IGNORED

news

Patch

Putting the picture a side for the moment, which in this members thoughts are, the picture was merely the catalyst for the comments that followed:

Are you say or suggesting that the discussion is inappropriate? Or inappropriate because it has been discussed in the past? Inappropriate in case of fire?

;)

Not at all,, just putting in my :2cents: in an effort to curtail anyone advancing the discussion into taking it personal, having hurt feelings cause something got removed.. Not saying that even that would/could/may happen but knowing that, from time to time it does :beer:..

I sure apologize for stirring such a fuss. Geeze, they were clothed, not naked, clothed. Suggestive, yup, that was the point, a pick me up to Patch not feeling well. My 2 cents concerning the subjects, any and every day, hands down, I'd rather any young men / children see the picture I posted, rather than some of the guns that are posted over the years, and let those children wonder what does that feel like, would that be cool to handle or shoot. Sometimes we all have double standards when we pull the children card, or what is important to us. I am a christian man, am proud that most of us do not feel it wrong to express that, but also I must say, I am sure that there are some on this site that would rather not hear or see it. Standards again. I'm on another RV forum, no guns, religion, politics, nothing is allowed. Pretty dull Watering Hole. Again, my apologies, Back to the OP post, Get better Patch :happy34:

Not at all,, just putting in my :2cents: in an effort to curtail anyone advancing the discussion into taking it personal, having hurt feelings cause something got removed.. Not saying that even that would/could/may happen but knowing that, from time to time it does :beer:..

Check box: Inappropriate in case of fire?

I sure apologize for stirring such a fuss. Geeze, they were clothed, not naked, clothed. Suggestive, yup, that was the point, a pick me up to Patch not feeling well. My 2 cents concerning the subjects, any and every day, hands down, I'd rather any young men / children see the picture I posted, rather than some of the guns that are posted over the years, and let those children wonder what does that feel like, would that be cool to handle or shoot. Sometimes we all have double standards when we pull the children card, or what is important to us. I am a christian man, am proud that most of us do not feel it wrong to express that, but also I must say, I am sure that there are some on this site that would rather not hear or see it. Standards again. I'm on another RV forum, no guns, religion, politics, nothing is allowed. Pretty dull Watering Hole. Again, my apologies, Back to the OP post, Get better Patch :happy34:

Spence I admire your comment! I don't acknowledge the need to apologize tho. If we can't make mistakes that are so easily corrected then what would be the point in trying?

Your post helped me pull my thoughts together so thanks for the jester;)

You guys realize that I am reading all this eh? I just love it when good things get together.

And HEY!!

I'm not easily offended and as was said, I've seen more of what should be covered as well, so no skin off of my personal bones, and I'm also not trying to covert anybody.

We also had some good dialogue and explanation of opinions,, nice to see all that happening without any stick poking.

Annnnnd justsoyouknow,,, it took me a while to send out the PM for I did see the message that was intended, so had to let the thoughts dwell for a bit.

THANKS YOU GUYS!!!

You guys realize that I am reading all this eh? I just love it when good things get together.

And HEY!!

I'm not easily offended and as was said, I've seen more of what should be covered as well, so no skin off of my personal bones, and I'm also not trying to covert anybody.

We also had some good dialogue and explanation of opinions,, nice to see all that happening without any stick poking.

Annnnnd justsoyouknow,,, it took me a while to send out the PM for I did see the message that was intended, so had to let the thoughts dwell for a bit.

THANKS YOU GUYS!!!

I agree with your comment above, annnd I too enjoyed the table discussion!

For myself Carl I see thru Spence's post an opinion that has been forwarded which I hadn't considered cause, I skip past such threads! However and for whatever the reason this thread deviated from OP to where we are at present,,, I wouldn't change a thing about it!

Once again we have shown agreement thru disagreement thus expanding our communities understanding of what makes this place different, and better than other forums for personal growth..

Silence can be deafening ;)

Patch

Not So Fast Boys

Ok Bum I see you’d like to have a discussion and just sayin up front that I’m thinking clean and gentle minded thoughts, as I write in response!

Not that I am saying there was anything wrong with the post itself, since as stated similar pics can be seen almost everywhere. But in this case there a slight difference in advertising clothing and forming an implied thought.

A good place to start: Where do we draw that line? “forming an implied thought” I ask who dictates the process, the former or the implied thought seer? What is normal today was not during the time of our parents and their parents, we often refer to this as modern time, evolution over time, grown accustom too, politically or not politically correct are terms often applied when discussing acceptance, change and behaviour: and so too the same said by our parents… None of us can score 100% 100% of the time. People seem to be getting to wand up over jesters.

I’m sure we are all familiar with this one:

“ sfumato. It means blurry, ambiguous and up to the imagination” that meaning/saying applies to The Mona Lisa. How many doubt that it is actually a smile some see a frown. Can we then imply that the confusion in Leonardo’s expression on canvas is at fault for these perceptions?

What about the voice that asks “if it is a smile then how did Leo manage to keep her smiling?”

OH;) inspiring question hmm? Surely no one thinks it was accomplished in one sitting? Then to those that believe it is not a smile: what was Mona unpleased over, did Leo disappoint?

My point: we cannot account for an individual’s perception because we are not them: common interests sure, some common traits yes.

I don’t believe that anyone can set rules that limit perception before we first consider their individual effort to participate then their gestures. Each time we put ourselves out in a post we run the risk of being insulted, offended, ignored or thanked and why because we shared. We are for the majority of time a respectful bunch as was I thought Marcarls suggestion.

The concern over PG in this case is just that, if per chance it were to as mentioned happen, PG applies Parental Guidance should be an opportunity not a dismissal, my opinion.

Not that I am a prude or anything but some individuals may see it that way and be offended. Sure I agree, keep the shades pulled down tight, shutout all dissimilar intrusions.

This site has always had a set policy of avoiding to post anything that may offend one or more individuals- Absolutely Imposable.

and tries to be respectful to all. All at once? You can’t generalize respect without towards some demonstrating the lack of; that is the line we walk and the wake we leave! What we could measure more of is the intent of the contribution in cases where we have disagreement and press it out, like in this topic and discussion.

At work the guy's used to pin up the daily sunshine girl on the lunch room wall none naked but in scantily clad attire and we had to take them down because it made one of our co-workers uncomfortable. We never understood why it made him feel that way but it did A fella coming home after a bad day then trips over a banana peel, gets back up on his feet then begins to take the Lords name in vain: how are his words and jesters perceived by those that hear and see him? How many neighbors run and hide for fear of the lightning bolt about to strike him? How many run to him? Is he cussing the Lord or trying to get his attention? Well I think the only ones that will know are those open minded enough to run to him. And I see that as an individual’s perception over what the other neighbors fear or judge, just my opinion of course.

and because this site is for everyone its understandable some lines were drawn so that a motorcycle site is comfortable for everyone. Lines do not require silence to be effective.

Lets face it whats not posted isn't really missed, “ And echoed in the wells of silence”

and if it means everyone can feel at home here I see it as a good thing.

Yup! Patch

Just siting here with a wandering brain,,,, hope you and @saddlebum never get to have a meeting with me as the moderator,,, I would never get a word in edgewise!! I have no issue with what you said mind you, but doing all that typing and then translating it into speech and then figuring how much speeching that would be in the same time frame,,, I could get a nap in,,, I'm sure!!! On second thought???/ maybe it WOULD work.

Just siting here with a wandering brain,,,, hope you and saddlebum never get to have a meeting with me as the moderator,,, I would never get a word in edgewise!! I have no issue with what you said mind you, but doing all that typing and then translating it into speech and then figuring how much speeching that would be in the same time frame,,, I could get a nap in,,, I'm sure!!! On second thought???/ maybe it WOULD work.

Look guys I am just a defenseless poor mature French Canadian minority. Doin my best to keep up and not get horsed over! You two keep pickin on me and I might just have to lesson my meds, get serious and bring my very best..

Notice the only thing Marcarl got out of this whole discussion is that if it ever got verbal it would threaten to cut into his

speechifying time.:soapbox:

Its been said before but I,ll say it again.......Its gonna be a longgggg winter

I'm thinkin we need to spend some quality time together? We should do it up here in the Rockies; you could ride up between November snow flakes? Den when its time for yous to head home it'll be a quick trip cause its all downhill well mostly sept Manitoba where; you could catch your breath, a chill to the bone and, change underwear ;)

Look guys I am just a defenseless poor mature French Canadian minority. Doin my best to keep up and not get horsed over! You two keep pickin on me and I might just have to lesson my meds, get serious and bring my very best..

I'm thinkin we need to spend some quality time together? We should do it up here in the Rockies; you could ride up between November snow flakes? Den when its time for yous to head home it'll be a quick trip cause its all downhill well mostly sept Manitoba where; you could catch your breath, a chill to the bone and, change underwear ;)

We could do that, but @saddlebum is somewhat directionally challenged, and getting lost is not one of the things he likes to do,,, especially when he's following a Spyder through unknown gravel territory.

We could do that, but saddlebum is somewhat directionally challenged, and getting lost is not one of the things he likes to do,,, especially when he's following a Spyder through unknown gravel territory.

Ah that why he rides a horse:) when its time the horse gets Bum home eh

• 1 month later...
Thanks Cha, I'm good!

How is Dad doin?

I'm glad to hear you're doing good!

Unfortunately Dad passed away on November 24th with his wife and all his children at his side. He got to go on his own terms though, which means alot to me.

I appreciate you asking though!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to here the news Cha!

Spoke to an uncle last week back home; he is now 91 and living his last moments. When he mentioned he was dying my comment was we all are, it was the living that counts. I thanked him for being there for me as a young man before and after my life changes. I also got to thank him for being my friend!

So to my way of thinking I finally showed some of those early teachings he gifted me!

Carry on Cha, you have a life to live;)