IGNORED

Windshield

I wish somebody would come out with a really quality and wider windshield for the SVTC. Clearnview nor F4 have done so. Madstad makes one and they have a good shield but I'm not sure I like the looks on this bike. BigBike parts have one but only in clear and I've seen posts that it seems a bit flimsy.

Have any of you tried the Madstad?

Different bike, but I have a Madstad on the Victory. Never had the OEM so other than a couple dealer rides never rode with factory. But they are big kind of like the OEM RSV shield. The Madstad allows some adjustment up and down sort of but you can tilt it which actually gives you some height adjustment. But adjusts the wind for deflection and ventilation. You all's Venture 3's have adjustable height shields. So whats the beef.

The beef is, just like on the RSV, the windshield is not wide enough.

My very first 1st Gen back in 87 was a Blonde 84 Royale, came out of an estate sale of an older gentlemen who put a ton of $$$'s in it before he passed away. Reading this @Freebird reminded me that one of the add on's he did was adding " side wings" to the windshield. They were attached to the sides of the shield by drilling thru the windshield and mounted so they could be pivoted in and out.. Made AWESOME venting and actually worked really well at their intended design of widening the stock windshield. I was also amazed at how little they created view blockage and how well they worked in the rain for pushing the wet outwardly. Ever heard of or seen them brother? Wonder if that might be an answer to meet your wider shield needs..

I KNOW,, all old school stuff BUT that was the school we attended :big-grin-emoticon:

@cowpuc , Baker used to make them. Same guy who made the lower wind deflectors. He used to be at the old V-Daze Rallies and would install them and the lower wings as you purchased them. He is actually still in business but no longer offers anything for the Yamaha.

Here is an example of basically the same thing.

https://bakerbuiltairwings.com/proddetail.php?prod=1STLNWSW

cowpuc , Baker used to make them. Same guy who made the lower wind deflectors. He used to be at the old V-Daze Rallies and would install them and the lower wings as you purchased them. He is actually still in business but no longer offers anything for the Yamaha.

Here is an example of basically the same thing.

https://bakerbuiltairwings.com/proddetail.php?prod=1STLNWSW

Yep,, that is the stuff! Not sure but I think I may have some parts/pieces of the setup that came on my 84.. Been a longgg time since I have seen any of it (stored in a box up in the garage) but if you think you might be able to use any of it I will drag it/them along to MD,, yours FREE just for being such a great Boss :big-grin-emoticon: (+1 "get out of the VR penalty box" free card for shipping and handling of course :missingtooth:)..

If you can find it, I'll see what I can do but if I remember correctly, his original models required drilling the windshield. Looks like the ones he sells now are a sandwich design clamp so no drilling is necessary. I doubt I would drill my windshield to experiment with it. Sooner or later, somebody will hopefully come out with a quality shield for this bike. Maybe. Production numbers are low enough that most won't bother.

Yea, that's the one that I mentioned in my first post that is sold by Big Bike Parts. I've not seen it in person but a couple of posts have stated that it's a bit flimsy. Other reports have been OK though. It also only comes in clear and I would prefer one that it lightly tinted.

Yea, that's the one that I mentioned in my first post that is sold by Big Bike Parts. I've not seen it in person but a couple of posts have stated that it's a bit flimsy. Other reports have been OK though. It also only comes in clear and I would prefer one that it lightly tinted.

I put one on a couple of weeks ago. Took it on a 600 mile trip and it worked fine. I had a Clearview on my previous bike and like that one better. However, Show Chrome is the only one making shields for the SVTC right now.

One weird thing - at night, with bugs on the windshield, I started getting some strange refraction. Didn't affect driving and stopped refraction in daylight and when there was no bugs (clean). I'll keep it I think.

Hey @captdrac and/or @crossbowme , could one or both of you give Craig at Clearview a call? I talked to him on the phone this morning and he told me that he is ready to proceed with a windshield for our bikes. What he needs is a stock windshield which I'm sure he will return to you. He would also like to hear your likes and/or dislikes of the shields that you purchased.

I'll send you both a PM with is information. Sure hope that one of you is willing to send him your OEM shield.