IGNORED

Contest - new venturerider cap

Freebird

Alive and well. Still riding an 08 Venture Midnight. Just finished a restoration on a 1958 Ariel Square Four (* has been more than difficult finding the missing parts!!)

Cheers to all!!!

Regards, Charlie

Heck of 1st post Charlie!!! Would LOVE to see pics of your project Ariel!! Those scoot were soooo cool!! Have done a fair amount of bike restoration here in the States - can't even imagine trying to source parts for an Ariel - YOU DA MAN!! You got stock exhaust on yours? Is it the standard "diamond" shaped? Betcha those are made of UNATTAINABLE nowadays..

Puc

Hail to our fearless leader and all of the other bike nuts out there! :biker:

Well, I'm still among the living. I've spent so much time up in Illinois in the last two years taking care of family, I was only home about 4 months out of that time. I got bike fever so bad while I was there that I added to my collection by buying a 2006 Suzuki Burgman 400. Partly to have something to ride and partly to have something small enough to carry on the motorcycle hitch rack I'm planning on mounting on the back of an RV so I don't have to pull a trailer to have a bike along. The 400 has enough get up n go to do highway [ I actually have to watch myself on it! ] so not more than the usual "look out for the cagers" worrying when I'm on it.

I still have B2Dad's '08 trike but it's been sitting at home while I was gone. Before anybody gets up in arms about it, the bike starts just fine and I rode it whenever I got to go home for a bit. I keep Seafoam in all of my gas tanks to prevent the problems that grounded my RSTC. The hubby passed away the end of June so I'm on my own these days, but I plan to go ahead with some of the stuff that we had planned to do so some of you may get to see me running around the country every so often. I've also added a 4 legged friend to the collection. Her name is Andromeda, aka "Andi", a just turned one year old German Shepherd who is living proof of two of the GSD's nicknames, German Shedders [black hair everywhere] and German Shredders [bits and pieces of everything she can get her teeth into!]. :sign67:

Hi all I'm still riding my 2018 star venture since I live in Florida our best riding weather is coming and I'm looking forward to Biketoberfest next weekend ...our summer has been rocky as we found out my wife has cancer in early August so riding gets me away from all the medical stuff ....anyway ..ride safe everyone and enjoy

I check in frequently but don't do a lot of posting. My 06 now has 65,xxx miles on it and mostly trouble free other than replacing a fuel pump and regulator over the years. There is a group of us guys (5 - 10) that try to ride once a week. We do breakfast rides in hot weather and lunch rides in cooler weather. We'll cover anywhere from 100 - 200 miles.

Good Morning I try to see whats happening on this sight every weekend but life is busy .I still have my 04 Midnight Venture haven't been on it to much last couple years . I am always hoping to get out on the weekend but lately something always comes up . I just became a grand parent for the first time so now that keeps us really busy , I have another 1.5 years before i get to retire so I am hoping i can get more riding in then as long as the honey to do list is not very long . Well thats about all I have to say for now and everyone ride safe.

Barry

I read every post in this thread. Truly good to read so many stories if even they were short. Awesome to belong to such a group as has been formed here. I do wish each and everyone a rich blessing from the Great Father as you all continue in this life.

As for me, nah I don't need a hat, never wear one,,,, I mean why would I want to cover such a handsome head as mine and I do have hair still so the what the Good Lord has given me is still doing it's job/

I am still riding our 2014 Spyder and sometimes wonder why I ever rode 2 wheels,,, these things are a hoot!!! Marca doesn't ride as much as she used to and often times retirement gets in the way of a good ride as well, I be lucky to get 10,000km on this year. "course that comes with a bonus, no new tires needed, no need for brake pads and only needed to do 1 oil change and that's only because.

We still live at our 'new to us house' that we moved into about 10yrs ago, Grez007 has taken over our M&G but whenever we ride as a group the Spyder still leads for some reason. I am now old enough to know better, but don't seem to have the wherewithal to resist, so life has changed very little.

Thanks Don for doing this, I bet it garnered a lot more than you maybe thought.

And oh yah, the reason I hadn't posted earlier is that I was trying to get the last word in,,,, maybe?

READ MY SIGNATURE!!

And oh yah, the reason I hadn't posted earlier is that I was trying to get the last word in,,,, maybe?

READ MY SIGNATURE!!

I only know you because having been in this forum for several years, I got to read your posts and comments on others posts including mine. Can't wait until I get the chance to get to some of the M&G's to meet you guys. Gotta wait a few more years for this retirement thing to start. When I clicked on the watering hole page and saw your name on the right opposite of the contest title, I thought to myself, the contest is on the 11th page. Marcarl is a regular that frequents this forum regularly so I thought...I bet he is trying some kind of angle. It figures that getting the last word in was the angle. :D

Enjoy reading what everyone is up to, watching the seasons change here in Indiana 90 degrees one week frost warnings next. Enjoyed md, the rootbeer run and western new york this year. Can't wait till next year and see everyone.

Joe and Deb.

Hi Don:

We also haven't been around lately, and for a pretty lousy reason.

Our dear Wife fell on Sept. 17th, and broke her hip in three places.

She spent a couple weeks in the bigger of our local hospitals (Belleville, Ont), then got transferred to our other local hospital in Trenton, Ont. for slow rehab.

She's progressing well...

...BUT the rotten b-tards pulled OUR licence during a routine check on the home to see what's needed for her to move back in comfortably. There was NO reason for pulling OUR licence except age (76), but we're grounded until the first available time for a full TEST on OUR ability to move comfortably in the home!!!

Here's the kicker: retest cost is $680 CAD, and first available date is NOV. 21st!!!

Honest, we are NOT making this up!~

Rgds, WRIDR

Hi Don:

We also haven't been around lately, and for a pretty lousy reason.

Our dear Wife fell on Sept. 17th, and broke her hip in three places.

She spent a couple weeks in the bigger of our local hospitals (Belleville, Ont), then got transferred to our other local hospital in Trenton, Ont. for slow rehab.

She's progressing well...

...BUT the rotten b-tards pulled OUR licence during a routine check on the home to see what's needed for her to move back in comfortably. There was NO reason for pulling OUR licence except age (76), but we're grounded until the first available time for a full TEST on OUR ability to move comfortably in the home!!!

Here's the kicker: retest cost is $680 CAD, and first available date is NOV. 21st!!!

Honest, we are NOT making this up!~

Rgds, WRIDR

Wishing you and your wife the best as you regenerate. Blessings to you both.

Do you mean drivers license?

Have put about 1500 miles on my 2011 since April when I got it. (I don't ride during our AZ summer) I like it a lot but it sure is heavy. Appreciate all the advice on here when I first signed up. Just had rotator cuff surgery so I wont be riding for a while and when I do I'll likely ease back into it on my 04 V Strom 1000.

I still check in here most days and I still ride my RSV regularly. I am however selling my beautiful 83 this week. Even though it has been my favorite road bike in 50 years of road riding it's difficult to ride it enough and I need the space. You see I have an adventure bike for off roading, a little scooter for that one mile trip to the store, and the RSV gets most of the road mileage. Still I wish I could keep it. I wan't to thank Don for running this site and all of you contributors for entertaining me, educating me, inspiring me, and even helping me source a few parts over the years. Hopefully next year I won't fall off of my adventure bike at 50 mph three weeks before maintenance day and I'll get to meet some of you. Since I seriously doubt I'll win, maybe I can buy a hat. Cheers!