IGNORED

Tire Gauge or SVTC sensor

I know the tire gauge I bought from Advance auto years ago has not been calibrated. When I fill my tires to 41 psi using my gauge as recommended by Yamaha, the bikes infotainment sys indicates 44 psi on both tires. Is my gauge off and is giving me false reading or could it be my SVTC sensors. Perhaps I trust the bikes sensor in this case. Your thoughts....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tire pressure gauges usually aren't 100 percent accurate but they are close. Your sensors in the tire aren't exactly accurate either but they are close. I would say that you have plenty of air in your tires. If I am within 10 percent of max tire pressure I am happy.

I put TPMS on my Victory. I have a tried and true Accupressure I think it is digital gauge. I know what it has read in past and what pressure I have needed to get good wear. So I use it to set pressures and see what the TPMS shows. It is about 1 or 2 lbs higher reading on TPMS. I dont run the bike manufactures tire pressures. After using those on a Kawaski Vulcan and not getting good wear I contacted Dunlap, come to find out it was lower than what they "recommended" for good wear and traction. Manufactures are more interested in ride than wear. Just something to think about. Maybe try emailing them and see what they recomend. Probably about 3-4lb under max is my guess.

--

Every guage I have is different. I went to 6 tire shops and every one of theirs was different from mine and each others'. So I use a guage that reads 3# over what I want presuming the TPMS I have is accurate. I asked the manufacturer of the TPMS and he said that of all the ones ever sent back under warranty, none were off. Their method of testing is supurb. (What he said, anyway.)

--

Hello. Earlier this afternoon , I contacted a friend who is also the Yamaha Field Service Advisor East region and he stated that I should blame it to my gauge. I will have to take a closer look at the sidewall of the tire and determine what is its max pressure rating.

Also today, I requested my fellow worker (very good ham radio operator and we have known each other for years) who works in our calibration department to check the accuracy of my tire gauge. He is very happy to take a look at the gauge as soon as possible. I’ll let you guys know what transpired. [emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by N3FOL