IGNORED

Lost a dear friend todayR

DragonRider

Received some sad news today. My oldest friend of 63 years passed. We grew up together from the age of 6, we did everything together, good and bad. His sister contacted me this morning bearing this news. I am saddened by this, and it makes me realize how special old friendships are. He still lived in La. where we come from but we saw each other a couple of times a year. He was divorced for many years and earlier this year his mom passed which was hard on me also as I regarded and loved her as my second mother. I dont think he ever got over it, he was her caretaker during her illness. He also introduced me to my wife way back in 1971. This makes me realize that I need to keep in touch with more of my old friends.

Edited by DragonRider

May the peace that passes all understanding be yours as you reflect on the time you had together and as you can rejoice in having a friend for such a long time. May the two of you meet again in the world to come, and never to be separated again.

Really true friends are a treasure worth far more then any form of earthly riches.. This saddened my heart to read of the passing of one of your true friends Lewis.. You have my deepest condolences and supportive prayers as you work thru the grieving process of such a great loss.. May your heart be comforted by the love and tenderness of our Creator and you find peace that passes all understanding until that great day when you get to see him again my brother!!

Thank you Craig. We made a lot of great memories over the years. I was able to stand up at his memorial and pass on some things that we did. Some were serious but the last was a very funny one about an incident that happened one day while we were riding our motorcycles. It brought smiles and laughs out of everyone, because he never told anyone about it, not even his sister. It was a hardest thing I ever had to do, but I made it through. I know I would have regretted it if I hadnt done it. It enabled me and others to remember him in better times.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Sorry for your loss Lewis, but I am sure you have some great memories and stories that will help put a smile on your face. So true about keeping in touch with old friends.

Take Care, Craig