IGNORED

Baggershield 11" or adjustable 10.5"/16.5"

Red Ryder

Hey all, with all the wet weather riding this year I cannot get used to looking thru the shield of the new to me RSV Trike. Seems dangerous at times when it fogs up, or heading west at sunset.

Been looking at Baggershields, but not to sure if I like the knobs on the adjustable shield, or is it just me, and some getting used to?

Or just buy the 11" by 4" wider version.

Any imput which is better is most appreciated,

Later-

I have the tall 2 piece Bagger shield. The knobs are low enough that they don't bother me. It's a bit tall for me, I'm looking thru it in the rain. I'm considering drilling more holes in it to lower it instead of cutting it down. I only tried it once with the top removed and didn't like the the low windshield but do like the added width.

Thank You Ron,

I am around 6', and a 10.5" or 11" screen height is what I need to see over, especially when raining.

But what I like about the Adjustable baggershield is that on cooler weather bike trips the 16.5" shield would help with wind, especially for passengers.

But those knobs on the inside of shield looks sorta goofy to me. Maybe modify them to bolts.

Later-

Guest divey
Thank You Ron,

I am around 6', and a 10.5" or 11" screen height is what I need to see over, especially when raining.

But what I like about the Adjustable baggershield is that on cooler weather bike trips the 16.5" shield would help with wind, especially for passengers.

But those knobs on the inside of shield looks sorta goofy to me. Maybe modify them to bolts.

Later-

The convertible shield comes with either allen head screws to hold the 2 pieces together or wingnut knobs that you hand tighten. I too don’t like the knobs so I just use the allen head screws and keep the correct sized Allen key in my trunk for easy access. Changing the shield from tall to short or vice versa is about a one minute job at most. I really like the short shield for local riding but highway speeds I personally prefer the tall configuration due to buffeting. In rain, the short configuration is the only way to go. Doug

As I'm gettin' a bit older and gettin' back on the road on the bike, I've found that I cain't see good thru the smoked lower screen of the adjustable that's on there now. Wouldn't mind a clear one, but I may just trade out for an original in good shape...

I have the taller version and almost always have it in the taller position. I like the reduced wind buffeting with most of my riding at highway speed. If I remember correctly, the taller version Baggershield is similar in height to the Yamaha factory shield.

Pretty much the only time I have it lowered is in the rain. The rain droplets clear from my helmet visor with the windshield down. The plastic wingnuts are hardly noticeable after you get used to them

Hey all, with all the wet weather riding this year I cannot get used to looking thru the shield of the new to me RSV Trike. Seems dangerous at times when it fogs up, or heading west at sunset. Later-

I have the two piece baggershield and ride with the top clear piece up 95% of the time. I cut 1.5" off the top of the clear so I can look over it. I'm 6'2" and the top was right in my line of sight before I cut it. In the rain I get some on my visor, but most over top. Less buffeting for me and my wife. Since I leave the top up, I'm going to add a vent next week to get some air flow behind the windshield.

Thanks Dean, figured I could see over 13" easily sitting up straight. Agree, a vent could help with buffeting.

I've always rode that more layback style, not totally 70's chopper, but close. Thus the reason for a lower windshield.

On my harley ultra I have chrome works 2+2 handlebars that give 2" up, and 2" back, so I lean back in seat, and a 10" windshield, not to look cool, but just my comfort style.

On the RSV added the 1 1/2" handlebar risers, a big help, a windshield is next.

Later-

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Baggershield had a 20% 4th of July sale thru today July 8th. So, could get the windshield for $111.99, + $26. shipping. Guess they have Not had Free Shipping in a few years since cutting out the middle man.

I could buy a 10" for $55 with Free Shipping.

But, I've also been communicating with LRS, Long Ride Shields on a 11" flip up version.

Guess, time will tell, Later

I have a two piece baggershield. It needs to be 'dropped' in the rain at night for certain. At 5ft 10 I can just see over the top, but it covers my nearfield vision, hence the need to lower it at night when raining. It does a fantastic job of wind protection I have the wider than a standard screen version. I've had no issue with the bolts/wing nuts. I had a baggershield on a previous bike for a long time, with no issues around the bolts etc.

I'd honestly recommend one for any bike.