IGNORED

LED headlights for RSV

Sorry I didnt take any pics when I did mine, but if you take some pics of original mounting points of old headlite, measure how far headlite needs to be from mounting points. Then cut, using a dremel thru the spot welds on old headlite frame. Measure and reattach mounting points to new frame, I used pop rivits. I know it sounds complicated but if you take your time and think it thru its not that bad. I needed to take the chrome ring off outer fairing and cut into fairing headlite opening in 2 spots, when you reattach chrome ring it covers cuts. Slipped fairing back on to trial fit, then remove finish up wiring, re-adjust headlite and you are finished. Afternoon job if your handy with tools.

Good Luck Craig

Are there any sealed beam LED headlamps that a plug and play for the Royal Star Venture??? I ordered one that claimed it was for my 09 Royal Star but it would take some serious engineering to make it so. Any suggestions would be helpful

I used these in mine. I bought the two pack because my son used one in his Yamaha Bolt. They are sold as singles also. It is an excellant light which has about the highest Lux rating of any of the LED replacement bulbs. Do a little research and you will find that it is the Lux rating that matters the most. High lumens are worthless if the light is scattered all over. Including into the eyes of oncoming drivers. They are a little pricey but totally worth it and the best part is no modifications necessary.

https://headlightrevolution.com/gtr-lighting-gen-3-ultra-series-led-headlight-bulbs-h4-9003/

I followed that up with these for my running lights. The difference with this combination from the stock lighting is unbelievable.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E69CZJE/?coliid=I3EDO28X0EVK7K&colid=1WN99MJKZL26F&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Edited by wrscomncents

I just installed this light from superbrightleds.com

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/motorcycle-high-beam-and-low-beam-headlight-bulb/motorcycle-h4-led-fanless-headlight-conversion-kit-with-compact-heat-sink-2000-lumens/3930/8566/?make=105&model=3743&scc_id=1940&year=2009

The difference is phenomenal!

i was having trouble seeing at night. I have a 2009 and I have never changed the headlight bulb. It seemed to be getting dim. Well I went ahead and ordered this light and WOW! What a difference. I was on the highway last night and I can not only see far down the road but I can see ALL around me left and right.

i ordered the load resistor but never needed it. This bulb was plug and play. I think I read somewhere on this forum that for the 2nd gen the load resistor was not needed.

there are bulbs with more lumens and such but there is not a lot of space back there behind the headlamp and I did not want potential interference to the radio. The radio and tunes are critical for me. They are a must have! So this light worked well for me. As you can see in the pic my headlight is really bright! My headlight used to be just as dull as my passing lights on the left and right. I will do the passing lights next.

457BAA91-FB79-4EBE-81F3-9DA9BC5A57DF.jpg

Edited by big-norm

I just installed this light from superbrightleds.com

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/motorcycle-high-beam-and-low-beam-headlight-bulb/motorcycle-h4-led-fanless-headlight-conversion-kit-with-compact-heat-sink-2000-lumens/3930/8566/?make=105&model=3743&scc_id=1940&year=2009

The difference is phenomenal!

i was having trouble seeing at night. I have a 2009 and I have never changed the headlight bulb. It seemed to be getting dim. Well I went ahead and ordered this light and WOW! What a difference. I was on the highway last night and I can not only see far down the road but I can see ALL around me left and right.

i ordered the load resistor but never needed it. This bulb was plug and play. I think I read somewhere on this forum that for the 2nd gen the load resistor was not needed.

there are bulbs with more lumens and such but there is not a lot of space back there behind the headlamp and I did not want potential interference to the radio. The radio and tunes are critical for me. They are a must have! So this light worked well for me. As you can see in the pic my headlight is really bright! My headlight used to be just as dull as my passing lights on the left and right. I will do the passing lights next.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116917

You might want to try the running lights I listed above. Only $40.00 bucks and went right in. Work great.