IGNORED

Radio problem

Has anyone else experienced this. I have an 07 RSV with 3800 miles on it. This problem just started over the weekend. As I was going down the road I tryed to turn on the radio and it wouldn't come on. Tryed the cb, same thing. It was like it wasn't getting power just a blank. So I pulled over, turned the ignition off and turned it back on and the radio worked. Since then it has done the same thing a few more times with the same results, Turn ignition off and back on and the radio works. Tryed wiggling the cable going to the radio and that didn't fix it. The only thing that works is to turn the bike off and then back on, press the on button and it works. Has anyone else had this problem? I'd like to give the dealership some type of direction to look, seeing that they don't work on too many of the Ventures. Any help is appreciated.

Shooter, I, too, have an '07 and have experienced the same problem. I had the dealer look at it...of course, they could not duplicate the problem. Recently I started out, got about a block away and the overheat and oil indicators came on. I turned around and drove to work...that night, nor since, has that occurred again. I think this particular model may have some electrical problems...time will tell. In the meantime, I never turn off the radio and it always has come right on when I start the bike.:confused24:

Jim T

Has anyone else experienced this. I have an 07 RSV with 3800 miles on it. This problem just started over the weekend. As I was going down the road I tryed to turn on the radio and it wouldn't come on. Tryed the cb, same thing. It was like it wasn't getting power just a blank. So I pulled over, turned the ignition off and turned it back on and the radio worked. Since then it has done the same thing a few more times with the same results, Turn ignition off and back on and the radio works. Tryed wiggling the cable going to the radio and that didn't fix it. The only thing that works is to turn the bike off and then back on, press the on button and it works. Has anyone else had this problem? I'd like to give the dealership some type of direction to look, seeing that they don't work on too many of the Ventures. Any help is appreciated.

I’ve had a similar problem to this where the radio controls would work intermittingly and the display would fade in and out. It seemed like a bad connection so I spit the fairing located the connecter for the radio controls. Then I separated the connector, sprayed each side with contact cleaner then blew the ends dry with compressed air. To take the radio connectors apart you have to slide the rubber covering back and look for a little tab. Press the tab and it will allow you to pull apart the connector. Before I put it back together I pressed some Dielectric Grease in the female end... I haven’t had a problem since. While I was at it I did all the other connectors as well. :080402gudl_prv:

Mine would fade in and out, the display would change and i would have no control of the radio at all. The knuckle head at the dealer couldnt get it to do it, so i had to keep mental notes and keep after him. I kept telling him it was the remote and not the radio. well low and behold one day while taking it in for service it di it and i just parked the bike and left it running so they could see i wasnt dreaming. Seems they had to get the whole radio kit in to just replace the head. And Yamaha was a little upset with them because they are to send it to Clairion and get rebuilt. I didnt care, my tunes work again.

• 7 years later...
  • 3 months later...