IGNORED

Help with Retrofitting Yamaha's accessory "LED Passing lamps" to my 02 Venture

RollinWoody

I purchased the led passing lamps to replace original sealed beams for my bike but unfortunately it seems there is an issue with the "bezel " or size of the bucket not sure if i need to replace with "STR-4NK35-10-00" ? Are they the same bucket or am I missing something??

I can squeeze it in but without the rubber surround gasket that is attached....

Thanks

I purchased the led passing lamps to replace original sealed beams for my bike but unfortunately it seems there is an issue with the "bezel " or size of the bucket not sure if i need to replace with "STR-4NK35-10-00" ? Are they the same bucket or am I missing something??

Thanks

One question. What Yamaha housings do you have? They made two driving light housings. One for the RSV and the other for the rest of the field. The RSV housing has the horizonal bolt and the others have a vertical bolt. I have the bezel with horizonal bolt on mine. The LED light sets in the bucket and the foam spacer in the bezel to hold everything tight. If you have the bezel with the vertical bolt you will have problems getting things lined up.

I also have the bucket with the horizontal bolt but the rubber gasket around the Led lamp would not even fit with the ring.Had to cut a little rubber tab to take it loose and now can fit however this doesn't seem right I shouldn't have to do this. Is the H3 housing larger?

My housing is the 4xy-35 ........

Thanks

My retrofit kit kit lamps won’t physically fit the rubber gasket and my paperwork states:”(P/N STR-4NK35-10 or STR-4WM35-10EA) required....

Have no reference to those numbers. Now I will say that the LEDs I installed came from Larson lights (google them) and fit perfect. They are a predominant agricultural lighting source but fit well

and really light the road. Do not get the trapezoidal bulbs if you look into them. Go with the spots.

:farmer:

One question. What Yamaha housings do you have? They made two driving light housings. One for the RSV and the other for the rest of the field. The RSV housing has the horizonal bolt and the others have a vertical bolt. I have the bezel with horizonal bolt on mine. The LED light sets in the bucket and the foam spacer in the bezel to hold everything tight. If you have the bezel with the vertical bolt you will have problems getting things lined up.

The LED lamps that you have are they they the Yamaha "focused beam with Angel eye halo " ?

Thanks

I finally found my answer from a seller :

"LED Passing lamp retro fit kit for Yamaha cruisers that currently have H3 driving lights. Does NOT fit the bucket from sealed beam passing lamps." ........................................