IGNORED

Contest - new venturerider cap

Freebird

Still riding - average 15,000 mi a year on the Venture. My pickup is averaging 35,000 annual so I spend a fair amount of time on the road. Business travel is additional - California last week and Northern Ohio the week before. With all of that I still check in almost every day.

Ok, I'm one of those folks who can say I have not check the site in several months. My tail is between my legs! I have however been riding my RSTD more than usual this year. The west coast was pretty much smoke free and our area in particular, had a great summer; no fires close to the homestead. The last few years kept the bike mostly parked for the summer due to fires and dense smoke.

I swapped out my clutch and went to an EFM Auto Clutch which has been the ticket for my thumb joints. Love it! Anyone who has trouble with their hands send me a PM and I'll tell you about it. The clutch made me want to ride again! Can't get enough of the fall colors! AND Still busy with leather work..............

It's been a long time since we had any type of contest here. So....we are having one now. Final day for entry will be Sunday October 13 at 9:00 AM.

The contest is open to all SUPPORTING MEMBERS who simply reply to this thread. I'm going to send an email to all members in just a few minutes to let everybody know. You must be a supporting member before the end of contest in order to be eligible.

There are a lot of members that we haven't heard from in a while so what I want to see in the responses is simply how you are doing, what you are riding or if you are still riding, just something to let us know that you are still around. We want to hear from you.

So, whether you post everyday or haven't posted in a while, please respond to this message. The winner will be drawn randomly from all the people who reply to this message. Winner will receive a brand new VentureRider cap.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=117759

Well, it's been a while. Sold the bike, house, tractor, and just about everything else in 2014 and bought a 45-foot 4-slide motorhome. Traveled around for two years before my wife had enough so we bought a house and sold the bus. Looking to buy a bike again.

Check in every day. I’m more of a silent type. Dream of taking my 02 RSV somewhere every day. I’ve owned an 83 venture back in mid 90s, then traded it for an 85. Was bikeless for many years. Have had my 02 for maybe 2 years now. Still tweaking it to feel right.

Wow, great to hear that some of the old timers still around. Yep, I'm on that list my self...Still kicking and causing trouble as always...Feeling my age the last year more than ever. Only got in around 3,000 miles in last summer on the Spyder. Back ,shoulder, and knees are keeping me from raising to much hell.. It's a full time job just keeping TATERS in line. Glad to hear from everyone here. Don't plan on ever leaving here so you guys just have to deal with me for a while longer...

I still ride my 2nd gen ( 2009 ) Venture almost daily, from April thru October. 62,000 miles

The 2014 Stratoliner Deluxe is for "special rides". 13,000 miles

I am looking to trade both in on a "NEW" 2020 Venture T/C sometime in the next 6 months :)

I am currently trying to learn as much as I can, right up to purchase time.

Tina and I are doing well, still riding the 99 venture and loving it. I'm usually on the forum a few times a week and must say this is a great forum and great bunch of members. Looking forward to the venturerider events that we can attend next year. Everyone stay say and enjoy the wind therapy.

Ron

Still kicking around and riding though it's getting cooler up here. Rio my Airedale :178:and I have been on our own for five weeks now and could be looking at seven, since my wife is in St Louis looking after her Dad for a while to give her sister a bit of a break. Been cooking for myself and there are times when I thought about swapping my food for Rio's but I think he would catch on...:confused24:.Sometimes my cooking taint so bad though...:fnd_(16)::icon_lurker::beer::happy34:

Also packing up my camping gear and getting ready for a four day canoeing and portaging trip into the Algonquin park interior, at the end of the month. This will be Rio's 1st Canoe/portage trip, be interesting to see how he takes to it. For myself I may try the hammock thing instead of using a tent. Been testing it out in the back yard.

So that's me for the time being.

Ah BTW could use a hat for the trip help against mosquitoes. :whistling:The buggers are wearing little toques and scarves so they can stick around longer :mad:

Still here, riding the same 05 RSV from new, 70,500 miles. Thanks to all the suggestions and ideas I got from members of this great group of people. Just turned 60, I think I have a few more miles in the tank. I'll be hanging around for awhile.:cool10:

Spent most of the summer working on my '84 VR and I learned WAY more than I had planned. Thanks to all of the VentureRiders who have posted the many tech articles that I relied on! I've only ridden the bike a few times since getting it going but fall is usually great riding here in northern Michigan so it's not going to be put away for the winter just yet. Keep on Venturing!

Sold the bikes last year. Found that in decent weather we preferred to be on the boat with adult beverages to riding. And my knees were starting to make the 1st gen a bit uncomfortable.

We retired in April. Never been so busy in my life. In addition to trying to catch up all the stuff I neglected when I had the shop I've also been volunteering on an educational farm.

Current hobby is vintage and antique farm tractors (see farm above). I recently got my 3rd.

I still check the forum here almost daily. I chip in where I can but find my knowledge is rapidly becoming obsolete.

Hello Everyone: Greetings from W. Nebraska. Still here. Still riding our 2005 RSTD with Harley Trunk when we can. Don’t post here too often. Watch the FB page. Enjoyed Don’s MD in June. Sure like our VR friends.

It's been a long time since we had any type of contest here. So....we are having one now. Final day for entry will be Sunday October 13 at 9:00 AM.

The contest is open to all SUPPORTING MEMBERS who simply reply to this thread. I'm going to send an email to all members in just a few minutes to let everybody know. You must be a supporting member before the end of contest in order to be eligible.

There are a lot of members that we haven't heard from in a while so what I want to see in the responses is simply how you are doing, what you are riding or if you are still riding, just something to let us know that you are still around. We want to hear from you.

So, whether you post everyday or haven't posted in a while, please respond to this message. The winner will be drawn randomly from all the people who reply to this message. Winner will receive a brand new VentureRider cap.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=117759

I check on the site a couple of times most days. Don’t post much anymore just haven’t got much to say as far as motorcycles go. I sold mine in the spring and I’m now bike-less for the 1st time since I was 14 years old! The big “C” caught me by surprise this spring, so all my time has been spent with hormone therapy, radiation treatments and right now I’m going through Chemo to beat this thing.

I did buy myself a Mustang Convertible so I could still get some wind therapy and I do enjoy it but it’s just not the same thing. :auto:

If it all works out for me I’m really considering a trike next spring. :biker:

(I’ve lost my hair from the Chemo and could really use a nice cap for a cover!) :rasberry: