IGNORED

Passenger Pegs

Scifiman

Hey folks,

I am looking for some adjustable passenger pegs for my 08 Venture, I figured I could score a set of Kuryakyn’s thru Fortnine but the figment guide for all their versions only list Harley’s.

Seen a set on a Venture back last fall at the Branford meet at Paul’s place but damned if I can remember whose bike it was, was hoping for a Kuryakyn part number so I could track a set down.

Looked thru the forum but most postings regarding passenger pegs were fairly old and most of the links referred to outdated webpages, a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chances are what you saw were from Diamond R accessories, they made a lot of items for Ventures a number of years ago, but sadly they got out of the business for a while and got rid of their Venture, eventually they bought a CAN AM and now are making accessories for the Can Ams, you may find them on face book to see what they are offering now.

I have these https://addonaccessories.net/footrests/gl1800-adjustable-passenger-pegs.html on my Goldwing, they may work on a Venture, if AddOn has a good return policy maybe you could get them and try them, if they do not fit or cannot be adapted, you could return them and only be out the cost of shipping.

Diamond R is the only ones I have seen but the common complaint was they pushed the knees way too high. I looked at a set this weekend at Don's that had the screw removed and they were still very high. I made my first set about the same height and my short legged wife complained they were too tall. I lowered them an inch lower and she loves it. The ones I offer aren't adjustable but can be lowered farther by filing off the aluminum where it hits the stop. I'm thinking of making a steel set with powder coated chrome arms that will be adjustable but won't have them available for a few weeks as I have a couple of prop sets to build first. IMG_1285.jpgThey will also go much lower than the DR. This pic is before I lowered them. You can see them in Cowpuc's video of maintenance day as they are now. Mine also include an optional Wolo horn mount built in.

You could start contacting XV100SE(Don), Dogman(Dave), herb1 (Rob), stickhandle2(Mike) or Sleepy2(Phil) they were the second gen bikes that would have been there

Excellent suggestion, I know I took a pic of the pegs at your place, should have acted on them right then and there instead of waiting till now when I need them in about a month, I just assumed it was something that could be had quickly online, well you know what happens when you assume something.

Thanks

Edited by Scifiman

I have the Diamond R passenger highway pegs. Couldn't offer any other suggestions but if RDawson is making them he'd be your "go-to" guy.

Yep, might have been your bike that I took the peg pic of, I will shoot RDawson a PM, thanks.

I put these on 06 Venture wife really liked being able to change her riding position in the long haul. They were a little expensive which required a custom mounting bracket I had fabricated out of aluminum.

P6030006.JPG

P6030007.JPG

Edited by WildBill1