IGNORED

front fork oil?

dueyk1111

ok so i drained my front fork oil, didnt get anywhere close to 553 cc's of oil out of it, even if i put both sides together. is that normal. got 60 some thousand miles on bike. no leaks that i ever saw or found. oil was dirty. gonna put 553cc's back in it when i fill it back up!:think:

That is a puzzler. Maybe someone was in there before? I can see some being trapped in the fork. But not that much. When I did mine I had it up on jacks and let it drain like 2 days into old butter tub and measured. I also went up like one click on the weight. I think 10w OEM spec might be 5w. But would have to go research.

itz been up on jacks for 2 days now and i've already blown air threw with air compressor n no more oil left.gonna measure when i go to put oil back in but there ain't gonna be no 2 quarts. yes it tiz a mystery where the rest of the oil went. thats kinda why i posted' ta see if anyone else had this problem. thanks for your input!:confused24::think:

itz been up on jacks for 2 days now and i've already blown air threw with air compressor n no more oil left.gonna measure when i go to put oil back in but there ain't gonna be no 2 quarts. yes it tiz a mystery where the rest of the oil went. thats kinda why i posted' ta see if anyone else had this problem. thanks for your input!:confused24::think:[/quote

If your shocks only hold 553 cc, one quart should do.

The shocks will not hold one quart. There is 946+ cc in a quart. When we did my forks on the gen 2. We used 15 weight.