As promised, here I am or we are!

Sept 11th, in the morning.

8 am Leave my 'ouse at 8 am.

9 am Campbellville Ice House gas bar

10 am Mono Mills Timmies

10.30 am Stayner Timmies

11 am Orillia Timmies at Monarch Drive

I think that should accommodate ya'll

Expect to see me arrive 15 minutes early to 15 minutes late or so. I would like to leave Orillia about 11:30 or so.

From Orillia we head to Bala>>>>almost to Parry Sound and then meander over to Burk's Falls area. From there it's straight around the corner over the hill through the valley to Rockview Road.

I will meet the group at the Mono Mills Timmies, ( Hwy9 & Airport road) and tag along til Bala, looking forward to meet the gang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now counting:

Evan

Saddlebum

Grez007

MarCarl

Tooch

Harold

Harold is a dear friend of mine, I asked him to accompany us so that Saddlebum doesn't feel that he is the only one trying to keep me out of trouble.

I only get one helper..:backinmyday:... for a job of such magnitude.:bang head:

Another two added to the list.

Evan

Saddlebum (Ben)

Grez007 (Paul)

MarCarl (Carl)

Tooch (Dave)

Harold

Chabiceka (Abdul)

Sailur (Andrew)

So I need to know where I will be looking for whoever

Harold, (At Home)

Paul, (just down the road)

Andrew, (Mono Mills)

Ben (Campbellvile Ice House)

Dave?

Evan?

Abdul (Mono Mills)

Carl (Home)(My Home)

Edited by Marcarl

Unless you plan on coming through Burlington, I will meet you in campbellville at the Icehouse restaurant. BTW I believe that restaurant is closed now, at least it appeared that way the last couple times I went by it but the Esso station beside it , on the corner of Main Street and campbellville Road / campbellville Ave. Is still there.

Abdul ( Chabicheka ) will hopefully be at Monomills stop.

okay....got to go back to do the rain dance... remind me again, are we doing it to stop the rain, or get more rain??😟

I keep looking at the forecast and get a feeling no ones watching my dance.! Will try doing it outside in the backyard, see 🕺🏽🕺🏽🕺🏽if that helps...

okay....got to go back to do the rain dance... remind me again, are we doing it to stop the rain, or get more rain??😟

I keep looking at the forecast and get a feeling no ones watching my dance.! Will try doing it outside in the backyard, see 🕺🏽🕺🏽🕺🏽if that helps...

From the dictionary of AllAgree

Rain Dance: A ridiculous acrobat form of movement that will have all those able to watch wondering what on earth has got into that human. Mostly performed outside (has better effect) and in order to be most effective should be performed with feet pointed towards the clouds. If not performed in such a manner then the opposite effect of ones desire may take effect. It has also proven to be quite beneficial to have a large crowd of on-lookers clapping their hands in unison, so to create a beat, sort of more or less.

Best you practice some more maybe!!

Looks like we all need to join Abdul and do a “no rain” dance. Right now, the forecast is for big rain both Wed and Fri. This definitely would dampen if not totally mess up what could be a great ride, and bad weather at the cottage on Thurs would also be no fun. Carl and I will check again later today and tomorrow to see if the forecast starts to improve. Will keep you posted!

Here’s a few reasons I am leaning towards a “Maybe” for the ride...

Have a nasty toothache that probably needs to be pulled out. Don’t know how fast I can get an appointment with the dentist, also how I will be feeling after it’s done.

# 2....The weather....looks like rain,rain,and a thunderstorm on Friday to top it off. Which means staying indoors, listening to Marcarl whole day. Now that’s a scary thought...

#3 ......I had opted to tent it....reason being I am a loud snorer. Was sharing a room at a cottage a while back with a friend, and when I woke up in the morning, my buddy and his mattress were missing Found him outside the hallway sleeping on his mattress on the floor.

#4 .....Nights are going to be cold ! 9 celcious I believe. Not ideal for tenting.

#5 ......am pooped already from doing the rain dances . Yeah...try that at MY age.☹️

So guys, if you all decide to go on, I wish you nice sunny days and lots of fun. So if you don’t see me at Mono Mills, I am using my last bit of energy doing some more rain dance, for you guys, at home.

love you, Carl.

abdul.

Here’s a few reasons I am leaning towards a “Maybe” for the ride...

Have a nasty toothache that probably needs to be pulled out. Don’t know how fast I can get an appointment with the dentist, also how I will be feeling after it’s done.

# 2....The weather....looks like rain,rain,and a thunderstorm on Friday to top it off. Which means staying indoors, listening to Marcarl whole day. Now that’s a scary thought...������

#3 ......I had opted to tent it....reason being I am a loud snorer. Was sharing a room at a cottage a while back with a friend, and when I woke up in the morning, my buddy and his mattress were missing �� Found him outside the hallway sleeping on his mattress on the floor.��

#4 .....Nights are going to be cold ! 9 celcious I believe. Not ideal for tenting.

#5 ......am pooped already from doing the rain dances . Yeah...try that at MY age.☹️

So guys, if you all decide to go on, I wish you nice sunny days and lots of fun. So if you don’t see me at Mono Mills, I am using my last bit of energy doing some more rain dance, for you guys, at home.

love you, Carl. ��

abdul.

Prayers Up for your tooth brother,, never fun!!!

Here's one that hopefully will cheer ya up some and make ya smile when remembering it while sitting in the dentist chair under the gas,,,, :dancefool:

Seems like the “no rain” dance may be doing some good. The current forecast is a bit better on Wed but still bad on Friday for the ride home - 10 to 15 mm of rain along the way. So, Carl and I will chat in the morning after the forecast update and decide if it is a go or if we come up with an alternate plan.

P

Seems like the “no rain” dance may be doing some good. The current forecast is a bit better on Wed but still bad on Friday for the ride home - 10 to 15 mm of rain along the way. So, Carl and I will chat in the morning after the forecast update and decide if it is a go or if we come up with an alternate plan.

So, here is the update, subject to any surprises in the current weather forecast. Carl will stick with his route and meet-up plans along the way. We may have some rain along the way, but it shouldn’t be too heavy. Because Friday rain still looks very likely and heavy, he will lead us back from the cottage on Thursday rather than Friday, which should be good riding weather. You may want to bring along your long underwear as the the night temperature could be down to 10c. Looking forward to a great ride on some great biking roads and spending the evening listening to tall tales.

Am going to try and get out, if its not raining when I am ready to leave. Will accompany you guys part of the way, maybe till lunch time and then head back after lunch once I am convinced Carl got everything under control. Mono Mills at 10 am...but please do not wait if I am not there. :beer:

Abdul.:dancefool:,

update on my toothache....I know Carl probably didn't get any sleep worrying about me....got a molar yanked out...I thought the dentist was trying to pull my head off the body !! :Avatars_Gee_George: :bawling: anyway, its done am feeling a bit better. I think Cowpuc does have a direct line with the big guy. :2143:

Hi Guys

Update on the Tooch.....I won’t be able to attend....the Chemo stuff has knocked me on my butt. I’m not nauseous or sick but very tired and I can’t walk around very much without getting the spins and needing to sit or lie down, to make the room stay still. Obviously I can’t be driving and generally I don’t feel well right now.

Sorry, I can’t make it, cause I know this would be fun.

I’ll do my little rain dance for you! Can’t stand up long enough to do a long one!

My Mustang hasn’t turned a wheel in well over a week! :confused24:

:auto:

Hi Guys

Update on the Tooch.....I won’t be able to attend....the Chemo stuff has knocked me on my butt. I’m not nauseous or sick but very tired and I can’t walk around very much without getting the spins and needing to sit or lie down, to make the room stay still. Obviously I can’t be driving and generally I don’t feel well right now.

I’ll do my little rain dance for you! Can’t stand up long enough to do a long one!

My Mustang hasn’t turned a wheel in well over a week!

So sorry for you Dave. Really hope your chemo process turns out to be worth what you are going through. Sincere best wishes. We will be thinking of you.

Hi Guys

Gonna miss ya Bud, but we will steak it on you anyways,,, only because we know you would want us to.

Blessings as time goes on and hopefully there will be a blessing at the end of this tunnel.

Am going to try and get out, if its not raining when I am ready to leave. Will accompany you guys part of the way, maybe till lunch time and then head back after lunch once I am convinced Carl got everything under control. Mono Mills at 10 am...but please do not wait if I am not there. :beer:

update on my toothache....I know Carl probably didn't get any sleep worrying about me....got a molar yanked out...I thought the dentist was trying to pull my head off the body !! :Avatars_Gee_George: :bawling: anyway, its done am feeling a bit better. I think Cowpuc does have a direct line with the big guy. :2143:

Boy,,,that's amazing,,, for some folks them there tootheses just fall out,,, guess yours didn't want to leave so easily.

Too bad you couldn't make this ride allll the way, planned out special with you in mind,, lots of turns, twists and such, even some hills and valleys, just to get the right mix in. Due hope to see you tomorrow though and if you think your rain dance is working,,, keep at it,,, just put a little more effort into it between 3 and 4 in the morning,,, that should pretty well do it then.

well I hope you do make it that deal as far as the tooth goes you should have gone seen my grandson he had no problem getting his out tied a string to the tooth tied the other end to the end of an arrow pulled back on the bow and let fly

Hi Guys

sorry to hear that to tooch I was kind of looking forward to seeing you there anyway make sure that you look after yourself I'm sure it'll pass over I've had friends that have gone through it and they've come out okay at the end so hang in there buddy.