cars passing us at the border cause Carl picked the wrong lane........again.

Better to have Ben doing the speachifing, he can get anyone confused, and as for the red dots, you need to ride a Spyder so you can gets out the way quickly. I hear those red dots can burn holes in ya.

:bawling::bawling:We really enjoyed the last couple MDs but I don't think we can do June this year. The Dr to be will be home for a few weeks in June and the rocket scientist won't have moved off yet so I promised mama we could take them on another family vacation while we have them together. Since there's no beach around there and the pond monster will terrorize them it looks like we'll be heading south for white sand and hot sun. I'm really not enjoying the kids leaving home but after this summer we will officially be empty nesters.

Really was looking forward to seeing you again,,, but family come first, always first!!!, you just never know how long you have each other,,, so enjoy!!

I won't be much of a distraction cause I be too busy counting all the cars passing us at the border cause Carl picked the wrong lane........again.

I never pick the wrong lane,,, it's the folks in front of me who should have gone into the slow lane.

really thinking about going, the wife cant but has given me a kitchen pass.

I live in central tx and will going thru Hot springs and Portland TN, Plan on being at Freebird's Thursday and camping if he is good with it.

Wondering if anyone would be heading that way so we could meet up and ride together.

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone has stayed at the quality inn in elyria? Any better then the red roof. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Thanks joe and deb

BongoBob stayed there a couple of times, said it was better then RF. Last couple of times he stayed at RF because most everyone else stayed there.

I think it would be best if you posted your lodging wants and desires in another thread, one that Freebird already created.

Click on the link to go directly to that thread and you'll find that I have already been there with my thoughts.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?144727-Freebird-s-Maintance-Day-2020

Edited by Marcarl

I should be able to go this year...so unless Carl objects to me being tail gunner....I'll be last thru the border. I need to remember "Carl-speak" so I can understand what he is saying over the cb.

Moped and I are camping. I would appreciate it greatly that this time when I tell Moped to hammer the tent stakes in that someone repeats that to him. We have been married so long he is wife deaf.

Yama Mamahttps://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118455

Sooo there is such an affliction, and all this time while my wife has been accusing me of not paying attention it wasn't that at all. I was simply suffering from wife deafness. In other words it wasn't my fault at all. fellow workers have often wondered how I can work on a GM with the door open and the key on while the chimes go ding ding ding the whole time while the rest of the shop goes crazy and I simply tell them guess I been married so long I don't hear it any more. I wonder if this may be a side affect of wife deafness.

Sooo there is such an affliction, and all this time while my wife has been accusing me of not paying attention it wasn't that at all. I was simply suffering from wife deafness. In other words it wasn't my fault at all. fellow workers have often wondered how I can work on a GM with the door open and the key on while the chimes go ding ding ding the whole time while the rest of the shop goes crazy and I simply tell them guess I been married so long I don't hear it any more. I wonder if this may be a side affect of wife deafness.

Now the answer comes to me, I always wondered why it was that I figured you talked a lot,,,, but that's not it at all,,,, it's just that you are not of good hearing and seeing as you did not hear nobody speeching, you figure you could easily enough fill the void!!! WHAT A RELIEF!!!!

And as a compliment,, you are very good at it.

Now back to the original programming.

I should be able to go this year...so unless Carl objects to me being tail gunner....I'll be last thru the border. I need to remember "Carl-speak" so I can understand what he is saying over the cb.

Tough part will be to get you to listen and not give comments all the time to get me coonfussed.

You were doing u-turns long before I met you !

The real reason for doing u-turns is so that you can once again see the most amazing scenery, and if it didn't look too good the first time, it's best to turn around and see it from the back side. All this time I led to give all you guys such a wonderful experience, and somehow you got to miss it all.

Oh well,, if you don't succeed at first, you try, try again.