Ontario Cottage Country Ride – Sept 11 to 13

Evan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well I hope you do make it that deal as far as the tooth goes you should have gone seen my grandson he had no problem getting his out tied a string to the tooth tied the other end to the end of an arrow pulled back on the bow and let fly

my case was a bit complicated...would have needed a canon, but how do you tie a string to a canon ball ?🙄

Im glad to read that some of you where able to get away and the rain did not cancel the trip.

Tooch, sorry to hear your chemo treatments is affecting your energy, but the success of it will be worth it.

Abdul, sounds like you had a good long ride.

Hope you feel better soon. We are praying for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are referring to me, I am fine buddy....not as bad as I make it look. Some times we got to add some salt to our stories to make them interesting....😎

I suggest we all direct our prayers for our friend, Tooch, who is currently going through a bit of rough time, health wise.

Sorry Tooch, you didn’t make, but we appreciate the effort you made to meet up with friends under the circumstances.

We did miss you not being on the ride.

Thanks to Ben and his furry friend following us in his truck with a spade in the back, in case one of us messed up the tarmac.🤷🏻*♂️

Chabicheka. :dancefool:

Home safe and sound about an hour ago..awesome riding and scenery was had by all who attended. Total mileage over

about 1000kms over 2 days of superb riding weather. Special thanks to Evan for sharing his very special cottage and property with us( even our bikes were sheltered for the night). Also a very special thanks to our route planner who i know put alot of time and effort into connecting all the best roads available to get us where we wanted to be. It was nice to even see a couple others who joined for part of the ride to keep us company for a while

Had a wonderful time and glad we made the choice of coming home a day early,,, not a drop of rain the whole time,, just a little cool at times,,,, course the Bum wouldn't know anything about that eh!

I can remember only 1 u-turn and I don't think any farmers were plagued by wayward motorcycles.

it was good to finally meet up with Sailur (Andrew), that boy rides well!!!!, and to see Abdul once again if only for a short while. Glad to have had you guys along.

Found out that Garmin with their new update now wants to change a route according to their plans, took some time to keep ahead of them. Won't be trusting the route transfer from on.

Thanks Evan for setting this thing up, it was a real grand time, and I even got to sleep soundly.

Couple of good routes that stuck in my mind were, Southwood road, 518,632,654, all good roads to ride, although I think the 518 wore us down the most.

Yes, it was an amazing ride over some of Ontario’s best biking roads. A huge thanks to Marcarl who spent days planning the route. Also a big thanks for Carl’s best ribeye steaks that he BBQ’d to perfection. I think this may become an annual event.

Yes a big thanks to Evan for his hospitality and really hope we can do this again my only regret is (though I love to take Rio were ever I go) this is one time I would have preferred to take the bike but unfortunately due to a last minute loss of my dog sitter it was either stay home or bring him along. Thankfully Evan was more than Accommodating and allowed for me to bring my co-pilot and he certainly enjoyed the freedom he had on Evan's large lot. I have to admit though it kinda gave me a sense of envy to watch those buddies of mine having all the fun on those twisty turns though I was glad they did. I gotta say though wheeling my big old tundra through those turns and still stay right on their tail had its own thrill. Certianly challenges your driving skill's.

The camaraderie I experienced with both old, Extra old (No Names please) and new faces was right up there in the typical VR tradition. Its sad that summer is coming to a close because its great times like these that always make you wish the season was longer so that you could could get in more rides like this.

Now just in case he thought I forgot about him, which I did not. Special thanks to Carl (Marcarl) for all his hard work in helping Evan to put it all together. As always his ride planning never disappoints and he put together one fantastic ride. Now I have never been on the tail of the dragon but from what I have heard or seen on video's I am pretty sure some of these roads come darn close. Every now and then when he is figuring out a route I get the urge to offer a suggestion. I usually end being glad he didn't take it, since he seems to have a great knack for picking the right roads and putting it all together.

I also want to thank Carl for the great steaks he provided, he even did mine to perfection (very Rare). We also had fresh corn (and again cooked perfectly in the husk by Carl), cole slaw, brown beans (glad I had my own little cottage all to myself), raisin and cherry pies, all provided by Evan,

One last thing re:

Marcarl;1068947]Had a wonderful time and glad we made the choice of coming home a day early,,, not a drop of rain the whole time,, just a little cool at times,,,, course the Bum wouldn't know anything about that eh!

That is not quite true! I was fully aware of those temperature changes as I was constantly having to switch from AC, when it got too warm :scorched:and to Heat when it got too cool :snow:or when it was somewhere in between, having to open or close windows.....:fnd_(16):

Edited by saddlebum

Sounds like you guys had a great ride up, down and around on some beautiful roads. And I know Evans cottage and what a reward to be arriving there after some long hard riding.

Sounds like this could be described as a perfect guys getaway.

I wish I was there to enjoy the time with you all.

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like you guys had a great ride up, down and around on some beautiful roads. And I know Evans cottage and what a reward to be arriving there after some long hard riding.

Sounds like this could be described as a perfect guys getaway.

I wish I was there to enjoy the time with you all.

Yes, we rode around ten hours each day and were so consumes by the great roads and scenery that hardly any pics were taken. Carl kept trying to show us how well his Spyder handles the twisties.

IMG_0162.jpgIMG_0164.jpgIMG_0167.jpgIMG_0170.jpg