IGNORED

HOV lanes in Ontario

saddlebum

Been that way in BC for years, glad you now have it too. They recently allowed electric vehicles to use HOV lanes too, with only the driver inside.

Warning: do watch for drivers cutting into the HOV lanes (using them as a passing lane) they often don't see a bike (there's a surprise huh?) Here in BC lane discipline is abysmal & direction indicators must be an expensive optional extra so are not fitted to most vehicles! (or at least it seems like that).

I just read the Ontario rules for entering & exiting HOV lanes LOL.... Good luck with that! We have similar requirement, but drivers cut in & out of HOV lanes wherever & whenever they feel like it. Maybe Ontario drivers are a bit more thoughtful.

Edited by Kretz

While CTFW in the HOV along the top of the "99" out in California - Tip, Tweeks and I came upon a slow cager using the HOV,,, swung out to pass em and catch back up to the normal flow of life in the fast lane.. When passing the cage now on our left side, I looked over and noticed the driver of the cage in the HOV had his arm around one of those blow up dolls (yes,, she was clothed :happy34: = the driver AND the blow up doll ya bunch of lop eared perverted varmints)... I bumped Tip and said = "HOV sign says 2 or more,,, guess the guy passes the test but I wonder if the two of them were speeding,, which one would get the ticket :happy65:"..

Life on the road,, gotta LOVE IT!!

While CTFW in the HOV along the top of the "99" out in California - Tip, Tweeks and I came upon a slow cager using the HOV,,, swung out to pass em and catch back up to the normal flow of life in the fast lane.. When passing the cage now on our left side, I looked over and noticed the driver of the cage in the HOV had his arm around one of those blow up dolls (yes,, she was clothed :happy34: = the driver AND the blow up doll ya bunch of lop eared perverted varmints)... I bumped Tip and said = "HOV sign says 2 or more,,, guess the guy passes the test but I wonder if the two of them were speeding,, which one would get the ticket :happy65:"..

Life on the road,, gotta LOVE IT!!

Ya! we use dto see that quite often here. Often made the TV "news". Drivers trying to make it look like look like they have a passenger in the vehicle. They still get a ticket if LEO's pull them over!

Been that way in BC for years, glad you now have it too. They recently allowed electric vehicles to use HOV lanes too, with only the driver inside.

Warning: do watch for drivers cutting into the HOV lanes (using them as a passing lane) they often don't see a bike (there's a surprise huh?) Here in BC lane discipline is abysmal & direction indicators must be an expensive optional extra so are not fitted to most vehicles! (or at least it seems like that).

I just read the Ontario rules for entering & exiting HOV lanes LOL.... Good luck with that! We have similar requirement, but drivers cut in & out of HOV lanes wherever & whenever they feel like it. Maybe Ontario drivers are a bit more thoughtful.

Yeh we get that here too. Usually its the BMW drivers, who seem to think the highway traffic act does not apply to them. Im pretty sure signals do not come as standard equipment on beamers. Its prevailent here in ontario that getting cut off is comonly referrred to as getting BEAMERED. Then there is the other side of coin people using the HOV lane while driving 20 km under the speed limit. This contributes to others cuttinhg in and out of the lane even when ytheyy are not allowed. There should be a minimum speed posted for these lanes.

No luck there, a good number of Ontario drivers treat the rules of the road as suggestions, some of these peeps may drive just fine around town but highway driving requires a different skill set which most it would seems to be beyond most of them.

Yeh we get that here too. Usually its the BMW drivers, who seem to think the highway traffic act does not apply to them. Im pretty sure signals do not come as standard equipment on beamers. Its prevailent here in ontario that getting cut off is comonly referrred to as getting BEAMERED. Then there is the other side of coin people using the HOV lane while driving 20 km under the speed limit. This contributes to others cuttinhg in and out of the lane even when ytheyy are not allowed. There should be a minimum speed posted for these lanes.

Thats too bad, one of the best auto mfrs on earth gets associated with that sort of thing. But I know it's true. I drive an Audi and I can see that people sometimes expect me to do crap like that. There are not many German cars where I live as there are no nearby dealers sans VW so we get dickholed by the folks that drive Yukon and Suburban variants instead. Oh, and the Harleys are by far worse than any cage. No worse dicks occupy public roadway, and by a very wide margin. Just the sound of a Harley makes me wonder what stupid or rude **** is about to go down.

When I lived in the Seattle area I definitely noticed a vast majority was rude and impatient, but the drivers of premium German cars you could almost count on it, generally. I have noticed over the last few years, regardless of location or setting, that lots of folks are just impatient and angry. It seems to be more how things are moving in society than traffic related, but what better time to let out ones rage than in traffic where everyone is already suffering.

I would say, based on my experience having lived in a metro area and traveled to others, that anyplace so severely overcrowded to necessitate an HOV lane will have these issues. Many many city folks just drive like that, regardless of auto choice, no way around it that I can see. Too bad, I LOVE German cars but also hate the way many folks pilot them. I speculate that the added performance over the average American or Japanese autos inspires spirited driving. It's like paying all that extra scratch for a fantastic performance car just to be a dick about it. I know it's a reality but it makes no sense. I don't understand people.

As Cap'n Jack Sparrow would say, Rules of the Road to many are like the Pirates' Code, they're more like "guide lines!" As for the German cars, BMW used to be noted for fast &/or aggressive driving but we saw Audi drivers join that group after the Transporter movies. Jason Statham has a lot to answer for! LOL

Around here on Hwy1 into Vancouver it would often be wonderful to actually get to 20km under the limit as we're often at a standstill.

Edited by Kretz