IGNORED

news

Patch

Hey guys thought I’d share my reasons for not posting these past months.

Some years back I developed a medical thingy, being stubborn over the years ignoring or hiding the changes hasn’t of course helped deal with the eventualities.

Over recent months it has made my life challenging at times; so, I have been concentrating on understanding it, adapting, and of course insisting the doc’s speak logically to me preferably in volumes and percentages ;)

I do not like taking medication and, I am not enjoying all their meddling in my daily routines but, I get change is needed so, I am trying to behave take the meds, stop smoking and wear my running shoes in place of cowboy boots while chasing the ones Carl overlooked.

I know you here all are Lady’s & Gents so I’ll be around when I have a better handle on things till then play nice, try not to upset Dad too often ;)

Patch

Sorry to hear your having a nasty go of it. BTW just for the record Marcarl never overlooks anyone......

They just saw him first and managed to get away.:rotf:

Actually, I was just thinking about you the other day, and then the clutch slipped a bit, the brakes chattered some, and the headlight went dim, the battery lost it's charge and the signal told me to go to bed. When I woke up I was onto other things, until now.

So the best to ya buddy, hope things work out in your favour or flavour, which ever works for ya.

I was also wondering why you hadn't socialized with us lately. Sorry to hear about having to deal with health issues and hope you get better and keep up with our social/tech site. We need all the help we can get! Most of us old coots have something health related to deal with.

Sorry to hear your having a nasty go of it. BTW just for the record Marcarl never overlooks anyone......

They just saw him first and managed to get away.:rotf:

Forking EH dude what a rep this fellow has bestowed on the Dutch

Actually, I was just thinking about you the other day, and then the clutch slipped a bit, the brakes chattered some, and the headlight went dim, the battery lost it's charge and the signal told me to go to bed. When I woke up I was onto other things, until now.

Carl sounds to me like you need a new rod brother, hmm I think you done plumb wore yours out! But there hope, you could head east on 401 say 350 klm ask for a French Canadian blood transfusion, that'll perk it up ;)

I was also wondering why you hadn't socialized with us lately. Sorry to hear about having to deal with health issues and hope you get better and keep up with our social/tech site. We need all the help we can get! Most of us old coots have something health related to deal with.

OLD COOTS whats cha talking bout WILLIS?

New to the site, but sending good thoughts and vibes from ATL.

Welcome to the Hotel

Listen to the Doc and get back up to speed soon Patch. I like your “ramblings!”

You have me mixed up with PUC and I telling

Just dialed in and I feel your medical issues without even knowing them. I can't give advice since I usually don't do what they tell me, but I am starting to listen to the docs. :backinmyday:

:farmer:

Well it's all about

Thanks for the update brother, it's always good to hear from you ya know!! Thoughts and Prayers Up Patch as you sort thru the health related stuff you are dealing with!!

Puc

PUC Bluesky called you an old COOT and divey says you ramble! I'd force the group to listen to this bark

I was wondering about you the other day as well. Thanks for posting, and good luck with your medical thingy.

Thanks Buddy, any pretty nurses your way you could send my way?

Kidding aside I am doing fine and it is not life threatening; just need some time to steady up ;)

WOW!

You the man.... You'd think Carl could shake one loose for me, he just down the road a piece, he can't possibly manage them all, can he?

Looks to me that they don't need no shaken,,, they be very much on the loose side a'ready.

As I'm thinkin though, should we post such on this site? Family friendly. It was cute but maybe we can take it down? What'd ya thinkin' @SpencerPJ.

Looks to me that they don't need no shaken,,, they be very much on the loose side a'ready.

As I'm thinkin though, should we post such on this site? Family friendly. It was cute but maybe we can take it down? What'd ya thinkin' SpencerPJ.

Hmm I'm a little surprise by this!

Personally Marcarl I do not see this site as one for minors or underage kids.

I remember for example the old sears catalog; now outside of the pose my family looked through it for fashion stuff they could order...

And.... On this I disagree with you Carl but thank you because you asked opinion verses just pulling it.

I missed the picture so can't comment on that. I will say though that this has always been billed as as PG rated family oriented site. A site where a man or woman could sit down and read messages and enjoy the friendly banter and not worry about what one of their kids might see when looking over their shoulder. That is one thing that separates us from many motorcycle sites.

I missed the picture so can't comment on that. I will say though that this has always been billed as as PG rated family oriented site. A site where a man or woman could sit down and read messages and enjoy the friendly banter and not worry about what one of their kids might see when looking over their shoulder. That is one thing that separates us from many motorcycle sites.

I agree, just some sexy nurses in Halloween'ish type outfits, all key parts covered. Sorry for offending anyone.

I agree, just some sexy nurses in Halloween'ish type outfits, all key parts covered. Sorry for offending anyone.

Thanks for being understanding, and as for my opinion,,, yah, that has to do with not just myself but everybody else on this site as well. Not that anybody mentioned anything to me, it was just my thinking on the opinion of others maybe.

You know, it's this kind of action/re-action that makes all you people my friends. I'm glad to be here!!!

Not that I am saying there was anything wrong with the post itself, since as stated similar pics can be seen almost everywhere. But in this case there a slight difference in advertising clothing and forming an implied thought. Not that I am a prude or anything but some individuals may see it that way and be offended. This site has always had a set policy of trying to avoid posting anything that may offend even one individual and tries to be respectful to all. At work the guy's used to pin up the daily sunshine girl on the lunch room wall none naked but in scantily clad attire and we had to take them down because it made one of our co-workers uncomfortable. We never understood why it made him feel that way but it did and because of that we took them down. This site is for everyone so its understandable some lines were drawn, so that a motorcycle site is comfortable for everyone. Lets face it whats not posted isn't really missed, and if it means everyone can feel at home here I see it as a good thing.

Not So Fast Boys

Ok Bum I see you’d like to have a discussion and just sayin up front that I’m thinking clean and gentle minded thoughts, as I write in response!

Not that I am saying there was anything wrong with the post itself, since as stated similar pics can be seen almost everywhere. But in this case there a slight difference in advertising clothing and forming an implied thought.

A good place to start: Where do we draw that line? “forming an implied thought” I ask who dictates the process, the former or the implied thought seer? What is normal today was not during the time of our parents and their parents, we often refer to this as modern time, evolution over time, grown accustom too, politically or not politically correct are terms often applied when discussing acceptance, change and behaviour: and so too the same said by our parents… None of us can score 100% 100% of the time. People seem to be getting to wand up over jesters.

I’m sure we are all familiar with this one:

“ sfumato. It means blurry, ambiguous and up to the imagination” that meaning/saying applies to The Mona Lisa. How many doubt that it is actually a smile some see a frown. Can we then imply that the confusion in Leonardo’s expression on canvas is at fault for these perceptions?

What about the voice that asks “if it is a smile then how did Leo manage to keep her smiling?”

OH;) inspiring question hmm? Surely no one thinks it was accomplished in one sitting? Then to those that believe it is not a smile: what was Mona unpleased over, did Leo disappoint?

My point: we cannot account for an individual’s perception because we are not them: common interests sure, some common traits yes.

I don’t believe that anyone can set rules that limit perception before we first consider their individual effort to participate then their gestures. Each time we put ourselves out in a post we run the risk of being insulted, offended, ignored or thanked and why because we shared. We are for the majority of time a respectful bunch as was I thought Marcarls suggestion.

The concern over PG in this case is just that, if per chance it were to as mentioned happen, PG applies Parental Guidance should be an opportunity not a dismissal, my opinion.

Not that I am a prude or anything but some individuals may see it that way and be offended. Sure I agree, keep the shades pulled down tight, shutout all dissimilar intrusions.

This site has always had a set policy of avoiding to post anything that may offend one or more individuals- Absolutely Imposable.

and tries to be respectful to all. All at once? You can’t generalize respect without towards some demonstrating the lack of; that is the line we walk and the wake we leave! What we could measure more of is the intent of the contribution in cases where we have disagreement and press it out, like in this topic and discussion.

At work the guy's used to pin up the daily sunshine girl on the lunch room wall none naked but in scantily clad attire and we had to take them down because it made one of our co-workers uncomfortable. We never understood why it made him feel that way but it did A fella coming home after a bad day then trips over a banana peel, gets back up on his feet then begins to take the Lords name in vain: how are his words and jesters perceived by those that hear and see him? How many neighbors run and hide for fear of the lightning bolt about to strike him? How many run to him? Is he cussing the Lord or trying to get his attention? Well I think the only ones that will know are those open minded enough to run to him. And I see that as an individual’s perception over what the other neighbors fear or judge, just my opinion of course.

and because this site is for everyone its understandable some lines were drawn so that a motorcycle site is comfortable for everyone. Lines do not require silence to be effective.

Lets face it whats not posted isn't really missed, “ And echoed in the wells of silence”

and if it means everyone can feel at home here I see it as a good thing.

Yup! Patch

Edited by Patch

IMHO, from the get go - our club has been a "family oriented" site,, one that even children could visit without having parental over site needed to guard against seeing things that may not be appropriate for young eyes.. I have never been a site Moderator but can only imagine that being one is not that dissimalar from being the "trail boss" on a ride that consists of +50 riders all of varying degrees of skill levels and trying to make the call on routing, ride speeds and difficulty of terrain = ya gotta gear the ride to the least skilled levels to protect the group and make it fun for all. Personally,, as a "trail boss" I think MarCarl (and others) has always done an excellent job at the task and I totally trust his call on this type of stuff..

I also know from experience how easy it is for things to turn "personal". In the spirit of Club brotherhood and just to cut off a possible opportunity for that to happen somehow in this case, it may do us all good to be reminded that what is being discussed has been dealt with many times over in the past..

IMHO, from the get go - our club has been a "family oriented" site,, one that even children could visit without having parental over site needed to guard against seeing things that may not be appropriate for young eyes.. I have never been a site Moderator but can only imagine that being one is not that dissimalar from being the "trail boss" on a ride that consists of +50 riders all of varying degrees of skill levels and trying to make the call on routing, ride speeds and difficulty of terrain = ya gotta gear the ride to the least skilled levels to protect the group and make it fun for all. Personally,, as a "trail boss" I think MarCarl (and others) has always done an excellent job at the task and I totally trust his call on this type of stuff..

I also know from experience how easy it is for things to turn "personal". In the spirit of Club brotherhood and just to cut off a possible opportunity for that to happen somehow in this case, it may do us all good to be reminded that what is being discussed has been dealt with many times over in the past..

Putting the picture a side for the moment, which in this members thoughts are, the picture was merely the catalyst for the comments that followed:

Are you say or suggesting that the discussion is inappropriate? Or inappropriate because it has been discussed in the past? Inappropriate in case of fire?

;)