IGNORED

Rest in peace Brother Bob

ragtop69gs

As Tom put it I think many of us were better people for knowing him. He had a way about him never boisterous but always noticeable. Never loud but always seen. Never angry but always helpful. I will miss my friend and it will be impossible to forget you.

I will admit that this is a bit shocking for me. I knew that he wasn't doing well and when it was posted yesterday that he had taken a turn for the worse, I knew that there was a chance that Bob was leaving us but I just refused to accept it I guess. I just felt that he was going to beat this and pull through. It is hard for me to believe that I won't be seeing Bob again. He sas a special person. Kind, generous, funny, so many great things to say about him. He will be missed so very much. My prayers are with all that had the privilege of knowing him, especially Becky. I just don't know what else to say at this time. I know that Bob had a special relationship with our savior and I am thankful for that and find peace in knowing that he is with our Lord and Savior. Rest in peace my friend.

So sad to hear this, he will be greatly missed. Glad we had a pleasure of knowing Bob. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Becky and the family for comfort at this very hard time.

Ron and Tina

Bob was always there ready to help with what ever the problem. If you had a problem with your bike he would jump in with both feet and stay on it till the problem was solved. He was always there with prayers for anyone in need, he tried to make every rally or meet and eat no matter where they were. He will alway be riding with us.

Oh no!

Last night, after sadly reading the latest news, I was smiling, remembering his jokes as he drove Pat and I to the Friday night dinner at MD. We laughed a lot on that drive.

First time meeting Bob as well....

Now to wake up and read this......

Bob, I wish you could read this.....but...God Bless my friend. Thank you for your friendship...if only for a few days!

Prayers to your family.

david and pat

OH, MY HEART ACHES!!

Bob was truly a legend around here.

In 2012, Teresa and I had a 2 weeker planned for an out west ride, and 2 weeks before our leave out date, while taking the front axle off to change the front tire, all of the threads in the left axle came out when I unscrewed it. I was in a full blown panic. The shop that I had taken it to to have the tire changed the last time, had not put anti seize on the threads. I immediately started having visions of having to buy a new fork, and all of the mess it was gonna take to get that fixed before our vacation. I jumped on the site here, and voiced my predicament, and it was BongoBob who responded, and urged me to calm down, and trust the knowledge of the people on this site to help me rectify the situation. Bongo immediately recommended a helicoil solution (I had never used a helicoil kit), and he encouraged some others here on the site to chime in on whether that would be a good idea or not. He basically took my situation to heart, and ran with it. Well, the helicoil was the exact fix that was needed, and we wound up having the best motorcycle vacation we've ever had. He even kept checking with me to make sure it was still doing good on the ride.

We are still riding that bike with the helicoil fix.

Bob was a special human. And, I love the fact that he was not shy about his faith.

Words can't express how much he will be missed. I will continue to keep his family in my prayers.

Rest in Peace Great Man!

I'm a newbie to this forum and have never met Bob. You can feel the true love everyone has for him and it is my loss for not know him:

Safely Home

by Unknown

I am home in Heaven,dear ones;

Oh, so happy and sobright!

There is perfect joyand beauty

In this everlastinglight.

All the pain andgrief is over,

Every restlesstossing passed;

I am now at peaceforever,

Safely home inHeaven at last.

Did you wonder I socalmly

Trod the valley ofthe shade?

Oh! but Jesus' armto lean on,

Could I have onedoubt or dread?

Then you must notgrieve so sorely,

For I love youdearly still;

Try to look beyondearth's shadows,

Pray to trust ourFather's Will.

There is work stillwaiting for you,

So you must not idlystand;

Do it now, whilelife remaineth--

You shall rest inJesus' land.

When that work isall completed,

He will gently callyou Home;

Oh, the rapture ofthat meeting,

Oh, the joy to seeyou come!

My deepest and most sincere heartfelt condolences go out to Becky, Bongo's family and friends at such a grievous loss as that of my brother and dear friend Robert "Bongobob" Scharf.. My mind is just swimming in sadness in hearing this,,, my gosh what are we gonna do without Bongo,,, as sad as I feel I can't help but have a broken heart for Becky,,, Becky,, if your reading this,, PLEASE know that Tip and I are thinking of and lifting you up in our prayers sister..

Bongo I am so sorry you had to suffer thru all you did at the end my friend and one of the first questions for the Lord that I will have when I join you in His presence up there is why... On the same token though I will follow up that question up there as I do now with a HUGE thank you to our Lord and Savior for blessing our lives with your presence! Your love of our Lord, family, your fellow man, motorcycles and willingness to share the knowledge that God himself blessed you with will never be forgotten my brother.

Our loss is Heavens gain...

Puc

Sorry Just had to copy and past this from the other post to this one:

What everyone has said about Bob is an example of what more of the human race should be like. When my bike was run off the road in 2007 and I decided to buy it back from the insurance and rebuild it, Bob was on the phone in a heart beat asking what I needed in the way of parts and faster than the man of steel he and Becky magically showed up at my place of work here north of the border in Burlington Ontario, with a trunk load of parts and wanted not dime in return. I had only been with VR less than a year I believe and I did not know him nor him me and yet there he was in my time of need. On another occasion while returning from the Guntersville AL. international Rally, I decided to veer off my route home and pay Bobby and Becky a visit. Due to the fact that it was mid afternoon they insisted I stay for supper and then later as it started to cloud over insisted I stay the night which was followed by a great breakfast. It was a good thing to, as had I not stayed I would have got caught in one nasty lightning storm. Bobby has continue to be on my list of favorites from that time on. The only down side of knowing Bobby was the physical distance between us otherwise I know I would have enjoyed spending more time with him. My wife Marita was with me a couple of times to go visit Bob and Becky and she loved them both.

We will both miss him a true friend and solid patriot very much.

I know his new friends will love him just as much :2132::2133::2143:

Edited by saddlebum

I never knew Bob apart from on this forum but he appears to have been well loved & respected by other members who knew him personally. May he rest in peace now his trials on this earth are done. Remember him as he was & be thankful for his time here.

My sincere condolences to his family.

If anyone has pics of Bongo ,please share them...all of my pics with Bob are on my tablet that refuses to take a charge...

I met Bob for the first time at the 2013 Maintenance Day. We certainly had fun that weekend. He was so funny. I think in this pic, I was trying to understand what he was spouting off about. Ha!

P1020248 (Small).JPG

I think Joe Pat was confused, too.

Only met Bob once. He and Becky came nearby to Hannigan's to get their RSV triked a few years ago. I happened to be at Hannigan's and got to talking to them since they rode in on a RSV. They had time to kill while the work was being done so I offered them my RSV to ride while in the area and they did so. I think I remember that he, like me, was a Vietnam vet and we shared our story. That was the last and only time I talked with Bob but his nature was such that I was happy to loan him my bike while in our area. That is a compliment to him as all you bike owners know. RIP brother and prayers for Becky and family.