IGNORED

Windows 7 going bye bye

uncledj

20 hours ago, BlueSky said:

The only negative thing I've noticed since I downloaded W10 on my old laptop is that it will freeze up about once a week.  I have to turn it off with the off switch, wait a minute, and turn it back on.  It did not freeze up before.  

Where did you download Windows 10 from?Microsoft?Or other?

Microsoft do not provide an insecure download source,most users who failed to install Windows 10 using the method provided by Microsoft have complained that the method provided by Microsoft is too complicated.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10
Or try what I did, Windows 10 works well on my machine,

https://www.uubyte.com/install-windows-10-using-rufus.html

Just with Rufs,and  oher methods are also available for you to choose.

Edited by Sampor

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 10 in all honesty has been a very big flop /disaster ..and needs a lot of work ..Windows 7 will be here for long time ..

Only download Windows 10 from Microsoft .com..you will need valid product key

If they would close the  program access hole  and  the background intelligence with diagonal tracking ...Windows 10 would have a good chance at survival .

Try Windows 10 with the Firefox internet browser ...you will notice a big improvement

To prove that Windows 10 has a problem... access the Command prompt and  type in..... ping 127.0.0.1... and hit the enter key ,,,,

If you get a reply ...that tells you that there is a program hole that anyone can  access your computer from the internet world ..

The IP address 127.0.0.1 is a special-purpose IPv4 address called localhost (loopback) address. All computers using TCPIP use this address as their own but it doesn't let them communicate with other devices like a normal IP address does. You can block it but it will cause issues, even in a Linux environment. ISP routers / corporate firewalls / local firewalls will reject any packet coming in that has 127.0.0.1 involved in anyway unless otherwise told to do so. This address will not allow anyone access to your computer. 

We’ve tried to stay with W7 as long as possible resisting going to W10. The main reason for this is the intrusiveness of W10 and that everything you do is “tracked”.   Yes, I know that almost all systems do tracking and data mining to a certain degree, but a computer expert friend of mine informed me that W10 is particularly aggressive in this.

I imagine having firewalls and dummy IP’s help, when you go on Google you’re back into aggressive data mining of every keystroke.

Do yourself a favor and ditch Google. Go with Duck Duck Go or something similar that doesn’t track everything you do.

Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 2:22 AM, ChiefGunner said:

We’ve tried to stay with W7 as long as possible resisting going to W10. The main reason for this is the intrusiveness of W10 and that everything you do is “tracked”.   Yes, I know that almost all systems do tracking and data mining to a certain degree, but a computer expert friend of mine informed me that W10 is particularly aggressive in this.

I imagine having firewalls and dummy IP’s help, when you go on Google you’re back into aggressive data mining of every keystroke.

Do yourself a favor and ditch Google. Go with Duck Duck Go or something similar that doesn’t track everything you do.

Just my 2 cents.

Our actions are monitored only by the operating system and Google, but also by Facebook, the mobile network, and our banks. So it seems to me that the operating system is a drop in the ocean.