IGNORED

Customer service at Cabela's

Kretz

My Brother lives in the UK, I live in Canada. I recently celebrated my 70th b/d So my brother wanted to get me a gift that I would use & asked for my input.

I told him there was a rather nice Vortex 6.5-20x44mm rifle scope currently on sale at my local Cabela's (& in their online store) so.... He tried to buy it online, have it shipped to my local Cabela's store where I would then collect it after providing proof of my identity. (standard procedure when collecting items ordered online)

Payment would have been made on his "international" credit card, which would have paid Cabela's in full, in Cdn $$$ at the time of purchase, BUT their system would not allow him to make payment.

He contacted their "help line" via e-mail & explained the situation, but was told that they were unable to help & merely suggested he send me the money to purchase the gift myself. Yes! we are well aware that is a solution, but he wanted to send me a gift, not money! I have been a fan of Cabela's since they opened a local store but alas no more if that is their attitude to customer service.

"Service" is slowly becoming a thing of the past. I just retired from a automotive dealership and since I have left I've heard nothing only complaints from customers I've run into. We went from a family run dealership to one of the corporate giants. Bottom line is priority one forget customer relationships and service.

Just look at the Canadian news - grocery store giant laying off full time unionized employees and hiring all part time people so they don't have to pay them benefits. I'm doubtful the part timers are going to give a crap about customer service.

It's a changing world and I'm not so sure I like it.

If you need a left handed ferrule screw for your 1949 model 12 shotgun delivered to Tuktoyaktuk N.W.T. their your guys. But for anything else I wouldn't drive the 15 miles to the nearest store from me. They are the king of bait & switch and everything is "starting at $???" if you can find anything larger than a small.

My Brother lives in the UK, I live in Canada. I recently celebrated my 70th b/d So my brother wanted to get me a gift that I would use & asked for my input.

I told him there was a rather nice Vortex 6.5-20x44mm rifle scope currently on sale at my local Cabela's (& in their online store) so.... He tried to buy it online, have it shipped to my local Cabela's store where I would then collect it after providing proof of my identity. (standard procedure when collecting items ordered online)

Payment would have been made on his "international" credit card, which would have paid Cabela's in full, in Cdn $$$ at the time of purchase, BUT their system would not allow him to make payment.

He contacted their "help line" via e-mail & explained the situation, but was told that they were unable to help & merely suggested he send me the money to purchase the gift myself. Yes! we are well aware that is a solution, but he wanted to send me a gift, not money! I have been a fan of Cabela's since they opened a local store but alas no more if that is their attitude to customer service.

Hey Kretz,, gotta ask,,, why couldnt your Brother just have ordered it online and had it shipped directly to your home address?

Hey Kretz,, gotta ask,,, why couldnt your Brother just have ordered it online and had it shipped directly to your home address?

Hi Cowpuc... That is exactly what he tried to do, when they wouldn't do that, he then tried to order online & deliver to my local store for me to collect. Here's the reply I got from them after I complained: (Basically, we don't care!)

I apologize for your recent experience. Unfortunately, Cabela’s Canada in unable to accept any international credit cards and would be unable to process the order online, or charge the card at all.

Seems they just won't accept orders online using a foreign credit card!

Edited by Kretz