IGNORED

I know I've been quiet lately

ragtop69gs

Hey y'all I'm still alive, just beèn consumed with trying to make a change of address. After two years of prep we listed the house for sale last week, less than 24 hours on the market we had a solid offer that we accepted. Yes it was a shock that it sold in less than a day! THE bigger shock is that they wanted to close in 23 days ! We have been scrambling to get this place cleaned out, those that have been here know that's no small task. 14 hour days of packing, selling and tossing.

The plan is to vacate, get in the Motorhome and spend the winter in Florida then find a home somewhere in N.W. south Carolina or Eastern Tennessee. So we hope to not be AWOL from many for MD's, rides or rallies for mùch longer.

To tell you the truth, I'm too frigin old to do all this packing and moving, it sucks! We are looking forward to a less cluttered life in a slower paced location.

Hope to see everyone again soòn.

You guys are so lucky to have sold in a day. We put out house on the market mid March and after having to change agents mid stream and having to redo the kitchen it finally sold the end of May. You are right, having to move at our age is tough. My wife did all the packing since I still work. My job was the garage and shed. The new house has an HOA and no sheds allowed, so I had to get rid of most stuff. Well I got a lawn service at the new place so mowers, trimmers and such are no longer needed. Sad thing is I just bought a new riding mower last August and only used it a few months. It is taking up room inn the garage now. I need to get it advertised and sold before winter. Well have fun the the RV in Florida over the winter and hope you all find a nice place down south.

Congratulations on selling the house so quickly! And Best of Luck with your new life!

If I moved, I would hire a mover at my age. No way I would try to move myself. It's plenty of work even when someone else boxes and moves everything.

I sold my first home myself in one day because I let the buyers assume my VA mortgage so the closing costs were almost nothing back then. Interest rates were going up and I let them have a discount that equaled what would have been the realtors fee.

Wondered what kept you away,, nobody to get coffee 1st thing in the morning,,,, thought maybe I was going to have to get devoirce papers ready, glad for all the happenings in your life and going so well. See you next year,,make sure you register and plan a place to be,, NOW!

Good for you and I don't know what my son is going to do with this place when I die, there is so much stuff.

Going to throw out the invite to north east Tennessee. We are surrounded by mountains and have many great lakes, rivers, camping and within about an hour of the Blue Ridge Parkway. We also have no state income tax.

Randy

Good for you and I don't know what my son is going to do with this place when I die, there is so much stuff.

Going to throw out the invite to north east Tennessee. We are surrounded by mountains and have many great lakes, rivers, camping and within about an hour of the Blue Ridge Parkway. We also have no state income tax.

Randy

Thanks for that tid bit, but how do they treat pensions and Investment payouts?

Randy

Parents lived in Northern Tennessee near Paris, off Kentucky Lake. Man did I love it there, came very close to moving there.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, if all the stars align in our favor we will close on the sale of our house on the 15th and then on the 7th of November close on the purchase of our new to us home in Pickens county South Carolina, not far from Table Rock state park.

Your prayers, good thoughts or words of wisdom are more than welcome.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What in the wild wild world of lop eared ever changing varmint stories,,,,, sooooo Raggy is given up on being a Michigander and is becoming a Suthner?? My ohh my,, things sure change rapidly here in the land above Oz... :big-grin-emoticon:

Jay I hope you KNOW you and Jeannie are in my thoughts and prayers thru it all brother! IMHO, this is Michigans loss and Tennessee's gain! I hope you folks find EXACTLY what your looking for down yonder - you two deserve it!:thumbsup:

Puc

P.S. - Grits with butter is good stuff:missingtooth:!! Boiled peanuts,, not so much :240:...